💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

'Joanne' User Reviews Megathread

Canon

Featured Posts

misunderstood

Finally fell in love with Grigio Girls fully!

top 5 now:

Grigio Girls

Just Another Day

Come To Mama

Dancin' In Circles

Diamond Heart

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realize I’m about a week late sharing my thoughts on this truly heavenly album, but nevertheless here we go. In a nutshell, I am confident saying that Joanne is some of the best work I’ve ever heard from Lady Gaga. There is so much emotion resonating throughout the album from the opening note to the closing beat. Anyone who thinks her continual remarks that Joanne is her “most personal to date” is all for some promotional gain is full of it and hasn’t allowed themselves to “experience” this masterpiece. The production, songwriting, and overall flow of the album is exceptional. I think she has done a swell job of capturing the ups and downs life can throw at us. 

I hate to even attempt to select some favorites because the tracks are all standouts. What I find refreshing about Joanne is that none of the tracks are what we call filler. Each song feels like it fits. Even those songs that I don't quite enjoy (John Wayne and Sinner's Prayer, don't stone me :toofunny:) Another thing I adore is how easy this album is to listen to. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED the fact that her previous albums were riddled with hidden meanings from start to finish, but after years of that, its great to sit through the album and quit easily pick up on what message Gaga is trying to get across. Maybe that's just me? :sweat: I know initially there were some qualms about the length of each song, and I too was a little turned off by the shortness, but it works! PS, sorry for the long winded post. :happy:

Diamond Heart was a perfect choice for the album opening. Like others have said, it has this "Marry the Night" vibe and as one of my favorite Gaga songs, I love that. This is Gaga commanding the attention and respect she deserves from everyone. "I might not be flawless, but you know I got a diamond heart" is pure genius. If I was to ever get a Gaga tattoo, it may just be those lyrics. 5/5

A-YO, such a high octane banger. It was an instant hit for me when she first sang it in Nashville and when she officially released it, I had it on repeat. I can't wait to bop to it live next year. 5/5

Joanne is the first Gaga song to bring me to tears on the first listen. I sat in my room and literally ugly cried while it played. Never has any song captured the fragility of how we feel when someone we love is near death. "Take my hand, stay, Joanne. Heaven's not ready for you" ,"Girl, where do you think you're going?", and that bridge hit me like a ton of bricks. I've been by the hospital beds of loved ones and uttered almost exactly those same words. Bravo Gaga. 5/5

John Wayne would perhaps be the song I am the most conflicted about.  I love it but I still haven't figured out "why" I love it. I'm the type of person who has to, stupidly perhaps?, have a reason for everything, so the fact I can't explain what appeals to me about John Wayne annoys me. I guess its the least relatable song on the album for me. 3.5/5 

Dancin' in Circles ushers in the obligatory "naughty" song that Gaga treats us to on each of her releases. While nothing will ever top "Heavy Metal Lover" for me, this concoction comes close. Sure a song about masturbation has been done and will be done again, but something about the lyrics, the beat, and overall vibe of Dancin' in Circles makes it stand out from the others. My only issue with this gem is the chorus lacks "something". But I can imagine Gaga, and most everyone, alone in our rooms trying to forget the suckiness of life by "rubbing one out."  4.5/5 

Perfect Illusion couldn't have been released at a more appropriate time in my life. The guy I was deadset on asking out earlier this fall turned out to be just a "perfect illusion". As we all know the song is chaotic and jarring, which perfectly captures the way we feel when someone we thought loved us turns out to be no different than the rest. The bridge, like almost all on Joanne, solidifies the greatness of the song for me. "Where are you 'cause I can't see? But I feel you watching me."is so perfect. If you've ever been in love then you can surely relate to that omnipresent feeling a past lover forever leaves you with. Whether it is hearing "your" song in a store, smelling some cologne reminiscent of the brand he wore,  or even something as simple as memories, these past flames never truly extinguish. 5/5

