Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
digital art

The artRAVE stage reimagined by me

Panchecco

Featured Posts

Panchecco

I had this idea in mind for the last couple of days and I was finally able to make it work. My photo editing skills are not that good and I made these pretty quickly so I'm aware that they might look cheap or poorly edited in some parts but still, I would like to know what y'all think  :staymad:

So the basic idea was to recreate the white inflatable palace of the artRAVE as if it was a sort of BTWBT castle 2.0 or an "ARTPOP Edition" of the castle if you like. I was also inspired by the Olympus in the Disney movie Hercules (which Gaga said was the main inspiration - she had a picture of it as her Twitter cover for a while) and the stage designed by Bob Wilson for the 2013 VMAs:

ttCshcc.jpg

Spoiler

This new stage is built on different levels:
- The first part (on the foreground) is basically the same stage we all know - the inflatable palace - but I've added gems and crystals on the sides. This part is motionless and it's the only inflatable part of the stage (crystals excluded)
- Right behind that there are 3 different sections that are mobile and they "pop up" when the first chorus of "ARTPOP" hits. Each section has two or three "towers", they have their own lights (just like the BTWBT castle) and some of their elements slightly rotate during certain songs (almost like the palace is alive)
- Behind these two "levels" there is a foam copy of Koons' statue that pops up behind the palace and it is part of the actual palace. The Gazing ball has its own lights and it keeps changing color following the vibe of the songs Gaga is playing: it can blink, flicker or twinkle. 

When the show starts all you can see is the first level (the original palace), then the towers pop up and when "ARTPOP" ends the statue slowly appears. The palace is impracticable in fact, unlike the BTWBT castle, nobody can walk or dance on it. 

Spoiler

ispirations:

08125442c6904c42a5d96c14bd893204.jpg9651220169_ff2b5773fa_c-copy.jpgfaec35d9f15db1fb7ca33b0d8ceb3562.jpgThe-Born-This-Way-Ball-Tour-in-Seoul-Sou

I also wanted to add something ever more "greek" to fit with the aesthetic of Olympus and Venus so I came up with these colums - similar to the ones used in the G.U.Y. music video. The columns can be moved through the catwalks because they have wheels underneath. Whem the columns are close to each other this is the effect:

wGxIl1b.png

Spoiler

inspirations:
lady+gaga5.pngtumblr_n2v4h9Sb2r1rsxbklo1_500.gifhearstcastle.jpg

and the final alteration is the "getting dressed on stage". Instead of the "structure" we all know I come up with a metal sphere (with a door like the original prop) simbolyzing the Gazing ball:

UxZSQK3.png

I was also thinking that I would have been so cool if two or three dancers had a few kites each shaped like giants koi fish during ARTPOP, something similar to this shot by Ruth Hogben. I think it would have worked with the submarine aesthetic of the opening number (bubbles as backdrop and dancers dressed like sea animals). Katy had something similar at her Prismatic World Tour but her "kites" (I don't even know if that's what they're called tbh) shaped like giant butterflies and the effect was very magical (video here)

DISCLAIMER: this project is totally pointless and I KNOW IT so please don't comment by saying "what's the point, it has been 3 years since the artrave", I know and I don't care, it was just something I wanted to do :lolly:

KingOfSpain

I'M DEAD THOSE EDITS SLAYED MY ENTIRE EXISTENCE

tumblr_lk2xzjFVoP1qcx9qt.gif

http://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/227246-ceremony-gagas-videography-megarate/

The Master

OMG :giveup: This is amazing!! :excited2:This makes me hyped for the artRAVE, even tho it happened years ago and this isn't what it actually looked at. :wub:

donutellha

I love it but holy scheisse is the upper unit overwhelming, I think the koons sculpture takes too much attention from the screen

But damn that's great! 

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

DeleteMyAccount

It's interesting how expanding on the blowup castle by making it bigger/more complex and adding the crystals can make the stage look so much better. Now that I look back I realize that there was a lot of empty space with the stage and the screen being small.

SpookyKid

I love it! :giveup: Only thing I don't like is the koons sculpture, I think it's too much :oprah: 

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

Squeeshy Keety
7 minutes ago, Panchecco said:

My photo editing skills are not that good

That is a lie. These are amazing. You are impressive. Wow :worship2: 

They / Them 🏳️‍🌈

TheFriend

The bigger castle looks beautiful *claps*(without the Gaga sculpture I think it's too much)

Everything else, I prefer what we got. :green:

Archived