Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

gurls get with it - gaga was bound to decline after releasing btw

President Trump

Featured Posts

President Trump

Did you know Gaga was bound to decline after releasing BTW, no matter what? When you first heard the song title/album title/lyrics/read full lyrics released before song came out, did you know instantly that this was her peak and it was going downhill from there? Gaga released Born This Way at a time where gay people were still not liked or well-received, it was still new. At this point, years later, it's been saturated in the media and done to death so much that it's much more commonplace even than from 5 years ago. There has been a serious shift.

So, did you know Gaga was going to suffer a fallout from releasing BTW? of course you did. it was inevitable. she knew that too but that's okay.

I sense some people will come here and say "is this 2011 again?" but she's not releasing music so ffs let's just discuss something important

Ma ma pa pa pa

PunkTheFunk

I was technically a member of the GP during BTW and I never would have guessed it was going to go downhill from there.

tumblr_n3awn57DPT1svi3flo1_400.gif

The Surrealist

But she achieved a cultural impact which is worth a thousand careers. And she still is very popular. Of course she won't be that huge like back then but she is much more about what and how she does it now. Gaga isn't that shocking anymore because the opened the way for all of the popgirls to be shocking and then they were all the same - and now Gaga is trying to make a new cultural shift.

ryanripley

i'll take the legendary status and pop icon title over number 1 hits tbh, it feels good going to bed knowing my fave will never ever be forgotten in music history omfgaga.gif

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

HaveAnOysterBBy

At this point in time it's just plain out weird that she hasn't put out any new pop music :sick: I'm honestly about to just not care. 

But after born this way I expected her to come back harder and she just hasn't :shrug:

KURUSHITOVSKA

I actually thought this when Poker Face became a #1 hit worldwide.

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

ViviLittleM

nop

she grossed 183M with The Born This Way Ball

if the shows weren't cancelled 200M+ on lock

I wasn't expecting such a drop

Katsuki Bakugo
43 minutes ago, HaveAnOysterBBy said:

At this point in time it's just plain out weird that she hasn't put out any new pop music :sick: I'm honestly about to just not care. 

But after born this way I expected her to come back harder and she just hasn't :shrug:

Or are your expectations too high?

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

alaska5000

I knew she wasn't going to be "cool" anymore, but I was definitely thinking ARTPOP was going to serve the radio bops again. I was wrong, obviously. She released mostly messy music & it seemed like she tried (and failed) to make fun music that everyone would love but kinda lost her touch. She could have easily come back from the polarizing BTW era but alas.

That's why, no matter how much I want her to come back ASAP, I think her doing all of the side projects over the past 3 years was definitely one of the best career moves she's made since 2011. The jazz album, acting gig, and multiple acclaimed performances at major pop culture events has really helped clear her name and stabilize her spot in the industry. With the right moves, she could definitely come back hard. It is also very easy for her to fail, since she her music career hasn't been largely relevant for 3 years, but I suppose we'll see how she plays her cards.

BuzzcutSeason

obviously she was bound to decline but it wouldn't have been as rough if she delivered better music. The sales decrease happened because of competition and everyone loosing interest in her gestures to try and be over the top and different. Gaga stands out because she is different but during ARTPOP she tried TOO HARD to make statements and thats why she fell harder.

Saeed
4 hours ago, BuzzcutSeason said:

obviously she was bound to decline but it wouldn't have been as rough if she delivered better music. The sales decrease happened because of competition and everyone loosing interest in her gestures to try and be over the top and different. Gaga stands out because she is different but during ARTPOP she tried TOO HARD to make statements and thats why she fell harder.

She was declining during DWUW because she was emphasizing how much she is flopping, etc. (remember when she went crazy on twitter promoting dwuw) when she was actually doing completely fine. :emma: Not stellar, but still fine.

So the media went on it and ruthlessly lashed Gaga for it.

Neight Shayde

i personally did not expect her to decline, even though it was inevitable. it's really hard to top yourself after born this way and the fame monster, especially if you're taking a huge risk by being reckless or by trying something totally different. Why didn't she just continue on producing with RedOne? Garibay? Why choose Zedd? Madeon? DJWS? I think she tried REAL hard with ARTPOP but it failed by Gaga's standards.

To be honest, I don't think she needs that #1 anymore. She just needs to release good, quality bops of any genre and the rest will follow. She also has the ability to stay in the scene longer than the rest of her peers with what she did (jazz album, acting career) so that's something to really look forward to in the future.

gagafan2017

Not really...Taylor Swift has got bigger with every era and Madonna peaked commercially with her 3rd era and culturally 7 years in. Plenty of artists sustain commercial careers at top level...gaga just didn't have the tenacity, vision or mental/physical strength. It is is what it is.  

The problem with gaga is she is a good singer and performer but completely lacking in any self awareness. She's not astute unless shes being micro managed. Great artists are in touch with whats going on in the world...ARTPOP was such an irrelevant album for 2013...while the guy video sealed the deal. Clueless in every respect. 

gagafan2017
6 hours ago, Khadija said:

She was declining during DWUW because she was emphasizing how much she is flopping, etc. (remember when she went crazy on twitter promoting dwuw) when she was actually doing completely fine. :emma: Not stellar, but still fine.

So the media went on it and ruthlessly lashed Gaga for it.

...and she gave up and let them instead of fighting back, digging her heels in and making the project work. She should have doubled her promo, shot a tour poster, released the dwyw video and worked the controversy and most importantly got on a damn plane to france, germany and australia to promote the album. I maintain working hard can always save something whatever the media think. It would have done 3m plus and the tour 100m with just the things I mentioned...let alone if shed released gypsy as the 3rd single which would have 100% done better than guy with zero effort.  

The dip had nothing to do with the media and everything to do with her lack of focus. The media didn't tell her not to promote applause internationally and go awol just after the album came out.  

People forgot erotica by Madonna had 5 singles, a book and led into a tour and she had a huge relentless backlash bigger than gaga. You don't just give up on a project. 

5 minutes ago, Luke Putres said:

Not really...Taylor Swift has got bigger with every era and Madonna peaked commercially with her 3rd era and culturally 7 years in. Plenty of artists sustain commercial careers at top level...gaga just didn't have the tenacity, vision or mental/physical strength. It is is what it is.  

but taylor never reached the heights gaga did ... gaga declined bc she was overexposed. she was the first true superstar of the digital era and her career was the first to be "overexposed". the kind of multimedia coverage gaga got back in 2010 has never existed before so the madonna comparisons fall flat in my opinion. the reason her peers havent declined the way gaga did was bc their managements took notes ...

Archived