The Artist Fomerly Known as Lady Gaga

Rolodex of Hate

86 members have voted

1. 1. Will Gaga change her name to Stefani

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

Rolodex of Hate

Check out this gagadaily post from a while ago. I'm pretty sure this subject was once discussed on GGD too:

In a surprising move and under a new partnership with Live Nations, Lady Gaga will no longer be Lady Gaga. After her “ArtRave: the ARTPOP Ball†Tour comes to a close in 2014, the pop empress will relieve the name “Lady Gaga†as part of her history. “Gaga will always be a part of me†she said Monday night, “It’s now time to show the girl I’ve always wanted to show.â€

Lady Gaga became a household name in 2008 when her throwback style disco hit “Just Dance†climbed it’s way up the charts to monster success. After dubbing her fanbase ‘little monsters’ and a hype not seen since pop acts like Britney Spears and Madonna, Gaga decided to make the bold move as her contract with Interscope is nearly up.

"I just felt like….I’ve really gotten myself to this place where I want to be free and honest. Stefani Germanotta is my real name, and I feel like I owe it to my fans to really show what I’m about."

The statement she made with Interscope also revealed that she is already working on post-ARTPOP concepts for a more “personal record.â€

"I just really want people to get to know me now. And it doesn’t change anything. It feels more like I’m just coming out of the closet….it’s scary….but….eh…it feels like the best thing to do at this point."

Lady Gaga’s (er….should we say Stefani’s?) big name change reminds us of when David Bowie abruptly rid of his Ziggy Stardust character he led on for two album cycles in the late 1970s. At the end of the show, he revealed quite shockingly that it would be Ziggy’s “last show everâ€â€¦and it was. Gaga ranks as one of the highest female performers of the times, and although her new ARTPOP album debuted at number one, we must ask: is it because the general public is becoming bored with “Gaga?â€

"It honestly would be a smart move" said Jeff Argo of the L.A. Times, "a quite brilliant one in terms of marketing. The hype around Gaga started with stories of catchy tunes and fashion forwardness….now all the stories about Gaga seem to correspond with the word "over".

But is she over? It doesn’t seem likely, but the pop star can’t be going anywhere. For now we get to know Gaga….with an expiration date. But we think ‘Stefani’ is in it for the long haul. http://stefaniajgerm...back-to-stefani

Source: http://gagadaily.com/topic/21050-lady-gaga-to-change-stage-name-to-stefani/

Also: http://www.ladygagalittlemonsters.co.uk/lady-gaga-blog.html

Fans have recently stumbled upon a post on Lady Gaga fan site Gaga Cheat. Their newest post claims that a representative from Interscope gave news on Gaga’s plans for the future. Apparently, Lady Gaga will disassociate herself from Mother Monster, Little Monsters and Lady Gaga. She will apparently become like a ‘completely new artist’. In other words, she won’t be called Lady Gaga anymore, perhaps TAFKALG. The rumoured change mirrors that of Prince’s shocking career move in the 1990s. (His name was changed to ‘the love symbol’).

The people of Gaga Cheat think that the name change is a great career move for Gaga. They claim that the ‘Little Monsters’ theme was tying her down, and changing her name means that she could have a broader career. They suggest that it’s not ‘cool’ enough to be a Gaga fan, so scrapping the ‘Little Monsters’ and ‘Mother Monster’ theme could mean a boost in single, album, merchandise and ticket sales.

However, many fans think that the news is completely false – the only source is the fan site Gaga Cheat. Changing her name could make many fans turn on her, plus she would have to scrap her new www.littlemonsters.com website. ‘Lady Gaga’ is a household name, and most fans agree that changing it will be a big mistake – after all, her name is perhaps one of the most iconic things about her.

But what do you think? Should Gaga change her name in the future? The rumour is probably fake, but let us know what you think below.

These posts were made in December of last year. They say that she will change her name to Stefani after she's finished the artRAVE tour.

What with the recent pull of LadyGaga.com, and given that she's embarking on a 3 week tour break, would now be a great time to con consider changing her name? Would you like her to change her name? Do you think she will? What are your thoughts?

We have no legal choice but to stan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Electric Venus

NO, this better not happen. everyone will still call her gaga anyway :smh:

Robotboy

I'm fine with her doing what she wants.

she's always gaga anyway

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

antpats2

NO, this better not happen. everyone will still call her gaga anyway :smh:

Benji

Seems a little extreme all things considered.

It's undeniable the name Lady Gaga is a little tarnished among the general public but it's nothing unfixable.

Ray of Light

If this means no more dated dance music, and more midtempo and acoustic sounds,

SIGN ME UP

NoAP45r.gif

squeala

The statement she made with Interscope also revealed that she is already working on post-ARTPOP concepts for a more “personal record.â€

"I just really want people to get to know me now. And it doesn’t change anything. It feels more like I’m just coming out of the closet….it’s scary….but….eh…it feels like the best thing to do at this point."

You can smell the bull**** from a mile off

Archived