Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is the name "Lady Gaga" still appropriate?

Stef

Featured Posts

We've seen how insanely minimalistic, raw and stripped back this "era" has been so far. It kind of feels like its an era that belongs to another artist.

Maybe I'm just over thinking things but it almost seems weird to see the name "Lady Gaga" attached to this era considering its described as insanely personal, and about her dead aunt. 

Remember this?

tweeted in 2015, around the time she news working with Redone and Mark Ronson wasn't even in the picture. She evidently had a whole different era planned befote meeting Mark in 2016. Gosh I really wish I was a fly on the wall during those sessions with Red :madge: 

I feel like what we're getting right now is an album from Stefani, not Lady Gaga.

The features and elements of "Gaga" we grew up to love are gone this era. No performance art, no theatrics, no avant garde fashion, no major iconic moments as of yet, basically nothing that screams "Gaga" 

I honestly believe she should revoke her stage name and become Stefani again. Especially if this is an image revamp that is more permanent as opposed to just this era alone.

Who knows tho? This is just my opinion and y'all are free to either agree or disagree in a rational manner.

Perhaps "Gaga" will return in 2020 just in time for LG6? :green: 

Let's see where this thread goes :oprah: 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stef said:

I honestly believe she should revoke her stage name and become Stefani again. Especially if this is an image revamp that is more permanent as opposed to just this era alone.

Totally agreed. :golfclap:

HOTNebraskaGuy

Lady Gaga doesn't mean theatrics necessarily. It means who Stefani is at her best. If she's comfortable and passionate, then she'll always be Lady Gaga. 

One, five, ten lay a million on me

Chris Evans

the PI MV was very "Gaga" to me and the album cover's simplicity was something I've always wanted her to do so this just feels like a fresh era not really a different artist

Idk I see what you mean but I'm constantly confused that fans think they get to define who Gaga "really" is.

She's a multi-faceted artist... I find it so bizarre that everyone is struggling to cope with this "change".

djBuffoon
5 minutes ago, Interstellar said:

She will always be Lady Gaga. 

There's really nothing more to add than this.

Reality

I mean, couldn't you say the same thing about AHS, and C2C, and essentially everything that she's done that's not related to the huge theatrics and catchy pop music and whatever makes "Gaga, Gaga". 

I do agree that we're seeing more "Stefani", but it's not like Gaga and Stefani are two completely different entities. They're still very much the same person.

🃏🖤👹

xoxo Craig

In this album, she is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta. This album is really personal to her, therefore, we are seeing Stefani. GaGa is alter ego, an name that's made up.

I personally think she should re brand herself as Stefani (or Stefani Germanotta) since she has grown up and matured so much. I feel we need to know the real Stefani (through her music), rather than Lady Gaga, who is not real. I feel its time to show us Stefani, which 'Joanne' should do :)

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
Just now, Craig Barnes said:

In this album, she is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta. This album is really personal to her, therefore, we are seeing Stefani. GaGa is alter ego, an name that's made up.

I personally think she should re brand herself as Stefani (or Stefani Germanotta) since she has grown up and matured so much. I feel we need to know the real Stefani (through her music), rather than Lady Gaga, who is not real. I feel its time to show us Stefani, which 'Joanne' should do :)

Gaga is like 1 half of Stefani, and we know what that's like haha! Its time to see the other half

End Racism Now

1 minute ago, HOTNGaga said:

Lady Gaga doesn't mean theatrics necessarily. It means who Stefani is at her best. If she's comfortable and passionate, then she'll always be Lady Gaga. I don't know where you're getting all your ideas from. 

Gaga is not Stefani at her best, Gaga is something that Stefani created to reveal herself and pain while still being accepted..

Archived