Million Reasons delivers another one of those classic Lady Gaga ballads we all love. Whether you interpret her as longing for "one hundred million reasons" to not take her life, leave a lover, or even her career, its hard to not feel emotional after listening. It brought me back to late 2012 when I was coming up with hundreds of reasons to leave my now ex-boyfriend, but literally needing just one good reason to stay. I can see why this song has shot to the top of the charts everywhere. 5/5 

Sinner's Prayer reminds me of a Johnny Cash song. I can see Gaga riding into an old western town, walking into the saloon, grabbing a whiskey, and belting out this tune to the almighty. But like John Wayne, something feels off. 3.5/5 

Come to Mama made me cringe when I first saw the name of the song. Tacky was the word I used and I was sure it'd be my least favorite, but boy did Gaga force me to eat my words here. Reaching back to the late 70s and 80s (I feel like I'm living in the days of The Sandlot), "Come to Mama" is Gaga's direct beckoning to us. Whether or not that is your interpretation, I can envision her sitting on a living room sofa allowing us to bawl our eyes out, then reassuring us that everything will be fine.  5/5

Hey Girl featuring the godly Florence Welch, my other favorite, is a highlight of the album for me. Never could I have imagine Gaga and Florence collaborating nor could I imagine it would be this amazing. Two best friends in a filed of daisy's in the 60s is the vibe I get from this. I hope we get to hear this song live. 5/5

Angel Down. Wow, if there is one song that could be used to capture the hellish horrors 2016 has so mercilessly given to us, Lady Gaga has DELIVERED. The chorus "Angel down angel down, why do people just stand around?" really hits me hard. Its almost like a double entendre to me. On one hand she's watching in horror as all these innocent lives are lost while at the same time desperately and angrily questioning why no one does a damn thing to combat the problem. 5/5

Grigio Girls brings me back to my college years when all my friends and I would gather up, have dinner, drink, and just enjoy life. A lovely tribute to Sonia. 4.5/5

Just Another Day is gem on Joanne. Is it the best? Hardly. But I think it’s a great way to wrap up the album. In spite, of all the ups and downs of life, Gaga reminds us that its “just another day!” and so we should just live it to the fullest and enjoy what we’re given. 4.5/5

While Joanne is the album I wanted, I never knew until now that it was THE album I needed. Mark my words, I think this work will go down as one of her best in the decades to come. 

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

Dramatica

I'm so glad most people like Sinner's Prayer. It's such an anthem

HEAR MY SINNER'S PRAYER, IT'S THE ONLY ONE I KNOW

6izGfyN.gif

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

MelbHawker

I love Joanne for what it is - an honest insight to Gaga's personal life and the events that have shaped her into the person and artist she is today. The album still employs the use of metaphor in it's lyrics - she has that ability to take a desire or an experience that we can all say we've been through and totally glamourise it into something larger than life (i.e. as she so flawlessly does with our desire/craving for sexy, scruffy, wild boys on 'John Wayne'). She also has the ability to take universal human feelings (e.g. pain) and transform them into songs that literally assist us in moving past whatever it is that we're hurting from (see 'Million Reasons' as a perfect example of this). 

Diamond Heart is a killer opening track. It sets the tone for the entire album that follows. The lyrics are quite literal in describing what her life was as she was just starting out as a musician. It's probably the one song on this album that I will never skip - the verses lead to a pre-chorus/chorus that absolutely blows me away every time I listen. The vocals on the bridge exude passion and  self worth. My favourite song on Joanne. 

I don't have time to review each and every song on the album. I'm about to fall asleep as I type. All in all, Joanne is an instant classic. Anyone who disagrees with me needs to get their hearing checked or some taste in music. Diamond Heart, Dancing In Circles, Angel Down, Joanne and A-YO are the album's highlights. Florence Welch and Gaga's duet is absolutely breathtaking.. it's such a soothing, ethereal song. John Wayne is a country-banger; first of it's kind! Million Reasons and Grigio Girls are just impossible to dislike - they warm and break my heart simultaneously. Just Another Day is a cheeky little ode to her love for Jazz. Come To Mama is the album's cheesiest song, but her vocals towards the end of the song are amazing; the song has become a joy to listen to. Sinner's Prayer makes me want to book a train ticket to somewhere in amongst lush green mountains and dark blue lakes. It's such a mellow song. Perfect Illusion is such a Roxette throwback for me personally. It's such an overwhelming song; much like a love that turns out to be false can be. That key change is Pop perfection. 

