Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why do fans feel the need to cheat to get to number one?

xeynuraf

Featured Posts

Harry

It's mostly just fun and showing support for Gaga... It won't actually make a difference if say a hundred monsters have the song streaming on loop for a bit. We can see that with how the ARTPOP era went. I guarantee there isn't a song/album out there that was successful just by fans alone doing this. And they know that.

"Cheating" is such a weird word to use when there are so many shady and actually illegal tactics used by artists/labels to get higher chart positions. This kinda thing is just fan stuff that virtually all major stan-bases participate in. It's not serious and you don't have to be involved.

All the stuff you say in the OP... People not believing in her talents etc. Maybe it's the opposite? Maybe they love her so much that they're willing to put in that much time, effort and money into supporting her and doing their best to spread her music.

The way I see it this is a positive activity. We should complain about the monsters who are constantly attacking various publications for no reason such as V today. Showing love for your fav is not a bad thing.

Honestly. Who is it hurting? If it's not for you then ignore it and move on with your life.

That's why I don't like when artists discounts or use cheap tactics to get #1's. It doesn't feel authentic.

But these fans won't make a dent. Remember the Marry The Night download day? Yeah. Didn't do anything.

Arturo
On August 24, 2016 at 3:54 PM, Kayla said:

Honestly the number of people who cheat ends up being so small I doubt it actually makes a difference in the grand scheme of things. :shrug: 

+ BB is the biggest charts company in the world. They know cheating when they see it. Anomalies like a huge chunk of sales coming from the same credit card or a huge chunk of streams coming from the same account or IP will not be counted. There are articles on this. 

• 2 weeks later...
androiduser

it literally makes zero difference.... songs become hits because the general public is genuinely interested in them, not because someone bought two copies or pretended to be a fat mom to order the song twitter

Stans don't run ****

Archived