💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

The DWUW Video would have destroyed Gaga's career....but why?

Drin Lon

Featured Posts

Drin Lon

I see all these people saying that they are glad that the DWUW was never released and that it would have destroyed her career...but why?

Like, ok it's a controversial video, but it's Gaga we're talking about. It's 2013Ga to be more specific. It's not like Gaga hasn't ever released a controversial video. Judas and Alejandro say hello, especially Alejandro, which was released when was Gags was still a pretty new artist.

I've always thought she didn't release the video because of R. Kelly and not because of the video itself....:oprah:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yo GagaGaga

I lowkey thought the same thing but I didn't post anything bc I thought I'd get dragged

2h6ezx1.jpg

Tresor

I don't think it would of damaged her career either. The song is great enough where it was on its way to become a global smash. A controversial video would have accelerated this process. 

Luke78619

I've never understood what was controversial about Alejandro?

OT: i think it's because she's unconscious in the R. Kelly Doctor scenes and he has been accused of sexual assault (correct me if I'm wrong) and she's singing 'do what u want with my body', so scenes like this would be very alarming to some people 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

River

Do you want some chickens? Azealia thinks the chickens are lovely.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

It would've been iconic

her career was already dying, and she'd have done C2C regardless, so I wish it were released (but minus a few scenes lol like the fingering or whatever)

SpookyKid

Everytime I forget about it a thread comes up and my heart dies once again :giveup: 

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

Cocaine Heart

Because she was being touched and entertained a child molester. And the video was shoot by a person who has  inappropriate sexual behaviour and takes advantage of people. 

We going to boo

HOTNebraskaGuy
Just now, Azelf550 said:

The only thing it would have done is make DWUW go top five, maybe even #1 :hor:

Truth ezgif.com-139a0e7e32.gif

One, five, ten lay a million on me

I'm glad it wasn't released. It would have destroyed her career because she wouldn't be able to book the Oscar's and that played a huge role in restoring her image. C2C wasn't enough. Also, TIHTY would have been trashed as hypocritical.

lifeasgeorge
Just now, BenG said:

I'm glad it wasn't released. It would have destroyed her career because she wouldn't be able to book the Oscar's and that played a huge role in restoring her image. C2C wasn't enough. Also, TIHTY would have been trashed as hypocritical.

Never thought of this, very interesting point to consider

live and let live

Drin Lon
5 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

it would've literally brought her her 4th #1 song, but, oh well..... :unicorn:

To me Bad Romance was number 1, so 5th #1 :diane:

Ps:If you count streaming, Both BR and Telephone went number 1. Ironic how Gaga can't get a hit now because of streaming, but back then her songs were bigger hits because of it...

Azelf550
1 minute ago, BenG said:

People already call it hypocritical because she worked with R. Kelly in the first place :shrug:

Archived