Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Lady Gaga's voice got rated an A from the critics..

ThatAsianGuy

Featured Posts

ThatAsianGuy

Slaaaay...:whitney:

Here's the list

STAR - Incredible technical proficiency marked by performance consistency and intonation accuracy as well as great musicality. The golden standard.

Aretha Franklin
Beyonce
Mariah Carey
Michael Jackson
So Hyang
Whitney Houston

A Listers: Good to great technical proficiency marked by generally consistent performances and solid intonation accuracy, as well as good to great musicality. Minor flaws.

A
Brendon Urie
Lady Gaga
P!nk
Sara Bareilles

A-
Celine Dion
Kelly Clarkson

B Listers: Good to acceptable technical proficiency marked by good consistency and acceptable intonation accuracy, as well as good musicality. Some flaws.

B+
Christina Grimmie
JoJo
Lea Michele
Liam Payne

B
Carrie Underwood
Hayley Williams
Tori Kelly
Usher

B-
Ariana Grande
Avril Lavigne
Christina Aguilera
Demi Lovato
Elly Jackson (La Roux)
Gwen Stefani
Jessie J
Kiesza
Miley Cyrus
Zayn Malik

C Listers: Acceptable to not good technical proficiency marked by inconsistent performances and tolerable to intolerable intonation accuracy, as well as okay musicality. Considerable flaws.

C+
Adele
Florence Welch (Florence + The Machine)
Kelly Rowland
Lana Del Rey

C
Adam Levine (Maroon 5)
Bridgit Mendler
Carly Rae Jepsen
Conor Maynard
Ellie Goulding
Harry Styles
Justin Bieber
Kesha
Pixie Lott
Sia

C-
Katy Perry
Rihanna

D Listers: Not good technical proficiency marked by generally bad live performances, intolerable intonation accuracy, and/or poor musicality. Flaws may exceed perfections.

D+
Taylor Swift

D
Britney Spears
Selena Gomez

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HauntingHollow

It is not about her voice, but her technique :classy:

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

SlayGagaloo
2 minutes ago, ThatAsianGuy said:

B+
Liam Payne

C+
Adele

This is embarrassing :poot:

Over.

PerfectIllusion

Florence in the same category as Lana and lower than Miley C ??? :oprah:

Also Gaga is higher than Celine on that list.. Slay i guess but.. not really:awkney:

Madam Margolyes

Here's her vocal profile

Spoiler

Range: F#2 - G5 - C6 (E7)
Longest Note: 20 seconds (The Abramovic Method)
Vocal Type: Lyric Mezzo-Soprano, though Contralto is a common but incorrect perception. (3 Octaves and 3 notes)
Vocal Rating: A
Recommended Listenings: Government Hooker, Speechless, Wonderful, Do What U Want

Positives:
A properly trained singer with great technique. Her belts are resonant and supported well, reaching up to G5 in early recordings, and up to F#5 in Do What U Want. She is capable of rapid firing high belts, (see the last chorus of Marry the Night). Her low notes are very dark and full, but can also mimic a talking voice. Her head voice can be thick with an operatic weight, or light and airy. The contrast in colors in her tone is impressive though her voice sits naturally with a darker tone.

Distinctive, unique vocal phrasing, that allows for her to communicate an array of emotions. Even though she is capable of singing a melisma, she does not overuse the technique to show her abilities. Great legato lines and respectable staccato ones as well. Ability to hold pitches for extended periods without wavering. Her voice can transcend through multiple genres, including balladry, dance/pop, country, jazz and rock.

Her vibrato and placement are some of her strongest points. Her vibrato is wide, controlled with an operatic quality and is executed excellently. Her placement for her belts is becoming stronger over time, there is less strain on her D5's, Eb5's and E5's.

Negatives:
In her early career starting at D5, her belts were shouty and poorly mixed. She rarely uses her head voice live (at least above E5), and lacks projection in that area. After vocal coaching in 2014/2015, her issue mostly lies with mask placement and occasionally dropping support above C5.

