đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Remy Ma ENDED Nicki Minaj (Receipts)

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

Lion Heart

Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that Remy Ma ENDED Nicki Minaj? (Or at least left a massive dent). 

Nicki Minaj has released a grand total of 8-9 (?) songs this year (Light My Body Up, a song with Jason Derulo, Changed It, Bom Bidi Bom, No Frauds, Regret in your Tears + others that I don't remember :madge: )  

NONE of them became hits. The song with Jason Derulo is discounted and hasn't risen past 30 (to my knowledge). LMBU was getting a few spins on radio, and then it completely fell off radio and iTunes. No Frauds was #1 on iTunes for some hours (it is now the 90s). (Side to Side was released before the Remy Ma debacle- I think- so it doesn't count). 

What's going on??? Did Remy really tarnish her image? Did her fanbase leave her?? No seriously, what's going on? Discuss. 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nick1495

I don't think so. It's just those songs weren't good...poor choice in features in my opinion. The collab with David Guetta doesn't live up to her other collabs with him 

Lion Heart
1 minute ago, Nick1495 said:

I don't think so. It's just those songs were good...

Wait, is this a typo? 

FATCAT

Causation vs. correlation

I'm sure remy didn't help Nicki's sales, but directly cut her down this hard? Doubt it.

Purr more, hiss less.

Werk

Well No Frauds peaked and debuted at #14  on the hot 100 but it had a drastic fall the next week so yeah lol 

MJHolland

Who like really cares tho?

Why are we impressed one female had to take down another just to start her career? Why are we impressed by that? That shouldn't be a good thing, and we shouldn't be laughing at/shaming Nicki's professional career taking a turn for the worse. 

It's not cool that females feel they have to tear each other down just to stand out. We should instead focus on women that lift each other up, and we definitely shouldn't encourage women that feel the need to slander each other or encourage the other woman to "clap back".  

JohnWayne23

Its a perfect storm tbh. The things that are leading to it:

The gays: She made a terrible remark in regards to the Orlando shooting

Remi Ma: Just like Nicki discredited Iggy and hurt Iggy's cred, Remy put a dent in Nicki's cred.

Time: It's been 7 years since Nicki's first solo song charted. Her expiration date is coming up

Her Ego: omg its such a turn off, this coming from a former fan. 

Lion Heart
1 minute ago, JohnWayne23 said:

Its a perfect storm tbh. The things that are leading to it:

The gays: She made a terrible remark in regards to the Orlando shooting

Remi Ma: Just like Nicki discredited Iggy and hurt Iggy's cred, Remy put a dent in Nicki's cred.

Time: It's been 7 years since Nicki's first solo song charted. Her expiration date is coming up

Her Ego: omg its such a turn off, this coming from a former fan. 

Wait what did she say? 

Bebe

Nah, she has always released features that have charted along where all those songs have charted. Some people just are not here for a 20 second verse on a song.

Just before Anaconda dropped she had featured on Usher's 'She Came to Give It To You' that charted at #89,  released Pills n Potions that came it at #24, Lookin Ass that didn't reach the Billboard Hot 100, been featured on Wale's Clappers that didn't chart, featured on DJ Khaled's  'I Wanna Be with You' that didn't chart, featured on Chris Brown's 'Love More' that charted at #23, featured on 'Get Like Me' with Nelly and Pharrell that didn't chart, featured on 'Twerk It' by Busta Rhymes that didn't chart, featured on Ciara's 'Im Out' that charted at #44, featured on 'Somebody Else' by Mario that didn't chart, released High School that reached #64 ....

I could go on. That was the past 11 singles Nicki dropped before Anaconda. I went back to High School that was the last single off the Re-Up when Anaconda was from her next album The Pinkprint.

This is normal for Nicki :shrug: She is a rapper.

Ooolong

Who cares? :rip: 

No, Remy hasn't had any impact on her sales. If she did, it was very small. The reason her collaborations, because be mindful they're not even actually her songs, aren't doing well isn't because Remy 'ended' her, or because of Nicki being featured. 

The Unbannable Chanteuse

Ooolong

And, her having a second long feature on a song won't make it a hit? It'll became a hit depending on the rest of the song and the reaction to it. Mess. 

The Unbannable Chanteuse

JohnWayne23
1 minute ago, MJHolland said:

Why are we impressed one female had to take down another just to start her career? Why are we impressed by that? That shouldn't be a good thing, and we shouldn't be laughing at/shaming Nicki's professional career taking a turn for the worse. 

It's not cool that females feel they have to tear each other down just to stand out. We should intend focus on women that lift each other up, and we definitely shouldn't encourage women that feel the need to slander each other or encourage the other woman to "clap back".  

CHZfvp3.gif

I believe this #1 hit of hers is from the year 2004

Lion Heart
2 minutes ago, Bebe said:

Nah, she has always released features that have charted along where all those songs have charted. Some people just are not here for a 20 second verse on a song.

Just before Anaconda dropped she had featured on Usher's 'She Came to Give It To You' that charted at #89,  released Pills n Potions that came it at #24, Lookin Ass that didn't reach the Billboard Hot 100, been featured on Wale's Clappers that didn't chart, featured on DJ Khaled's  I Wanna Be with You that didn't chart, featured on Chris Brown's Love More that charted at #23, featured on Get Like Me with Nelly and Pharrell that didn't chart, featured on Twerk It by Busta Rhymes that didn't chart, featured on Ciara's 'Im Out' that charted at #44 ....

I could go on.

This is normal for Nicki :shrug: 

Oh interesting.. :/ 

3 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

It's not cool that females feel they have to tear each other down just to stand out. We should instead focus on women that lift each other up, and we definitely shouldn't encourage women that feel the need to slander each other or encourage the other woman to "clap back".  

Remy didn't try to take down Nicki to start her career. She says she made the song because of stuff that happens behind the scenes that we don't see (such as tying to keep Remy from being invited to award shows and stuff). Remy has a child to support, and if Nicki actually has done these things then I fully support Remy. If she truly acts this way, then she deserved it.

Archived