Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why Gaga is so far above her pop contemporaries

giskardsb

Featured Posts

giskardsb

... it's because she gives a ****.   I don't mean "above" in commercial terms.  I mean overall as a musician,actress, and entertainer.

Name another pop star, particularly among current ones, whose vocals have obviously improved through their career.   Gaga NEVER stops working on improving her craft, whether it's vocals, or learning to produce, or learning how to direct her own videos, or working on her acting skills.  She keeps pushing herself into new challenges, and not only that, makes sure that she works on the skills necessary to meet those challenges.  Most pop stars are barely adequate singers who skate by thanks to autotune and good looks, but they never work on improving themselves.  Why change what works, right?   Gaga doesn't do that.   She takes her **** seriously.  She keeps working with coaches.   She strives to change herself constantly.  She's always pushing to see what she is capable of.

This is why to me Gaga is above the pop world.   She plays in the pop world, but she's not "of" the pop world.    Modern pop is mostly a mess of barely talented, label produced, choreographed puppets, with a few bright lights.  Gaga is the brightest of lights, and an example of how to work your ass off to see what you are capable of.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barbados

It's because she has the talent to back it up and she doesn't rely on beef/drama/ basic pop songs / quick selling hits

+ All the legends love her and would love to collaborate with her, and she is self-made and not a product of a corporation 

youtube.com/watch?v=BR5ZKUKVSEI delete the <wbr> bit

TimisaMonster

When compared to her pop peers...she is obviously better in many areas than simply chart success.

Gaga can SAAANG...I will forever use the Oscar performance to prove such

Gaga writes all of her songs and is even kind enough to even credits her producers who perhaps contribute a melodic idea or even a few words!

She takes risks despite how it may be received by the GP and fans (BTW and ARTPOP) and WANTS to evolve as an artist unlike some who have a "formula" and stick to it for fear of backlash from fans and the GP, loss of relevancy, and charting sales!

Gaga overall stands out as a unique, talented, and real artist amongst a group who, as you said, are manufactured and are in it mostly for the fame and riches...

Gaga...you have my respect and I'm proud to stan for you :legend:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Warholian

Sophia Grace is better though.

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

PrinceGaga

... it's because she gives a ****.   I don't mean "above" in commercial terms.  I mean overall as a musician,actress, and entertainer.

Name another pop star, particularly among current ones, whose vocals have obviously improved through their career.   Gaga NEVER stops working on improving her craft, whether it's vocals, or learning to produce, or learning how to direct her own videos, or working on her acting skills.  She keeps pushing herself into new challenges, and not only that, makes sure that she works on the skills necessary to meet those challenges.  Most pop stars are barely adequate singers who skate by thanks to autotune and good looks, but they never work on improving themselves.  Why change what works, right?   Gaga doesn't do that.   She takes her **** seriously.  She keeps working with coaches.   She strives to change herself constantly.  She's always pushing to see what she is capable of.

This is why to me Gaga is above the pop world.   She plays in the pop world, but she's not "of" the pop world.    Modern pop is mostly a mess of barely talented, label produced, choreographed puppets, with a few bright lights.  Gaga is the brightest of lights, and an example of how to work your ass off to see what you are capable of.

Well done!! Perfect :applause: 

crisTEAne

i have a feeling that i'm gonna love this thread. PRAISE HA, we desperately need positivity here! :legend: 

OT: i couldn't agree more. :flutter: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Because she is so talented and the rest are nothing too special, honestly.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Agreed. She tries to push herself further. So many pop performers get to a level of success they enjoy and stop improving bc they find no point. Our mutha isn't like that. 

Warholian

i have a feeling that i'm gonna love this thread. PRAISE HA, we desperately need positivity here! :legend: 

OT: i couldn't agree more. :flutter: 

Please stop bringing other pop stars down. Gaga Daily is not a site for bullying. Sophia Grace is far better and you all know it. She's just a kid, you know? She's ****ing 5 or something. How do you think she feels when she reads this? How do you think she feels when she's surfing the Gaga Daily forums and sees all of you LITERALLY beating her to death with chains and broken glass. Shame on you. This thread should be shut down in case Rosie sees it too. 

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

crisTEAne

Please stop bringing other pop stars down. Gaga Daily is not a site for bullying. Sophia Grace is far better and you all know it. She's just a kid, you know? She's ****ing 5 or something. How do you think she feels when she reads this? How do you think she feels when she's surfing the Gaga Daily forums and sees all of you LITERALLY beating her to death with chains and broken glass. Shame on you. This thread should be shut down in case Rosie sees it too. 

sure, jan. :smh: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Riot Poof

I totally believe she's the best we have in the synthpop world. It's sad that many pop stans bring her down and raise up lessors. :smh:

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Warholian

sure, jan. :smh: 

So glad we could see eye to eye. Messaging all the mods to delete this thread now. In the mean time, please listen to Sophia Grace's brand new single "Best Friends". Just no lesbianism because homos-xuality is disgusting and 5 year olds are still holding onto the power of jesus before they start their breeding time with their secret same s-x BFF. #noboysallowed

Please watch it 10 times. Me and the other Sophia Gracers over at Sophia Daily are trying to get this to reach 1 billion views by Christmas.

Archived