Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Era Recap - How Gaga managed to bring ARTPOP to life. She succeded.

Tropico

Featured Posts

Tropico

Gaga's been bringing ART into POP ever since she shot the Crevette Films back in 2008. Can we please stop acting like this is a new concept from her :laughga:

This is my biggest issue with ARTPOP, having a whole era centered around something that's been present in every other era.

But this era has been more revolved around this. She did it a little in other eras but this is new. Please stop acting like this concept was good. Thank you :).

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tropico

And let us not forget that the Era started with Gaga allowing youth to be artistically free. What could be better than revealing the tracklist like this.

ARTPOP+mural.jpg

Bump

:awesome:

Pain of fame1

Yes, Thank you  :hug:

It's so nice to see a positive thread on GGD 

Mama Ru

I don't think she executed the concept in quite as coherent and interesting ways as she did with previous albums, but I agree she pulled it off pretty well.

ARTPOP was a tough concept to sell but she did a good job doing so, particularly in the period between Applause and the album release, but also with SXSW and the G.U.Y. video, just in less obvious ways.

That said, I have always had a feeling that her goal with ARTPOP was, more than anything else, to make people ask, "What is art? Can pop be art? Is ___ art? "

She started with lots of high art references which were easy to call art and kept moving toward less traditional art references.

Just the fact that so many people have debated whether or not vomit or the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills can be called art shows that her plan was a success. She expanded people's views of both art and pop.

Edit: Sorry for the essay. :laughga:

Gaga's been bringing ART into POP ever since she shot the Crevette Films back in 2008. Can we please stop acting like this is a new concept from her :laughga:

This is my biggest issue with ARTPOP, having a whole era centered around something that's been present in every other era.

True, but it was with this album that she really thrust the concept into the foreground and into mainstream consciousness.
Im blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich, and I'm a little bit of a bitch.

Tropico

I don't think she executed the concept in quite as coherent and interesting ways as she did with previous albums, but I agree she pulled it off pretty well.

ARTPOP was a tough concept to sell but she did a good job doing so, particularly in the period between Applause and the album release, but also with SXSW and the G.U.Y. video, just in less obvious ways.

That said, I have always had a feeling that her goal with ARTPOP was, more than anything else, to make people ask, "What is art? Can pop be art? Is ___ art? "

She started with lots of high art references which were easy to call art and kept moving toward less traditional art references.

Just the fact that so many people have debated whether or not vomit or the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills can be called art shows that her plan was a success. She expanded people's views of both art and pop.

Edit: Sorry for the essay. :laughga:

True, but it was with this album that she really thrust the concept into the foreground and into mainstream consciousness.

Omg don't be sorry for the "essay" it was interesting! :applause:

That was probably also one of her plans. I can honestly say that I have begun to see the art of fashion as a more important thing than before. I always use to think "ugh it's just clothes." But the way in which Gaga feels so passionately about it and with the song Fashion! And Donatella I was just like "I might as well find out a little more." And now I know a couple more desingers! :party:

And the SXSW debates (when they weren't rude) gave me life! :legend:

Tropico

:laughga:

Okay honestly what's so funny? :roll:

It's like you just don't want to like ARTPOP. :duck:

Lemme bookmark this thread to prove some that ARTPOP did prove itself

Slay 'em! :kissga:

Creyk

Imo the biggest shame of this era is not how underrated it is by the public or the critics, but actually how underrated it is with Gaga's fans themselves. I have no doubt that had ARTPOP had larger sales, and more hit singles, than her fans would laud it as being one of her finest eras in terms of creativity. :applause:

But it didn't :ohwell:

So we won't :ohwell:

But let's be real G.U.Y is a bop and all the mess was worth it for MJH and that :whitney:

MikeGoneGaga

I don't know about anyone else, but this album in particular inspired me to be bolder in my personal form of art (theatre), it got me really interested in the ideas behind performance art, and it gave me a lot to think about in terms of critical deconstruction.

What I take away from the album is the following: Be pure in your intentions, be bold in your vision, and protect both fiercely.

Brecht and Bogart are your people for that dude.

djBuffoon

Brecht and Bogart are your people for that dude.

I've done workshops with Ms Bogart, dude ;)

Bleachella

This thread needs to die

:awkney: :awkney: :awkney: :awkney: :awkney:

This thread is for celebrating the grand success of ARTPOP, and the ARTPOP era as a whole. This thread is not for people to bash others, bash ARTPOP, or even bash the person who made the thread, or anybody on it.

Rude.

Anastasios

I think we should collect every example Gaga bringing art to pop, that is really interesting :) guess there are many, I did not think of, If we did! Im so down for that! :staymad:

Archived