💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why does America have no interest in Katy Perry at all?

Bradley

Featured Posts

Slayer

Because when it comes to pop stars, America is like a five-year-old with a brand new toy. They have fun with it for a little while, then they toss it aside when they get bored.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canÊčt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatislaps
24 minutes ago, EDP said:

She lacks something very crucial. The GP is starting to WITNESS her lack of.....

Hide contents

Talent. :trollga:

The tea is hot

yiALz8q.gif

TSUNAMI
12 hours ago, vrajesh said:

giphy.gif

America has said Bon Voyage to her :pray:

HOWLING OMG :ladyhaha: 

Neroneau
12 hours ago, ă‚ŒăƒŹăƒŸ ノヮェăƒȘノ said:

her new hairstyle definitely plays a big factor:madge:

no joke :saladga:

Evan Peters
4 hours ago, Slayer said:

Because when it comes to pop stars, America is like a five-year-old with a brand new toy. They have fun with it for a little while, then they toss it aside when they get bored.

it's a well deserved tossing though :giggle:

emma roberts is an abuser

memomemome

The tracks she released so far, is kinda bland. I don't know with her standards or Drake popularized the "bland"ness or because she haven't collaborating much with her previous writers/producers but sorry Katy.

Whispering
13 hours ago, Bradley said:

Does that mean Adele's next album will flop?

It won't. 

Swish Swish very much like Bon AppÚtit couldn't get passed #15 on the US iTunes chart :duck:

Lord Temptation

All the overhyped big names of 2013 will flop this year tho. Guess you could call it ARTPOP's revenge.

Bradley
16 hours ago, Fish said:

GUY is a bad song. truth/ 

Your opinion.

G.U.Y. is one of my (and many fans') favourite songs. That pre-chorus>>>>

Smother Em Eh

They have 0 interest in her because she's boring! Her music has always been really the same. She hasn't evolved. She has such a boring persona. She isn't like Gaga where she is super unpredictable and creative with her craft. She doesn't push boundaries either! She mostly is just a bubblegum pop star and nothing more. She just isn't all that interesting! 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

StrawberryBlond
On 19/05/2017 at 10:45 AM, Dorothy Gale said:

She got overexposed here. Her songs had great recurrent radio plays, and she had the halftime show, tv commercials and more. People are probably more open to her in Europe, but she's been everywhere since teenage dream in America. 

It isn't just America, the whole world has responded the same way. Katy has never been as big in Europe as she has in America. The UK is the only place where she's truly a "thing" in Europe and from personal experience, I can say her star has dimmed considerably here. Her awful live performance of Unconditionally on the X Factor final really cemented her as an unreliable live act and so many people regretted buying tickets for the tour after that moment. I dread to think how her reputation will suffer further when she headlines Radio 1's Big Weekend and Glastonbury real soon. I remember a French GGD member once said that Katy's only really big hit song there was Firework. Her European tours have always been small, even Prismatic. Even though Europe loves its pop music, we can be weirdly selective. And despite having such a big following in Australia as of late, what with that massive Prismatic leg and even getting to #1 with Rise, she seems to have been weirdly forgotten about there. In the top ten major music markets, there are 4 European countries - UK, France, Germany and Italy. I checked her single and album performances in these countries. In the UK, she's had 2 #1 albums. In France, Germany and Italy she has 0. In the UK, she has 4 #1 singles (all of them lead singles). In Germany, she has 2. In Italy, she has 1. In France, she has 0. To put that into perspective, Taylor Swift's albums also follow the same story and she's never any #1's in any of the major European markets.

Dorothy Gale
1 minute ago, StrawberryBlond said:

It isn't just America, the whole world has responded the same way. Katy has never been as big in Europe as she has in America. The UK is the only place where she's truly a "thing" in Europe and from personal experience, I can say her star has dimmed considerably here. Her awful live performance of Unconditionally on the X Factor final really cemented her as an unreliable live act and so many people regretted buying tickets for the tour after that moment. I dread to think how her reputation will suffer further when she headlines Radio 1's Big Weekend and Glastonbury real soon. I remember a French GGD member once said that Katy's only really big hit song there was Firework. Her European tours have always been small, even Prismatic. Even though Europe loves its pop music, we can be weirdly selective. And despite having such a big following in Australia as of late, what with that massive Prismatic leg and even getting to #1 with Rise, she seems to have been weirdly forgotten about there. In the top ten major music markets, there are 4 European countries - UK, France, Germany and Italy. I checked her single and album performances in these countries. In the UK, she's had 2 #1 albums. In France, Germany and Italy she has 0. In the UK, she has 4 #1 singles (all of them lead singles). In Germany, she has 2. In Italy, she has 1. In France, she has 0. To put that into perspective, Taylor Swift's albums also follow the same story and she's never any #1's in any of the major European markets.

I thought CTTR did considerably better in Europe than in America? That could be due to rap being huge in America and pushing Katy out of the charts quicker, but yeah she's been too overexposed everywhere. I think a similar thing happened to Gaga. She was constantly talked about, her every outfit was a news headline, every song went top ten and by the end of the BTW era the public had had enough. Katy has had too many hits to top herself now in the eyes of the GP. Once the public has responded well to a certain amount of songs it gets harder to have a hit, because it's always being compared to past hits. Many people thought "I wanted another Just Dance" or "It's not as iconic as Bad Romance" or "the message is nothing like Born This Way" when Applause came out. Would Applause and CTTR be met with a better reaction if they'd have come out in Katy and Gaga's previous eras? Probably.  

StrawberryBlond
14 minutes ago, Dorothy Gale said:

I thought CTTR did considerably better in Europe than in America? That could be due to rap being huge in America and pushing Katy out of the charts quicker, but yeah she's been too overexposed everywhere. I think a similar thing happened to Gaga. She was constantly talked about, her every outfit was a news headline, every song went top ten and by the end of the BTW era the public had had enough. Katy has had too many hits to top herself now in the eyes of the GP. Once the public has responded well to a certain amount of songs it gets harder to have a hit, because it's always being compared to past hits. Many people thought "I wanted another Just Dance" or "It's not as iconic as Bad Romance" or "the message is nothing like Born This Way" when Applause came out. Would Applause and CTTR be met with a better reaction if they'd have come out in Katy and Gaga's previous eras? Probably.  

No, CTTR peaked at #4 in the US and in comparison, it peaked, on average, at #5 or lower throughout Europe. It only went #4 or higher in tiny music markets with small populations (Latvia, Greece, Hungary, Romania, Slovenia). It went #4 in Spain and #3 in Russia, though, which have big populations and are decent-sized music markets, but they're more top 20 than top 10.

It wasn't due to rap pushing her out either. She released it when Shape Of You was tearing up the charts worldwide, all Ed's songs, really. Now she's also in competition with Harry Styles, the DJ Kahled song, the Despacito remix, Miley, Selena, Liam Payne, even The Chainsmokers...it's not all rap that's pushing her out in America. And even worldwide, urban is a bigger force than you might imagine, some of which isn't even translating in America. Jason Derulo's song, which features Nicki and Ty Dolla $ign, has gone top ten in a considerable number of European markets and is currently at #11 on UK itunes and has peaked at #6 in our official charts, yet, it's only peaked at #41 in America. Going back a fair bit here, but I remember when Kelis has numerous top tens in the UK with her Tasty album back in 2003, yet the only hit she had from that album in America was Milkshake. An American urban act not being big in America is a phenomenon that is surprisingly not new.

Archived