Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Rihanna's Sziget Festival show receives huge backlash in Hungary

PatrickMonster

Featured Posts

PatrickMonster

Rihanna performed yesterday at Hungary's biggest festival called Sziget and the reactions after the show... well lets say they're not positive at all. The whole festival was pretty much advertised by her name, it was reported that she was payed 1 million dollars to perform and show was sold out pretty fast. So Hungary was in a huge Rihanna hype her song with Calvin Harris went number one and everybody was ready for the time of their life.

But the show was a huge letdown. First she DECIDED TO start the show 30 minutes later even though she knew damn well that she could only play till 11 pm, so the show was barely 60 minutes long. According to the contract she had to play at least for 60 minutes to get amount of money she demanded. Thanks to that all songs were approximately 1,5 minutes long and sounded like a quick mixtape of her hits. She wore only one dress the entire time, people say she looked like a sexy sandpeople from Star Wars. 

Sziget-2016.jpg

According to sources at least 80% of the performance was lipsynced, most of the time she didn't even bother to hold the mic near her mouth. The lights were terrible and the backdrop was pretty much nonexistent and even the choreo was criticized by news outlets. She also managed to offend Hungarian people when she performed Liye Your Life, a song that sampled Romanian band O-Zone's song. Hungarian people hate it when their capital Budapest is mistaken with the Romanian capital Bucharest so most people thought she didn't even know which county she was in at the moment.

Watch parts of her messy performance here:

According to sources only QUARTER of the crowd stayed at the concert till the end, and most people left to find a better show at the festival. Her performance now considered the worst show ever in its 13 years of history especially when considered that it might have been the most expensive performer ever to invite.

One of the biggest news outlets in Hungary called Index.hu gave her a 2/10.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thomas P

Our video vanguard...

I still love her though

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

BoomKack

I'm seeing her at V Festival next Saturday and this really has me shook

*frantically searches the lineup for a better act*

nikola

well this is no news for Rihanna show......she is like this most of the time.....nothing new here

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

KURUSHITOVSKA

hhahaahahaahaahahaahaahaaaahahaha *waits for the Navy to defend her*

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

Judas Oyster

Feels like when it's her own idea to play somewhere she performs well, but when not she'll just don't care :/ Shame tbh bc she's pretty good

Weasel

At least they can see their fave perform her recently released songs. Not every fanbase gets that privilege :nails:

Archived