I love this album! 

Elizabeth

Ok so my mini review kind of thing of Joanne, it's super basic and I really want to get into unpacking a few of these songs in more detail when I have time, but for now, these are my thoughts. 

Diamond Heart: Love it. I think it's the perfect song to set the album off. I like it lyrically and I think it sounds great, just a really cool song. 

Ayo: Tbh one of my least faves, there's nothing wrong with it I just don't 'get' the hype everyone has for it.

Joanne: My least fave. It just doesn't do it for me, which is annoying because it's the title track and obviously a super meaningful song for Gaga, but it's just not 'there' for me. I want to like it, but I just don't :(

John Wayne: I love it, I think it's super funky, kinda country vibes but not too much!

Dancin' in Cirlces: I don't love it right now, but I think it'll be a grower for me, I just need to listen more. It's been stuck in my head already, which must mean something, right?

Perfect Illusion: More like perfect pop song. I love this song so much omfg like I feel it should've been more popular than it was globally tbh. One of my faves, a stans out track.

Million Reasons: One of my fave Gaga ballads ever. I love it so so much. I really like the lyrics, and I just think it's a really 'soulful' song. 

Sinners Prayer: I like it, but it's a bit too country for me. I do like the lyrical story it tells though, it's very personal, and its gives me a really specific image in my mind of Gaga performing it. 

Come to Mama: MY FAVE SONG ON THE ALBUM TBH IM STILL OBSESSED, LIKE IT JUST SOUNDS SO FINISHED AND PERFECT LIKE IDK I JUST LOVE IT AND I LOVE THE VIBE even though I think it sounds a little out of place on the album but I don't care because I love it. It was the first song to give me goosebumps when I listened to the album (not counting Million Reasons because I'd already heard that prior to listening to the album).

Hey Girl: I love this song, it's so pure and I can't wait for Gaga and Florence to perform it together, I do think it lacks a little bite though, but it's a nice song!

Angel Down: I like this song a lot, and I applaud Gaga for tackling this subject matter but I think she should've made it 10x more overt, had it not been for her saying it's about #BlackLivesMatter I wouldn't have known.

Grigio Girls: MY SECOND FAVE! I love so much how it's about Sonja but it's not a sad song about cancer it's about forgetting all the bad things and just having fun with your girls. I love that so much, it just has really nice, positive vibes.

Just Another Day: It's a bonus track for a reason lmao but I do like it for what it is, which is 'Gaga attempts a Beatle song'.

Ranking (fave to least fave)

1.  Come to Mama

2. Grigio Girls

3. Perfect Illusion

4. Diamond Heart

5. Million Reasons

6. Hey Girl

7. John Wayne

8. Dancing in Circles

9. Ayo

10. Just Another Day

11. Sinners Prayer

12. Angel Down

13. Joanne

duke99unc01

Don't come looking for the pop hits cuz, for the most part, you won't find em. Instead you should come cuz you're a fan, her voice sounds as incredible as I've ever heard it, and because there are some really sonically amazing tracks. I've listened to the album >30 times so far and it continues to impress me. I can easily listen all the way through the album on repeat without a desire to skip any tracks. It's a markedly different style for Gaga, but one that I'm really loving. In particular I really groove to the the upbeat tracks Grigio Girls, Diamond Heart, A-Yo and Come To Mama. The slower Joanne and Million Reasons are also fantastic. I don't mind Angel Down but the work tape version on the Deluxe Edition feels like a total waste, and I'd rather have had another track altogether. It's a fantastic album and I give it a 9/10.

I love the album!

It's under-produced if anything which makes a change from ARTPOP.

Favourite songs for me are "Come to Mama" "A-yo" and "Just another day" - but there isn't really a weak track on the album.

