Featured Posts

Erich Johnson
20 hours ago, FlyPirate said:

5Vw5jc8.gif 

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTGOD

I feel like AYO would be a safer choice, it would take less effort for it to do well but if it did it would only be a moderate hit in the US or something like that. On the other hand DIC feels a little bit riskier (lyrics and all) but if it's successful it could be her first international smash in years.

Jorge Gonzalez Varela

I think Joanne's was over, but if there really was a third single it would have to be DIamnd Heart, that song and its choruses are glorious.

Here's to our brand new start, I won't be waiting for nothing. I'll mend the broken parts. Pick up the pieces,

juju
On 2/27/2017 at 7:05 PM, Algorithm said:

HEY GIRL!

THISTHISTHIS

❀ x ❀

debate? what debate

DIC, an iHeartRadio certified smash, is the only option avialable

anotado.gif

GagaOhhLaLa

Hey Girl and Diamond Heart...

I did have a dream that it was GG

[Long time lurker, first time posting... Please don't kill me, my little monsters or whatever is still okay to call each other~~~~ I'm just strung-out on John Wayne or Mary Jane or whateviez, and... I rambled to myself, okay? &in case yr wondrin, i'm not srry.]

Why Is This Even A Question?

1. :derpga: Let's acknowledge that the already limited options for commercially viable single Joanne has, even if we put aside everything we know and act like they're all new. Even if this was uncomplicated by LG5 release shenanigans, let's all be honest and admit there's  songs radio might touch: "A-YO," "John Wayne," "D.I.C.," "Perfect Illusion," and "Million Reasons." 

Anyone voting for "other" and thinking of anything besides "John Wayne" === either on some fakeness   or making an argument not about radio. 

2. :trollga: Imagine "Come To Mama" smashing---okay yr gig grr so Do What U Wahnt---but, real talk: Joanne only ever had five remote single possibilities... now down to three, two of which are damaged goods.

"A-Yo" has already been promoted as a single, meaning she will have limited options in terms of TV shows to perform "A-Yo" on. Makes no sense.

"John Wayne" blew its load on a video that was good enough to make most ppl remember how great Gaga's visuals can be when extended... Even if it had been classic 9mins&45secs greatness, how would a campaign for "John Wayne" work?  Setting aside this era and its twin babies called "No longer" and "Give-a-F," the only thing "J.W."'s video proves is how video is still the lynchpin for any Lady Gaga single campaign. 

"Dancing In Circles" alone has nothing working against it, objectively.

3.   :saladga: So. If Gaga has anyone--just one--person on her team who still cares about Lady Gaga the pop goddess, then Joanne era should end with "D.I.C." as third single...

unless:

We get some throwback to "The Complete Confection"-style deluxe rereleases---Joanne: XO, with standard tracks plus some new stuff. 

"A-Yo" ft. Taylor Swift
"John Wayne" ft. RuPaul (lmao pls god)

Beyonce, Katy, [X]---everyone but Gaga has really made this move in a strategic way. Let's see a remix-cameo single not stemming from Gaga misfires.

Finally, we all know someone---along the road to Joanne---made serious nu, nu-disco **** with Gaga, and a rerelease would ideally hop on the disco-dance train before it's overdone. Go back to the original disco vibes that were eventually watered down to become "Come To Mama." 

Christ--at this point, I would prefer her cover of "I Want Your Love" to get a proper single push more than "D.I.C." and its Alejandro amnesia. 

4.   :bye:  It's time for this era to end, whatever the third single is. "Million Reasons" is the little single that got steamrolled, lil single that couldn't until Gaga played nice'n'polite for football fans and consequently either convinced or negotiated Interscope of her appeal to that "girl in a field in middle America" she says that she imagined while recording...

Only a major label could tell pop radio "Million Reasons" is a pop hit... and whatever the case, the 3rd single will get ignored like "G.U.Y.," ignored on principle. It's already over.

Now is the moment for Niles Rodgers and DJ WS to go into the studio and record w/ Gaga until she is more chic and disco than Diana Ross on the Diana album singing "Tenderness." Until she comes back with zero nostalgia and The Fame-levels of self-belief in her sound as pop-quaking revolutionary acts against pop ever being boring. She has to come correct, next time, and nothing's gonna do it except a sound that feels new to fans and the public. Gaga needs disco, real disco filtered thru a production team both classic and contemporary so that she sounds NEW. MAKE IT NEW AGAIN.

Seriously, wtf? Niles Rodgers, please save Lady Gaga!

XO,
Jo-andy
AKA Azealia Banks
AKA Vintage Chris Crocker

baptism

I've changed my mind. DIC for third and final single, if there's a third single at all. Still holding out for a EP. 

GG

spread love and peace with every intention. Cherish everything u have. Be Yourself

8 minutes ago, Zaza said:

GG

"Grigio Girls" is a great single for the "white people nearing death by liver failure who live in a house with a door that doesn't shut all the way and sometimes racoons get in" demographic...

GG as 3rd single and first EVER  "Americana Poverty" anthem, by our own Lady Gaga!

FentyGa
On 09/03/2017 at 4:13 AM, iWontBeTonight said:

A-YO or John Wayne. Anything else is a mistake. 

giphy.gif

FentyGa
On 08/03/2017 at 7:19 PM, Solar said:

debate? what debate

DIC, an iHeartRadio certified smash, is the only option avialable

anotado.gif

giphy.gif

ArtGagaPop

DIC, Hey Girl, A-YO and Joanne are all songs i would fully support for third single 

• Jase unpinned this topic

Archived