💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why do people keep resenting Gaga?

lucastecala

Featured Posts

Bad Bromance
1 hour ago, MANiKIWI said:

I wonder how those people at NYU who bullied her feel now, since she is pretty much the most famous musician in the  world now

tumblr_m81dliLd5k1rxevt5o1_500.gif

Those people probably feel really stupid right about now.  The sad thing is that they make up the group, albeit a very small one, of a lot of the haters that always have to spew hatred towards Gaga on You Tube, Twitter or any article published on the internet because it makes them feel better about themselves to step all over someone who is more successful than they could ever dream of being.

On Topic:  Some people resent Gaga because she is incredibly talented and successful and she reminds them how they failed to realize all of their dreams.  You can't make things happen if you're not willing to work hard towards your end goals.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Mister Gaga
1 hour ago, lucastecala said:

I can't help but feel that what people really hate is seeing someone so sure of their vision about themselves, they resent those people because they remind them that they don't have that same strength

amen

JusticeforVenus
1 hour ago, pepsicoladew said:

Bigger the star,bigger the target . When gaga dies one day these people are going to remember and realize what an icon she was.:koons:

Gaga will never die... she will be alive as much ad The Countess...she predicted it...her predictions always become true

1 hour ago, v1br4ti0nz said:

Something I've learnt is that there is no us and them, and that it all comes down to perspective at the end of the day. Deriving self worth not from reactions in the external world, but being at peace with your internal one?

This actually defines Gaga.  She does not hate the haters and does not put herself above anyone else.  She understands that opinions about her come from people's points of view, not because people are good or evil.  If she is around for decades and people start to grasp her outlook on life, good will come as some people follow her example.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Reality

I think it's because people don't understand what it means to be an artist. Now a days, when you think of the word "artist" you think of the current one-hit-wonder, or perhaps a singer more known for what they do in their personal lives rather than what kind of music they produce. It's actually quite sad, to know that so many people have tarnished the meaning of what it means to be an "artist". 

Call me old-fashioned, or whatever, but to me, an artist is someone who has genuinely loves what they do, and they do not conform to what the rest of society has to say. They live for their art, and will do anything they can to protect it. Gaga's the definition of an "artist". She's not in it for the money, and she's spoken openly about how the music industry has become so saturated with money-hungry swines that it isn't even about the music anymore. Not only that, but she's managed to make her music and her performances about important messages, for example, rape and equality. 

An "artist", also, doesn't have to be a singer, as we've seen Gaga do. It can be an actor/actress, a painter, sculptor, drawer, etc. etc. It's sad to see that people get angry and upset only when their "art" doesn't correspond with a true artists'. 

🃏🖤👹

SISTERV
31 minutes ago, Ronk said:

This actually defines Gaga.  She does not hate the haters and does not put herself above anyone else.  She understands that opinions about her come from people's points of view, not because people are good or evil.  If she is around for decades and people start to grasp her outlook on life, good will come as some people follow her example.

I think people have. They just don't realize it. 

Look at every female pop star today. 

freebit

This whole thing kind of reminds me of ANTM, and how there'd always be this super confident girl that the other contestants didn't like. Like Jade, or that one girl that was like, "I have a certain walk, and it's going to make me famous" (I'm paraphrasing). I think when someone is so self-assured to the point where they're kind of OTT about it, it makes people want to make fun of them and tear down them down a peg or two. I also think being self-assured and ambitious can also make people feel low-key threatened, because then they start thinking "Well, what am I doing?"

It appears that way depending where you look for feedback. It is all about perspective. I'm sure in your life, you may encounter people with common traits or who like you for what makes you unique.

However, I bet you've met people you couldn't relate with or they just don't seem to like for something they project on you.

The big difference between people like us and people like Gaga is the level of social awareness. She is globally renowned and famous. We may have a bunch of friends or a few, but those were mutually selected relations from the bigger pool of the population who you don't have to know or avoid.

Our advantage is we enjoy a higher degree of obscurity,  meaning we have much lower chances of meeting people who don't like what we do. For Gaga, the case is opposite,  she has millions of fans who love and follow her career. An even greater percentage of people are aware of Gaga and wherever they encounter her work.

Within the greater pool of awareness is a greater amount of people that don't like her and/or her work. We, as fans who follow her career, have a higher frequency of witnessing negative perceptions of her. Do you know how many people love or hate another celebrity or someone down the street? We're talking about an entertainer, but the scale of her awareness brings with it the politics of fame. Just like you may know of a certain artist you either don't care for, rather not see, or even feel they are overrated and don't deserve recognition. Do you resent those artists and know why? Sound familiar?  If not, you might know someone who does. Why does Gaga get so much resentment? Why is she loved and followed by millions? It is the nature of people, probability, and the entertainment industry. 

Silence those demons... . 🖤

12 hours ago, lucastecala said:

Why do you think (some) people keep resenting Gaga and make such a point in being haters, even though she keeps proving them wrong every single time?

I would guess from observation of bullying elsewhere that it is a clique of very mediocre people who work overtime to drag anyone who is even slightly trying to better themselves and humanity as far down as they can. These people want the bar to be lower then they are which is pretty far down and feel successful by racing together to the bottom. Sadly the general public is considerably influenced by these bottom feeders and the 1%ers are as yet not fully recognised.

"recognize

v.

early 15c., "resume possession of land,"

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/recognise

Archived