💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

THE FAME MONS†ER - Time Capsule

Dunk96

Featured Posts

Dunk96

IT'S TIME FOR A TIME CAPSULE!I'm taking everyone back to,in my honest opinion,Gaga's best era thus far...THE FAME MONS†ER!

Generic Information:

The Fame Monster is the third extended play (EP) by American recording artist Lady Gaga. It was released on November 18, 2009 through Interscope Records. Initially planned to be included on a re-release of Gaga's debut studio album, The Fame, she announced that the eight tracks would be included on a standalone release, saying that she thought the re-release was too expensive and that the albums were each conceptually different, describing them as Yin and yang respectively. A Super Deluxe edition of The Fame Monster including The Fame and additional merchandise, including a lock of Gaga's wig, was released on December 15, 2009.

Musicology:

Musically, The Fame Monster is a pop album influenced by a number of genres, prominently the disco, glam rock and synthpop music of the 1970s and 1980s, as well as industrial and Gothic music. The album was also inspired by fashion shows and runways. According to Gaga, the album deals with the darker side of fame, including love, s-x, alcohol and more. Lyrically, they are expressed through a monster metaphor. The cover artwork was done by Hedi Slimane and has a Gothic theme, as described by Gaga herself. The artwork was originally declined by her record company, however, Gaga convinced them to go through with it. The Fame Monster received generally favorable reviews from music critics. In some countries, the album charted with The Fame, and topped the charts in multiple nations, including the United Kingdom, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Finland, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand, Poland, and Switzerland. In the United States, it reached number five on the Billboard 200 albums chart, and topped the Dance/Electronic Albums chart.

Singles and Awards:

Its lead single, "Bad Romance", was a commercial success, topping the charts in more than twenty countries worldwide, while reaching number two on the Billboard Hot 100 in the United States. The next two singles, "Telephone" and "Alejandro" were successful as well, reaching the top ten in multiple countries worldwide. "Dance in the Dark" was only released as a single in select territories, but received moderate success in some countries, and receiving a nomination for Best Dance Recording at the 53rd Grammy Awards. "Speechless", "Monster", "So Happy I Could Die" and "Teeth" charted in multiple countries as well, despite not being released as singles. The Fame Monster has won multiple awards since its release. It was nominated in a total of six categories at the 53rd Grammy Awards, winning Best Pop Vocal Album.

Singles:

Bad Romance:Original release date 10/26/2009

Telephone:Original release date 1/26/2010

Alejandro:Original release date: 4/20/2010

Dance In The Dark[PROMO RELEASE ONLY]:Original release date:7/26/2010

Track List:

01.)Bad Romance

02.)Alejandro

03.)Monster

04.)Speechless

05.)Dance In The Dark

06.)Telephone

07.)So Happy I Could Die

08.)Teeth

Music Videos:

Bad Romance:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/qrO4YZeyl0I

Alejandro:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/niqrrmev4mA

Telephone:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/EVBsypHzF3U

Notable Live Performances:

American Music Awards 2009:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/uRxofVOgtRk

Ellen Degeneres 2009:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/PR18IIEwotk

http://www.youtube.com/embed/MFZWtPGmnVY

Oprah 2010:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/XXsSI-Pe-h0

Grammy's 2010:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehJ4PB5o6cA(cannot embed,sorry.:/)

Brits 2010:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_m0ab3952E

Album Covers:

the-fame-monster-4ddecafd8f53e.jpg

TheFameMonster2.png

NOTABLE FASHIONS:

Lady-Gaga-Style-Icon-2010.jpg

lady-gaga-ace-awards.jpg

Lady-Gaga-Meat-Dress-Outfit-at-VMA-20101

Edited by Xcaliber

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alien Tulip

• Magdalena

• Michael

• Miel

Dunk96

(Forgot this in the original post)

THE MONSTER BALL(2009-2011)

The Monster Ball Tour was the second worldwide concert tour by American recording artist Lady Gaga. Staged in support of her album The Fame Monster (2009) and comprising a set list of songs from that and her debut album The Fame (2008), the tour visited arenas and stadiums from 2009 through 2011. Described as "the first-ever pop electro opera" by Gaga, the tour was announced in October 2009 after an intended joint concert tour with hip-hop artist Kanye West was suddenly canceled. The Monster Ball Tour commenced four days after the release of The Fame Monster in November 2009.

