Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

What has Gaga taught you about art?

Raw

Featured Posts

HonestEyes

very rude 

OMG i saw ur instagram ur sooooooooo hot i wanna lick your ass and ur feet and dick ur hoooot dude i wanna smell your feet 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Antidote

Not that much as I expected ....

Maybe that it's important to stick to your truth and art, even if it's your downfall

That art is about yourself and there's noone who can judge your art if you live for it and trust in your work

SEX MUFFIN

She taught me that ever time I get drunk and end my night vomiting everywhere; it's art

:derpga:

Nah, but she has really introduced me to other artists and how she incorporates it into her work

dontbesweet

That you can basically do whatever you want and be completely messy and label it 'art'.

OMG i saw ur instagram ur sooooooooo hot i wanna lick your ass and ur feet and dick ur hoooot dude i wanna smell your feet 

art at its finest

heavyMetalGAGA

Exactly. I'm currently reading The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron, and one of the things she says is that to become a good artist, you have to accept the fact that you may be a bad artist at first. The reason most of us don't tap into our full creative potential is because we want to get things right on our first try, and that's just not possible. One of my greatest aspirations in life is to become a writer and sometimes I get writer's block because I'm so damn afraid of not being a good writer, but you have to honor whatever comes out of you, good or bad, and most importantly, you have to persevere.

That's awesome! What a great point she brings up! I hope your writing endeavors work out for you :) 

It makes me think, though. She says that because you need to practice your talents, right? Because even if you aren't great at first, once you become better you can look back and realize ways you can improve? 

ummmmm its very complicated?

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

aaronyoji

ive learned that art doesnt need to be likeable or well received just to be full of quality and substance. 

djBuffoon

Some of these responses... Obnoxious.

Among other things, she certainly reinforced the idea of being open-minded when viewing the work of others, not to judge it immediately, and at least make the attempt to understand what the artist(s) is attempting to say.

Stick to your guns, no matter what. Give your audience (if you are lucky to have one) what you want to make, not necessarily what they want to see/hear.

Also, as aaron said, just because a lot of people might not like it, doesn't mean it's not worthy of further consideration. Popularity doesn't equal quality.

ive learned that art doesnt need to be likeable or well received just to be full of quality and substance.

Mainly this.

Nothing cuz she's trying to be an artist but she isn't

The fact that she is a talented musician and songwriter should be enough to qualify her as an "artist" since music itself is an art. Aside from that, she's creative and much of her work involves visuals that all come together to convey some sort of idea or message, and it's clear that she works very hard on that & puts a lot of thought into it... I'm genuinely curious regarding what you must personally consider to be art.

Haroon

In general Gaga's taught me to not just take everything at face value, she's taught me to look beyond the first impression and look at work from different angles and perspectives :yes: Not saying ARTPOP has taught me this, because I can't pick out one specific thing ARTPOP has taught me about art, but all of Gaga's albums in general have as a collective effect :laughga:

drinkmytears

Nothing cuz she's trying to be an artist but she isn't

You're embarrassing yourself. Lookup the definition of artist. She is the definition of an artist. Music, dance, performance, those are all examples of art and just some examples of what she practices. If you don't believe Gaga is an artist you're not a Gaga fans. That's no delusional either, that's the truth. This is everything she stands for.

Archived