💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

o<(0_0)>o What's the main reason for Gaga's fading popularity?

Quark

Featured Posts

Psychedelic

She over hypes things to death and people's expectations aren't met, is one of the reasons.

Gaga is not selling as she used to. Therefore people perceive decadence.

Media destroys the artists that lowered their sales because it's more lucrative. People buy it because it's entertaining.

It's actually predictable. Culture Sociology understands this phenomena since like the 60's.

reference: Gaga's 2009 VMA

she hasn't had a smash in a long time and pop music has been getting weaker and weaker lately 

all these!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes she did, but whether you think so or not is your own opinion.

well, you tried acting like your OPINION is a FACT, but its totally not.

Youre-Entitled-To-Your-Wrong-Opinion-Rea

Willy Wonka

She's somewhat transcended genres and she's attempting to claim part of multiple movements, genres, and niches that often reject one another. She's in limbo essentially. Her audience is unclear and I think that's where she's struggling. I think part of the problem is that she's not mature enough as an artist yet to have true transcendence and be part of all these groups. I think no one wants to claim her as their own and that's an issue.

bumblebee

1. Sex sells and that's something people who are involved in marketing should keep in their mind :ohwell:  Paradoxically, but in the times when you can watch any sort of **** online for free and most of the limits in the exposure of ****ography and s-x seem to have been crossed, s-x and s-xuality of the image remains one of the dominant reasons of commercial success of many products and artists. As Bebe has mentioned, you can clearly see how her move from The Fame to Born This Way was accompanied by a shift from traditional, conventional s-xuality of a thin blonde girl towards a more enigmatic image which most of the GP could not portray as something s-xual. 

2. Her media blackout of 2012. Although this may sound weird, but in the times when the informational and fame cycles seem to become shorter and shorter, and when, according to Warhol, "everyone will be famous for 15 minutes" Gaga committed a media suicide by withdrawing from any press contacts except for the launch of her perfume. Seriously, I doubt that even some of the biggest young solo acts would survive such a challenge :miley:  The Born This Way Ball tour was her biggest concert show yet, and she could establish herself in the media as a touring legend of the modern days with the right publicity. Instead, she was extremely silent and it all looked like she was turning a back on media. And when you are turning a back on media these days, the media could easily turn their back on you as well. In other words, she simply disappeared from the public eye for a year, which is a very serious test for your real popularity.

3. The marketing fiasco of ARTPOP.

No matter what the critics say, what the haters say and what many fans on GAGADAILY say, ARTPOP is a solid comeback record. With the proper promotion (not Gaga sitting on the couch and calling radio DJs) this could easily bring her back in the public eyes. APPLAUSE, DO WHAT U WANT and GYPSY are undeniably cool songs and could have made a great radio impact, followed by SEXXX DREAMS release this spring. Let's be clear: we all have seen how Troy Carter works and we know what he is really capable of. And what we have seen with ARTPOP in no way corresponds to a careful, thought-over marketing campaign. There were too many silly, impromptu moments which made her seem like a girl desperately trying to get attention while Katy and Miley were enjoying success "effortlessly". The marketing failure of ARTPOP resulted in a violent treatment of the record by media who were quick to create the "ARTFLOP" myth and label the project as a failure, giving this stupid opinion to the GP. 

To sum up, there is nothing dramatic with Gaga's position right now. She has a very special interaction with Fame. She has mastered it on such a high level, that even her fading popularity is bringing her news coverage and articles. Besides, her albums sales in the USA are at 9.2 M right now, and it's safe to say that her jazz effort with Tony and her next solo project will bring her to the elite club of female singers who have sold over 10 M albums in the USA alone. I think that a very important thing for her is to get rid of the prejudice she might have constructed in her head about Pop Music and Pop Industry. Most of her fans seem to be fans of Pop Music, and she herself started her career with the iconic "POP MUSIC WILL NEVER BE LOW BROW" which symbolized her intention to revolutionize pop music. It seems like she is turning her back on POP because they could not fully embrace her latest project, which might disappoint some of her fans. To finish on a bright note, she has a rather successful tour, a nice record with Tony Bennett and most importantly, a true talent which always makes the future open for her. And I love her and we love her and we will always cheer for this b*tch to sing and dance!  :rockstar:

No Angel

After TF/TFM she seemed to be completely strange and bizarre rather than "quirky".

She went from

tumblr_lhtcwtMWsw1qb7foqo1_500.gif

ladygaga_lovegame.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACH

1995025_GAGA_paparazzi.jpg

lady-gaga-bad-romance-video-091.jpg

to:

lady-gaga-born-this-way-video-pic-youtub

550w_music_lady_gaga_you_and_i_video_5.j

applause.jpg

Essentially she went from quirky but fashionable/cool/pop towards visually bizarre. Sexy and edgy looks that people wanted to emulate to horns, male drag and clown face.

I think it became too strange. There wasn't enough familiarity for the GP.

Good point. I think a lot of people appreciated Gaga for her so-called "weirdness" that made you think "Should I be turned on by this or not?" And it made you question a lot of things she did. Particularly Bad Romance. It was s-xy, it was bizarre, and it just kept getting stranger and stranger, in a good way. That wasn't a problem at all cause it kept people watching.

Now it feels like there's more motivation to shock to the point it's no longer entertaining, if that makes sense. She finds herself trying to make too much of a point that's it's too serious. The Fame/Monster had a lot of fun elements to it, that made you want more, but during/after Born This Way, the affect she had ran a little dry. 

Tropico

Omg people. It's obvious. Miley, Iggy and Ariana exsist now. They're what little girls (I mean like teens) rave about now because they're still really young and new. It happens to everyone. But the legends like Gaga make it through to the end. :coffee: /pointless thread

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Didymus

What made her interesting has now become a gimmick.

She can't top herself with what she did before and she refused to seriously change.

Divine

THE FAME: SHEEEEEE'S SO FAMOUSSS THAT TIMEEEEE (she's slayinggg)
THE FAME MONSTER: SSHEEEEEEE SLAYING IT
BORN THIS WAY: ughmmm she lost some fans because of horns  :toofunny: 
ARTPOP:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

"And I still love you even if I can't see you anymore."

Optimus

Decline in quality. Music, music videos, imagery, performances, vocals, etc are not as good as they used to be.

So true!

She was simply too 'preachy' during the BTW period. She was also way too over exposed... I mean, she was EVERYWHERE. Even in some places that I never would have dreamed, there would be a "Lady Gaga: BTW" poster, advertising the album. It was also the album wherein she got experimental. The general GP wasn't feeling the album as a whole, I guess. You see, songs from TF and TFM were much more radio friendly. BTW had maybe 1~2 songs that fit that category. 

IWannaBeThatGUY

She wore meat and released a song about being in love with Judas on Good Friday. And though we as fans get the message behing the meat dress, and that "still in love with judas" is a metaphor, the GP does not because they take everything at face value. They want everything to be spelled out for them and to be "pretty." Gaga is gonna be successful, but I dont think shes ever gonna be "on top" again because shes not gonna water down her art and throw a cat and a rainbow on it so that she can smash. I would rather have her the way we do now, than not have her at all. She brings so much meaning and symbolism into her music/imagery that you can never be bored with it. I could have named dropped in this rant and I choose not to so congratulate me :kisses:    

Chris90046

She lost her drive, her mysterious side she had at the beginning that fascinated the GP...and the music is good but no longer a smash. The new songs lack that hit factor

Seriously doe what fade

tumblr_inline_n9nrgeS5iw1qzlbxm.gif

every1 bops at Applause and DWUW

I live 4 the applause applause applause

SLAY SUSANA SLAY

Archived