Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Wasn't Lovegame A Bigger Hit?

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

Glamourpuss
22 minutes ago, redhoodieslime said:

It was because it was never a single in UK :neyde:

But it was on TV music channels and all over the radio. And charted in the top 20. I remember it was everywhere.  :huh: :wtf:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Irrelevant
Just now, Glamourpuss said:

But it was on TV music channels and all over the radio. And charted in the top 20. I remember it was everywhere.  :huh: :wtf:

It was never a single, but I guess it gained traction :poot:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Glamourpuss
Just now, redhoodieslime said:

It was never a single, but I guess it gained traction :poot:

:omg:

sipthistea
Just now, Derpplause said:

because straight guys don't wanna take a ride on a disco stick :gaycat:

But they seem to be enjoying rides on d*ck bicycles :reductive:

Irrelevant
Just now, Glamourpuss said:

:omg:

It wasn't a single because it was too racy at that time, so Paparazzi was the 3rd single :neyde:(Eh Eh wasnt a single either if I remember) 

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Anderson123

It was very successful, though. It's just that the song was released (along with Eh Eh) around a time where Just Dance and Poker Face had exploded on the radio. 

Irrelevant
Just now, sipthistea said:

But they seem to be enjoying rides on d*ck bicycles :reductive:

omg :toofunny:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

YeehawKylie

All of her singles from TF and TFM were big hits, in my opinion. To say a Top 5 single isn't a hit...um...you must have high standards. I remember Lovegame and Paparazzi being huge when they were out, even if Lovegame is well remembered.

Chromatislaps
6 minutes ago, redhoodieslime said:

It wasn't a single because it was too racy at that time, so Paparazzi was the 3rd single :neyde:(Eh Eh wasnt a single either if I remember) 

eh eh was a single in Europe and Australia if I remember correctly :lolly: 

Irrelevant
3 minutes ago, Derpplause said:

eh eh was a single in Europe and Australia if I remember correctly :lolly: 

Wasn't it just France?

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Y'all are missing the point.   

I think the OP is asking why didn't LoveGame become as big as Just Dance or Poker Face.

It clearly didn't flop and outperformed all of ARTPOP and Joanne and some of BTW but no one was saying otherwise any way so take a seat.

Like when you think of classic Gaga hits, LoveGame is probably like the 5th or 6th song you'd think of. 

I can't really put my finger on it. I liked it way more than Just Dance. It's kinda cheesey pop and hasn't aged that well, but hardly any of The Fame/Monster songs have. The video was meh. Actually, come to think of it, the only MV worth watching from The Fame is Paparazzi. 

xoxo cupcakke

I mean, you can't expect her to have another number one hit so recently after Poker Face. It was a surprise Poker Face went number one after Just Dance. It was even a surprise Just Dance went number one at all at the time

And everyone saying it's because of the sexual nature... really? She releases such an explicit song about a sexual encounter, it goes top 10 in the countries it's released in because they're able to allow the song on radios. Should we also be asking why Alejandro or The Edge of Glory weren't as big as their predecessors as well? As a third single, it did very, very well, so I don't see why people are complaining about its supposed lack of success :madge:

Blahwhatever22

It was nothing special compared to JD and PF. The only relevant thing it brought to the table was the Disco Stick and that's it.

giphy.gif

Archived