9/10

My personal ranking of her albums are:

1. ARTPOP

2. The Fame Monster

3. Joanne

4. Born This Way

5. The Fame 

6. Cheek To Cheek 

And my ranking of the tracks of Joanne are: 

1. Dancin' In Circles 

2. Grigio Girls

3. John Wayne

4. Diamond Heart 

5. Angel Down 

6. Perfect Illusion

7. Joanne 

8. Million Reasons

9. A-YO

10. Hey Girl

11. Come To Mama

12. Sinners Prayer 

13. Just Another Day

Bloody
On 25/10/2016 at 0:13 AM, StrawberryBlond said:

Here it is, @Creyk!

Finally got around to reviewing this album. As some of you know, I'm a self-confessed amateur critic, so I'm used to doing this for the joy of music and Gaga's album is one of many I've heard this year. It's a while since I've done a track by track review, so I'm looking forward to this. Bear in mind that I'm pretty casual when reviewing, so expect a down-to-earth approach.

Here's my scoring system:

Hide contents

I use the 5 star system - 10 star systems confuse me as I'm unsure if even I know what 3/10 and 7/10 signifies, so removing those two options, I've lowered it down to a 5 star system with half-stars, working out to 8 possible scores and they mean the following:

1 star = Awful. One of the worst things I've ever heard.

1.5 stars = Slightly above awful, but not so good as mediocre.

2 stars = Mediocre. Nothing special, but nothing outright terrible.

2.5 stars = Just under acceptable. Usually something half-decent let down by certain weaknesses.

3 stars = Acceptable. Not amazing, but passable.

3.5 stars = Above average. Good song that commands more than a couple of listens.

4 stars = Very good. Solid, safe, great.

5 stars = Excellent. I shy away from saying 'perfect' because that doesn't really exist.

Yes, you might be wondering where the 4.5 stars is but honestly, I never felt the urge to use that one and I usually jump from a 4 to a 5 with very little in between. And like I said, the 10 star system has 2 scores too many for me to properly process what they mean, so I shortened it down to 8. It just works for me. And note that there can be "strong" or "weak" versions of these scores, ones that there just teetering on the brink between the scores. I also don't count bonus tracks towards the score - if it's not the standard version the majority of people buy and experience, then it can't be considered. The same system applies to entire albums. Anything that's a 3.5 star or more is considered a good review from me, especially today. I rarely make higher scores because albums as a whole take a lot to impress me and too many are nothing but filler-fests with good singles.

Without further ado, onto the review:

1. Diamond Heart - 5 stars

Lovely, commanding song that starts off the album perfectly. Finally, we get a story of Gaga's life put into song and the result is something that's beautiful and sad all at the same time. I love the way she throws herself into this vocally and that final bridge where she takes it up a gear is the high point for me. Simply one of Gaga's most personal songs that define her career.

2. A-Yo - 5 stars

One of the catchiest beats Gaga's ever made and one of her raunchiest, yet in a very different way from what she's done before. This is a sex song you might just be able to listen to with your parents. I love when the guitar kicks in towards the end, making you envision a great dance routine. There is a bit of a lack of lyrics but I think the focus is more on the production and feel of the song anyway and it's one of the cases where keeping it simple just works and the chorus carries it through.

3. Joanne - 4 stars

I took a while to appreciate this one. I expected it to bring out so much emotion but it surprisingly left me a bit cold. But after a few listens and relating it to real life experiences, I found the beauty in it. Simple lyrics but beautiful all the same. The chorus is ultimately what lets it down somewhat. I would have much preferred her to refrain from singing "go-iiiiing" and hear her say 'Joanne' instead of 'girl' at the end.

4. John Wayne - 5 stars

Now, this is what I wanted when I heard that Gaga was going country. As someone who struggles to get into country, this is precisely the type of sound I want to hear. Gaga is sass incarnate as she barks out perfectly crafted country anecdotes paired with such sexy sounding production. Again, a simplistic chorus but the verses make up for it so much that it feels good to just let them breathe a bit with something a bit stripped back.

