💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

FAN THEORY: Gaga to play HERSELF on AHS: Hotel?!

Jed

Good Idea? Bad Idea?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Would that be a good idea? Or would you rather her play an original character?

• Original Character
    • Play "Herself"

Featured Posts

For some reason when I saw the update I soon after believed that it would be an interesting take if Gaga played herself, or a dark twisted AHS-version of herself. I'm not saying that I believe it's actually the direction the show is going to go I'm just speculating since we don't have much else to build off at this point

Here's are some very shaky "hints" if we can even call them that.

1. We know the show is going to take place in the present time, 2015. This was confirmed at the end of Freakshow by Murphy so gaga could very much exist in this universe. The use of pop songs in the show also indicates that the entertainment industry is similar to one in real life. (even though Gods and Monsters came out much much later than the events of Freakshow but that's besides the point.)

2. Gaga made a little monster paw with her hand during the promo. I know it's a stretch.. But it seemed like a very self referential thing to do, like breaking the fourth wall so early in the very first ad. Like, she wasn't her character in the promotional video.. or was she?

3. In the caption on the AHS page it says Mother Monster joins the cast of blah blah. I know this is another nickname for her, but I thought it would make sense if she played an actual Mother Monster like Gretels Mother from Beowulf.

Then if we went with that motif she could be the owner of the hotel and all the other many monsters could be her "children," much in the same way Jessica Lange was a mother figure to the performers in the Freakshow.

Or, Since Gaga is famous and she is constantly traveling could be staying at this "Hotel" for an extended period of time. We don't necessarily know how much time will pass between the first and last episode, it could only be 2-3 weeks.

I know this is all a big reach but I just thought I would throw it out there for conversations sake.

EDIT: I just found this huffpost article with some interesting details/speculations: 

The Garden of Allah Hotel
In the penultimate episode of "Freak Show," Elsa and her "freaks" attempt to kill Denis O'Hare's Stanley for lying about his Hollywood connections. When he pleads for his life, he says, "I do know people in Los Angeles. My cousin works at the Garden of Allah." Redditor Trailkeep picked up on this back in January with a post about its possible connection to Season 5.
As it turns out, the Garden of Allah was a famous hotel in Hollywood on the Sunset Strip. Opening in 1927 and demolished in 1959, the hotel had celebrity residents and frequent guests that included F. Scott Fitzgerald, Ernest Hemingway, Dorothy Parker, Errol Flynn, Greta Garbo, Humphrey Bogart, Gloria Stuart and the Marx brothers, among others.
If the fifth season is set at this hotel that would also give Murphy ample opportunity to further connect the "AHS" universes. If set in Old Hollywood, he could make connections to the Season 1 Montgomery storyline which took place from 1922 to 1926 or even the Black Dahlia storyline in 1947.

We may also have an idea of who Gaga may play in "Hotel." The blog Vixen Varsity claims to have received a casting call back in October seeking auditions for three characters for an upcoming "AHS" promo. One of them is named Carla, described as a "classy 20-35 year old" who is possessed by a ghost.

The only problem with all this speculation? Last month, FX Networks CEO John Landgraf told TVLine it was his "hope" that Season 5 would be set in the present day.

What if they changed Carla to Gaga and she was possessed by someone from old hollywood?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it would be neat for her to play a completely warped version of herself. Like, completely unrecognizable.

TimisaMonster

I don't know what Lady Gaga would be doing in a scary hotel for an entire season :smh:

I'm sure she is playing a character and has been making all those witch/spell/vampire references towards the ROLE and not her next album

We'll have to wait and see, but Gaga loves to act. Why would she want to play herself?

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Fame Romance

It wouldn't be a good idea. It's American Horror Story, not the Lady Gaga show.

Jewels n Drugs

I hope she plays an original character

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

tearsnfears, on 27 Feb 2015 - 01:37, said:

She should play a character. Despite Gaga herself being a character,she should just play a character.

KfICDX8.gif

I think it could work, but i'd rather her be an original character. I feel like they're playing off her 'monster' theme, because it's American Horror Story :)

I don't know what Lady Gaga would be doing in a scary hotel for an entire season :smh:

I'm sure she is playing a character and has been making all those witch/spell/vampire references towards the ROLE and not her next album

We'll have to wait and see, but Gaga loves to act. Why would she want to play herself?

Well in my imagination she was Gaga but she completely and utterly wasn't.  Basically the only thing that was the same would be the name. Like, she's actually some demon succubus with horrible intentioons. It could be a comment on... whatever it is they want to make it a comment on

Just because she played herself doesn't mean the spotlight would only be on that character. They could place just as much emphasis on every other character, if not more. Just because Gaga is a superstar doesn't mean that her character wouldn't be dealing with some pretty larger than life egos. 

TimisaMonster

Well in my imagination she was Gaga but she completely and utterly wasn't.  Basically the only thing that was the same would be the name. Like, she's actually some demon succubus with horrible intentioons. It could be a comment on... whatever it is they want to make it a comment on

All in all....she only gave us a lil clip promo and it's still too early to say, but again I doubt she's playing herself. 

I think the whole monster paw thing worked cuz she had to put her hand up to say 5 and it was a cute lil homage. I don't think tho she's playing Lady Gaga in a scary hotel for an entire season. That makes no sense to me or the history of the show to do that...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Stephen

I posted about this in another thread! Imagine she plays herself and they play off the whole devil worship thing lmao

I thought this too

dum dum da di da dum dum da di da

Archived