:diane:

littlepotter

Glad to see Adele finally getting what she deserves. I never understood the hype for her voice. She's an amazing human but I've never seen someone more overhyped.

chaeri pls

AMENiCURE
17 minutes ago, ThatAsianGuy said:

D
Britney Spears
Selena Gomez

we been knew

bumblebee

"she does not overuse the technique to show her abililities" - this is probably the best thing about Gaga's singing, like she understand that the pleasure lies in the small details and nuances rather than in constantly belting dem high notes 

22 minutes ago, Madam Margolyes said:

Here's her vocal profile

Reveal hidden contents

Vocal Type: Lyric Mezzo-Soprano, though Contralto is a common but incorrect perception. (3 Octaves and 3 notes)
Recommended Listenings: Government Hooker, Speechless, Wonderful, Do What U Want

Positives:
A properly trained singer with great technique. Her belts are resonant and supported well, reaching up to G5 in early recordings, and up to F#5 in Do What U Want. She is capable of rapid firing high belts, (see the last chorus of Marry the Night). Her low notes are very dark and full, but can also mimic a talking voice. Her head voice can be thick with an operatic weight, or light and airy. The contrast in colors in her tone is impressive though her voice sits naturally with a darker tone.

Distinctive, unique vocal phrasing, that allows for her to communicate an array of emotions. Even though she is capable of singing a melisma, she does not overuse the technique to show her abilities. Great legato lines and respectable staccato ones as well. Ability to hold pitches for extended periods without wavering. Her voice can transcend through multiple genres, including balladry, dance/pop, country, jazz and rock.

Her vibrato and placement are some of her strongest points. Her vibrato is wide, controlled with an operatic quality and is executed excellently. Her placement for her belts is becoming stronger over time, there is less strain on her D5's, Eb5's and E5's.

Negatives:
In her early career starting at D5, her belts were shouty and poorly mixed. She rarely uses her head voice live (at least above E5), and lacks projection in that area. After vocal coaching in 2014/2015, her issue mostly lies with mask placement and occasionally dropping support above C5.

Her voice can transcend through multiple genres, including balladry, dance/pop, country, jazz and rock.

THE GODDESS OF MUSIC !  :wub: :golfclap:

rawrimamonster
25 minutes ago, Madam Margolyes said:

Here's her vocal profile

Reveal hidden contents

Positives:

Negatives:

I was thinking this ranking was just some clickbait fluff till I read the actual profiles- this person clearly knows a lot about music. Still can't see some of the justifications here, though. I know it's about technique but still... Breondon Urie above Adele? Girl please....

Florian
28 minutes ago, SlayGagaloo said:

This is embarrassing :poot:

It's not. Adèle has an awful technique. She shouts too much and breath control is only "good". Nothing outstanding.

20 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Glad to see Adele finally getting what she deserves. I never understood the hype for her voice. She's an amazing human but I've never seen someone more overhyped.

Same. It's not voice but technique. You can like a voice even without technique. That's why I love Sia for exemple, the way her voice cracks etc

Music
33 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

11 minutes ago, Florian said:

It's not. Adèle has an awful technique. She shouts too much and breath control is only "good". Nothing outstanding.

humbly disagree.

i saw her live at 1 of her 2 sold out Sydney shows of 98,000 people and it was honestly one of the best live performances i've ever experienced.

she was incredible.
it felt like such a personal and individual experience despite her performing in front of 98k other people.

she deserves to be higher of this list, same with Sia (who i'm finally going to see in December!)

HauntingHollow
13 minutes ago, rawrimamonster said:

I was thinking this ranking was just some clickbait fluff till I read the actual profiles- this person clearly knows a lot about music. Still can't see some of the justifications here, though. I know it's about technique but still... Breondon Urie above Adele? Girl please....

Adele has a shitty technique though :poot:

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

Archived