5. Dancin' In Circles - 4 stars

The most hippy-tastic song Gaga has ever made, it makes me think of Free Love. The innuendo is brilliantly done and is cheeky without being too overt. The "baby don't cry" parts manage to make the song ever so sombre for a moment and then we're back to being happy, which is precisely the feelings she's trying to explain. And that sudden vocal outburst towards the end is also stunning. Just needed something a bit more, though, maybe a bit more varied production.

6. Perfect Illusion - 4 stars

Another solid single for her, although not her best, but then, I usually struggle with Gaga lead singles, with the exclusion of Bad Romance. This is a great tune for dancing or driving and letting off steam. The vocals are a bit grating at the "it wasn't looove" parts but then, it's meant to be an angry song, right? And that "illusion, illusion, ILLUSION!" bit towards the end more than makes up for it. Definitely could have done with another verse and the verses in general could have been longer but at least it doesn't outstay its welcome and therefore, short verses are more acceptable.

7. Million Reasons - 5 stars

I'm normally not one for an overabundance of repetition, but this is one of the few exceptions. It's just so emotional as you can feel Gaga's personal story with Taylor through it. Emotion and vocals can be a song's saviour and this song embodies that. Thing is, a song like this is usually written by someone in a perfectly happy relationship...but they make a song like this because they know what sells. But when you know that the writer had written this when they were genuinely on the cusp of breaking up with someone, it hits home because you know the sound of true grief when you hear it. For that reason, I think it's wonderful. 

8. Sinner's Prayer - 4 stars

Now, this is definitely one of Gaga's most mature songs with the most indepth lyrics. I'm still struggling to work out exactly what she means by the first verse, especially the latter half. But this is a true country sound that cannot be denied. You can see Gaga's attempts to hark back to a 60's way of writing with lyrics like "a knock off from Foulton Street" (as if we're all supposed to know where that is!) and that provides so much charm as you really feel like she's truly writing a song the way she wants, even if the verses are a bit too personal to relate to. But the chorus more than makes up for that. It's one that we can all relate to and it really stirs with me personally.

9. Come To Mama - 5 stars

I feel like Gaga made this song for me! I've been saying the same thing for years. What a giddy feeling of happiness this song gives you. It reminds me a great deal of the equally great song, Mad Mad Men by Katie Melua, both in lyrics and production. The song is certainly a very mature sound for Gaga that's dare I say it, a bit too old for her. You don't normally hear someone as young as her singing such a song, that usually comes after years of wisdom but if you've got it in you now, why not? Only slight downside is the very old-fashioned production but when the entire piece makes you feel so happy and makes you feel like getting up to do a dorky dance at a wedding (and I'm certainly not in that camp normally), then who cares?

10. Hey Girl - 2.5 stars

Sorry, Gaga, not feeling this one. A Florence collab is the dream a lot of fans of both artists were chomping at the bit for since forever but this was likely not what they were expecting. I was expecting a far more ballsy Florence, in the vein of What Kind Of Man, not this drab production that goes nowhere and isn't really about anything. When I think of women proudly supporting each other, I think of Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves - loud and brash, not bland and dreary. Florence's feature is woven in in such a unique way that most features aren't and the final bridge is the best bit, but it doesn't make up for wasted potential on the rest of the song. And it's the joint longest song on the album, really outstaying its welcome.

11. Angel Down - 5 stars

Oh. My. God. This is perfect. Joanne was the song that brought her dad and Mark to tears, this one nearly ended me. This is one of the most moving songs Gaga has ever written. This reminds me of the likes of Bob Dylan tracks and the times when artists were trying to be political. Some were overly preachy, some got too pretentious with their metaphors. Gaga just states it so honestly and openly, the way a true political piece should be conducted. The ending is sheer perfection and gave me chills, as I stood there, eyes glazed over and fingers gently dancing in front of my face with every little chime. A beautiful end to a beautiful album. If more artists today wrote about this, music would be in a better place.

