other

UMG reportedly bans streaming exclusives

Bolkins

Featured Posts

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brie Candy

This is good news to be honest. When Gaga drops LG5 every streaming service will have it, so it will basically increase her new music´s impact

DavidLirk

I'm sure that Interescope will **** it all again and will put the album on sale in Japan or Mexico 5 days before the official release on the US:toofunny: (and the leaks will impact on the sales)

Spoiler

Well, at least Glory won't be the most illegally downloaded album of the year then:madge:

Spoiler

Now seriously, If Interescope ****s again the release of an album I will burn every single piece of their offices.:reductive:

danwasd

A bit off-topic, but if in Bobby's promo there was sth this-related, I'm done :rip:

I WON'T SURVIVE ANOTHER MESSY PROMOTION :madge: OH, NO :madge:

I'M LEAVING EARTH :madge:

Slayer

Thank goodness. It's time this fad dies out. It's ridiculous. 

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Economy
1 hour ago, LG said:

Good. People can't afford to keep buying subscriptions to all these different services, its artists and streaming services raking in money and neglecting people who can't afford to constantly hop between streaming services.

It's shameful that this practice has become so popular.

Uhhhhhhh what the heck u talking about? We cant afford it?

its way cheaper to pay a flat fee and stream what u want then to jave to buy each single on itunes

sillynate
1 hour ago, FATCAT said:

Exclusives have never been about anything but money. Tidal was about artists getting payed more, Apple exclusives were about drawing in more users and crushing competition, hence more money.

This is good for music EVERYWHERE. Can't wait to listen to Lemonade on Spotify :hor:

The first thing I did was Googled who Beyoncé is signed with, and she's with Sony :giveup: I think Lemonade is still gonna be a flopdal exclusive :sharon: :grr:

Sorry if UMG owns Sony and I'm being a flop fan :toofunny:

Music industry newsletter claims Universal Music Group will be first major label to ban practice of artists offering exclusives to services such as Tidal and Apple.

Just two days after Frank Ocean’s Blonde, one of the biggest releases of the year, was released on Apple’s iTunes, Lucian Grainge, CEO of Universal Music Group and widely regarded as the most powerful executive in the music industry, has reportedly ordered the company’s labels to stop the practice of making “exclusive” distribution deals with streaming services. Read More

since Gaga is signed to UMG, she can't give to Apple LG5 exclusives  :ohno:

Young, wild, Georgian. I'm not flawless, but I gotta diamond heart. 💙 ♒️

DiamondAngel

Good. These are unfair to fans. I'm not paying 120 dollars a year to own LG5. I'd download it illegally if she pulled that crap. I don't respect artists who do such things for money. Let the fans have the music!

Archived