💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Channel4 spends £200,000 on promo for Viktoria Modesta X-Factor debut

destructivelove

Featured Posts

destructivelove

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/dec/11/channel-4-x-factor-viktoria-modesta-prosthetic-riposte

RADIO EDIT : https://m.soundcloud.com/viktoria-modesta/prototype-1

This is going to be a HUGE defining moment in her career as pop musician. They are expecting over 10+ million viewers for the finale. If the public is here for her, she could instantly blow up in a matter of weeks, If not days. I think the real question will be if she can follow through on the hype with good intelligent pop music, or if this will be seen as merely just another viral video after a few months.

I loveeee the speaking part of this song, and it seems she is on the dark side of things a la Fame Monster Gaga (note they even compare it to being a very gaga-ish video Ha Impact is real). Here's hoping its radio friendly enough to catch on and give her the success to make her dreams of being a pop star come true!

So...do you thinks she's worth the risk of money channel 4 is putting behind her? Or do you think she won't catch on as the next big thing?

http://youtu.be/jA8inmHhx8c

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Diamond Heart

I hope the best for her, but the song was terrible in my opinion. 
Edit - i really enjoyed the last minute of the video though

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

Pure Adrenaline

the video blows all basics video tbh and it's amazing on Gaga level but if they really wanted to push her they should have made more friendly radio single .... just like Gaga was druing her debut ..... Amazing videos with meaning etc. and the song is cathy as fck (Telephone, Alejandro)

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Flippy

I hope the best for her, but the song was terrible in my opinion. 

Edit - i really enjoyed the last minute of the video though

basically this :ohwell:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

BlondeKingOfGGD

Omg so this is what those Born Risky flashes were like last year and this year? they lasted for like 3 seconds and went off..

I liked the imagrey and the last bit of the video..

Is she performing on the X Factor or??

I honestly can't see her being the next big thing. Maybe in the UK, but definitely not in the US.

I think Chanel4 *might* be making a mistake, but it's too early to say anything.

Saint Laurent

She's too "Gaga" for people to take her seriously, the world has Gaga (who they are arguably fed up with), they don't need a replica with terrible music.

Whoa I'm very impressed with the video. Best, most artistic non-Gaga video I've seen in a long time. SIDENOTE: do you guys remember when there was a rumor that gaga was going to get her leg amputated for fashion? This is exactly how that would've turned out.

But to be honest, the song is not that great, especially the "I'm the pro" part. Spoken part is great, though. A lot of Gaga influence here. I wish her the very best but I don't see her slaying any large markets. Especially not the US. But time will tell!

COLONiCPRiNXESS

She's too "Gaga" for people to take her seriously, the world has Gaga (who they are arguably fed up with), they don't need a replica with terrible music.

This. The video is cool tho. If this is really gonna be on X Factor tho bless the little kids that watch it they gon be having nightmares  :flop:

Archived