💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Bedtime Stories

London GUY

Featured Posts

London GUY

I'm gonna help out all the pressed Madonna stans (I'm keeping ma baby :sharon:) who seems obsessed with comparing Gaga with Madge, but do it in a way that supports both artists, and shows how Gaga still has a bright future.

First of all, let's just parallel Madonna/True Blue/Like A Virgin with The Fame (Monster), this is the vaguest part of my analysis, it's just when both artists were beginning the world dominations, and shovelling out hit after hit, getting bigger with each one.

Next up is Like A Prayer and Born this Way, when both of these albums came out, the respective artists both owned the world, they were everywhere and admired by millions m, and then they both went political, with Born This Way/Express Yourself and religious, in Like a Prayer/Judas, both of these albums are considered among their best by fans, and made them enemies of religous organisations, while later singles were unfortunately not as successful... 

Next up, is Erotica and ARTPOP, both were much more experimental albums, very controversial and polarising among the fanbases, explored much more sexual themes, and at this point, the GP began to turn there backs on the artists.

Madonnas next album, Bedtime Stories, was much less controversial and suitable, and achieved moderate success and acclaim, but not as successful as her previous efforts, which honestly k think is the route JOANNE will take. 

Madges next album was Ray of Light...

REPLAY

Antonio

Badtime stories is probably my 2nd favorite album from Madge, I love the dreamy vocals, the production... I'd love Gaga to put out something like this!

đ„đšđŻđž 𝐩𝐞 đ„đšđŻđž 𝐩𝐞 đ„đšđŻđž 𝐩𝐞 đ„đšđŻđž 𝐩𝐞

JustAnotherDay

I think you could make the argument that Cheep To Cheek = Bedtime Stories bc they both helped the respective artist get back on the good side of the public

was NickARTPOP

MaryJaneHolland

after bedtime stories she had evita... gaga will have a star is born...

Joanne = Bedtime Stories :udidnt: confirmed :udidnt:

With what Madge did with R&B on Bedtime Stories, I can see Gaga doing with pop/folk-rock on Joanne. 

And if that means that her next album will be of ROL-proportions, I am HERE for that henny. Gaga doing experimental Electronica is my FEVER DREAMMM :icega:

❀ x ❀

VOLANTIS

I hope Joanne has a Bedtime Story kind of track.

I want to leave my logic and reason in the arms of unconsciousness. 

Give me a trippy hypnotic video sis. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

venusxillusion

Very interesting!! I just looked on wikipedia and the songs from Bedtime Stories "Secret" and "Take a Bow" were top 3, "Take a Bow" was even #1 for many weeks! I can definitely see the second single from JOANNE being a huge comeback hit after people become familiar with her new sound! :) thanks for sharing!!

What??? Joanne is Gaga's LIKE A PRAYER! It's supposed to be her more personal album yet.

Comparind ARTPOP to Erotica is, well, insulting. 

Americano25

So do you guys consider "I'm Breathless" a soundtrack or studio album?

All the songs are sung by Madonna so I personally consider this to be the same as a studio album.

AlexanderMagno

No, NO, enough of this "the next one will be more successful, the next one will be better" talk!

Deal with Joanne. Just deal with it. Enjoy, and don't think Gaga's career is comparable to Madonna's. Gaga has her own career, and if we're hoping that "the next one will be more successful", well you'll be saying that for the next 20 years. Just sit and listen to the music.

Interesting analysis! The comparison between Perfect Illusion and Papa Don't Preach was ridiculous so I'm glad to see someone who compares Gaga with Madonna cleverly. I think they're really comparable because they're really similar, I wish they would work together someday. They were made for that. :giveup:

Bedtime Stories was this kind of natural break in her discography after her first acclaimed/scandalous/whatever albums. I guess Joanne is absolutely not the end of something in Gaga's career and art, it will be an album among her other albums. I don't know how to say properly what I'm think about in English, sorry :sweat:

It's funny because Joanne's cover art has the same color tones as Bedtime Stories! This is wisdom :D

Madonna-Bedtime-Stories_opt.jpgf300x0-288843_288861_79.jpg

Archived