A revision of the tour occurred after only a few months of performances, due to Gaga's concern that the original version was constructed within a very short span of time. The stage of the original show looked like a frame, comparable to that of a hollowed-out television set. Since The Fame Monster dealt with the paranoias Gaga had faced, the main theme of the original shows became human evolution, while elements of the canceled tour with West were still included in some parts. From 2010 onwards, the revamped shows had a New York theme and portrayed a story set in the city, where Gaga and her friends got lost and had to find their way to "the Monster Ball". Both versions of the show were divided into five segments, with the last being the encore. Each of them featured Gaga in new outfits, singing songs related to the concept of the segment, as they were followed by a video interlude.

Commentators commended Gaga's singing abilities, theatricality of the show, and her sense of style and fashion. The Monster Ball was a commercial success, with sold-out shows and demand for tickets prompting organizers to add more dates to the itinerary. It ultimately grossed an estimated US$227.4 million from 200 reported shows and an audience of 2.5 million. The Monster Ball Tour became the highest-grossing tour by a debut headlining artist, and one of the highest-grossing tours of all time. At the 2010 Billboard Touring Awards, Gaga won the Breakthrough Performer Award, as well as the Concert Marketing & Promotion Award, the latter being an acknowledgment of her partnership with sponsor Virgin Mobile.

HBO filmed a special of The Monster Ball Tour during Gaga's February 2011 shows at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Documenting the whole concert with intersperses of backstage footage, the special, titled Lady Gaga Presents the Monster Ball Tour: At Madison Square Garden, aired in May and was released on DVD and Blu-ray on November 21, 2011.

Theater Setlist:

"Dance in the Dark"
    "Just Dance"
    "LoveGame" (contains elements of "LoveGame Chew Fu Ghettohouse Fix")
    "Alejandro"
    "Monster"
    "So Happy I Could Die"
    "Teeth"
    "Speechless"
    "Poker Face" (Piano Version)
    "The Fame"
    "Money Honey"
    "Beautiful, Dirty, Rich"
    "Boys Boys Boys"
    "Paper Gangsta"
    "Poker Face"
    "Paparazzi"

Encore

"Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)"
    "Bad Romance"

Arena Setlist:

Act 1: City

"Dance in the Dark"
    "Glitter and Grease"
    "Just Dance"
    "Beautiful, Dirty, Rich"
    "Vanity" (Performed at selected dates)
    "The Fame"

Act 2: Subway

"LoveGame"
    "Boys Boys Boys"
    "Money Honey"
    "Telephone"

Piano ballads (usually two of the listed songs performed)

"Brown Eyes
        "Speechless
        "Born This Way (acoustic version)
        "Yoü and I" (performed from September 2010-May 2011)
        "Americano" (Only in Mexico)

"So Happy I Could Die"

Act 3: Forest

"Monster"
    "Teeth"
    "Alejandro"
    "Poker Face"

Act 4: Monster Ball

"Paparazzi"
    "Bad Romance"

Encore

"Born This Way" (2011 only)
    "Judas"(Only in Mexico)

Monsterballtourgaga.png

COSTUMES FROM THE TOUR:

normal0031y.jpg

normal006wc.jpg

normal023g.jpg

normal021w.jpg
normal008x.jpg

normal011d.jpg

Edited by Xcaliber

Dunk96

Thread took FOREVER to make,so if you want to add anything to this thread(I probably forgot a LOT!:sweat:),then please add it in.♥

Michael

BRIT Awards should be in notable live performances.

And the meat dress deserves a mention.

she wore so many cool outfits and crazy looks in this era :worship:

some of my favs

lady-gaga-ace-awards.jpg

Lady-Gaga-Style-Icon-2010.jpg

lady-gaga-pearls-face-amfar.jpg

lady-gaga-2010-mtv-video-music-awards-ro

:worship:

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Gaga is Life

This is my favourite thing in music, ever. As in everything about the album, the era, the fashion et al. A truly great time in music for me

Shadow

I missed this thread initially, but great job putting this together!

This video set the precedent the era then and set her apart from other stars as a true pop masterpiece:

Silence those demons... . 🖤

• 2 weeks later...