12. Grigio Girls - 4 stars

Lovely song about female friendship that is so expertly put down like a classic rock song. Personal, yet somehow managing to connect with everyone and hearing the meaning behind it is really stirring. The chorus is really clever, about blues turning gold and keeping it cold because it's a fired up world. You don't get lyrics like that anymore. Only thing is? I don't think white wine is an all-encompassing drink to really connect. But you can replace it with your favourite instead! Would have preferred this track to have substituted Hey Girl on the standard.

13. Just Another Day - 2 stars

No, no, no. I so rarely dislike a Gaga song, so thank goodness this one was kept as a deluxe track that I didn't have to count anyway. The production is very similar to Mr Blue Sky by ELO. And I quite like that song. But that one has more to it that makes it special. This one just plods on with no direction. The lyrics are too elaborate (yeah, there is such a thing) and try hard. The production is what I call a comedy beat and this is a big crime if you weren't going for comedy. This seems like Gaga's attempt to do a Beatles song and I am not a Beatles fan. I think this kind of track suits a man better and this kind of topic is just too mundane for me and I don't know anyone would want to write this kind of music or find it good. Don't know what she was thinking.

Angel Down (Work Tape) - 5 stars

See previous Angel Down review. This one is good, although I prefer the finished cut a bit better. But this one has the beauty of being a bit rawer. I love the final "foolish and weaker" line - she sounds like a witch, but in the best possible way!

So, this is a great album. I'd say it was a good 4.5/5 stars. I'd rank it as slightly better than AP, although not by much. I'd consider it my favourite Gaga album behind TFM and BTW. Gaga's vocals are great, her production is great, her intention is authentic. This is the album that she's been waiting to get out for a long time and I'm so pleased she's finally got it. Regardless of reviews and commercial reception, I'm sure this will be remembered as her "artist's record" and will hold up better than similar attempts by her peers.

Spoiler'd response for @Kayla :

Hide contents

Just my opinion, but I think there is nothing wrong with being subjective in a review. I think that's what reviewing's all about - listening to music and judging it based on how it makes you feel. I'm not the first to say this either. To do otherwise means you won't know what your reviews mean years from now. You won't remember if you really liked it or if it was just the 'objective' version of you. All my views are proudly subjective because without putting personal feelings on it, a review is meaningless. This is why I think, ironically, a subjective view of music is objective. Most of us do think pretty objectively when it comes to music. We know what off-key sounds like. We can separate clarity from mumbling. We know good lyrics from bad lyrics. We can separate the immature from the mature. We can find production ear splitting or soothing. I don't think you need to be a professional to do this. I once had a very disgruntled person say to me (genuinely shocked, at that) that my reviews seemed so subjective, because wasn't a reviewer supposed to be objective?  I basically gave them this little spiel and added in that I speak for Joe Public, the regular citizen who buys music. Professionals view music differently from us normals. But we're the ones who buy the music, not them. So, I think we could do with more amateur critics telling it like it us for us down-to-earth folks who have too little money to waste on albums we don't like. I honestly think the Metacritic users are more switched on to reality than the professionals. They point out flaws that pass the professionals by! I like to think I am being objective in my reviews - I praise good, clear vocals, rich production, deep lyrics, overall authenticity. The opposite of this takes down my appreciation of an album massively. Sounds pretty objective to me. Just a little bit of food for thought when considering how to review things.

i loved reading this review :golfclap:

Irrelevant

Diamond Heart: Good opening track with strong chorus. Verses need improvement. 8/10

A-Yo: Overall good song, but the beginning part with grunts are really annoying. 9/10

Joanne: Good title track. Catchiest song in my opinion (idk why.) But its grower. 9/10

John Wayne: One of my favorite songs from the album. But I hate the beginning when she screams. 10/10

Dancin' In Circles: Catchy enough. But the lyrics are hard to listen to for me and the breakdown is just bad. 7/10

Perfect Illusion: Good Lead Single. But it stands out weirdly in the album and it gets really boring over time. 7/10

Million Reasons: Not sure why everyone likes it lol. Repetitive and boring ballad to me. 5/10

Sinners Prayer: The song I have been avoiding forever. But its catchy enough. And the background music keeps playing in my head. 5/10

Come To Mama: Lyrics are cheesy, hate the come to mama part though. 5/10

Hey Girl: Ehh collab to me. Grower song. 6/10

Angel Down: BEST BALLAD (speechless is better tho) FROM HER. DO I NEED TO EXPLAIN MORE 10/10

Grigio Girls: Good song to me, nothing else to say here. 8/10

Just Another Day: The only time when gaga talks in a song and I like it... 8/10

Angel Down (Work Tape): Literally...same song with boring production...2 points for the lyrics and thats all. 2/10

Average: 7/10

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Aga Gydal

My power ranking as of today:

1. Perfect Illusion

2. Diamond Heart

3. Just Another Day

4. A-YO

5. Come To Mama

6. Joanne

7. Dancin' In Circles

8. John Wayne

9. Million Reasons

10. Hey Girl

11. Angel Down

12. Sinner's Prayer

13. Grigio Girls

1. Diamond Heart- 6  Should not have led the album.  

2. A-Yo -9.5   Favorite track on the album

3. Joanne - 6 I find it mostly dull, but for some reason the chorus has been stuck in my head for 2 weeks

4. John Wayne- 7.  It's pretty forgettable 

5. Dancin In Circles - 7

6. Perfect Illusion - 8  Was a great song the first few weeks but got boring fast

7.  Million Reasons -9  My 2nd favorite Gaga ballad

8. Sinner's Prayer - 6  I like it but its kinda boring

9. Come To Mama - 8  Catchy and fun

10. Hey Girl - 7  

11. Angel Down- 9  It actually almost made me cry the first time I listened to it

12. Grigio Girls - 8  Catchy, fun

13. Just Another Day- 6 Another boring song

artpoprebellion

1. Diamond Heart: A really good song that reminds me of a rock-influenced musical. Definitely single potential. 8/10

2. A-YO: A very interesting, amazing song. I love the fusion of various genres and how much of a bop it is! 9/10

3. Joanne: I live for how raw this song's verses are, yet how powerful the chorus is. Gives me chills. Beautiful. 9/10

4. John Wayne: My favorite uptempo song on this album. The intro is quirky and the beat is amazing and groovy. 9/10

5. Dancin' in Circles: The spoken vocals are everything. The production is nice. So catchy and has the most classic Gaga feel to it. 8/10

6. Perfect Illusion: Possibly the most underrated song in Gaga's entire discography. One of her best singles in my opinion. The production is everything and the song is just amazing as a whole. 9/10

7. Million Reasons: An amazing ballad that deserves to smash. The harmonies are perfect. Very enjoyable and truly showcases her voice. 9/10

8. Sinner's Prayer: This song has become one of my favorites and this is coming from a non-country fan. Though the song has obvious country influence, it's more than that. It's a well written track with a killer baseline and overall relaxed vibe to it that I adore. 9/10

9. Come to Mama: The cutest song on the album. I love the 50s vibes this song delivers and the brass section towards the end is phenomenal. 9/10

10. Hey Girl: Another extremely underrated JAM. I love the trade off between her and the beloved Florence. Their voices sound so perfect together and this song is a girl power anthem. 9/10

11. Angel Down: The best song on the album. The production is incredible and definitely shows a resemblance to some of Lana's earlier work. The meaning gets to me and I'm so glad Gaga made a song discussing such an important topic. 10/10

12. Grigio Girls: A cute song. I like the meaning and the production with the "record player sound". 8/10

13. Just Another Day: I love the production of this one. It definitely gives a Beatles/Bowie vibe. The "ladies and gentlemen" parts are a bit cheesy but it's overall a very enjoyable song. 9/10

OVERALL: 88/100

This album is definitely her best LP and ties with the The Fame Monster as her best work thus far. There's no fillers and each song has a life of its own. My ratings will probably change as I listen more as I tend to have new favorites every week, but these are my thoughts at the moment.

• Shadow unpinned this topic

Archived