Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The ATLA/TLOK battlefield (currently closed)

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

TheOriginalOne

Yess, I remember now. I was just reading her wikipedia page and it was the last sentence.

It's for fun though, you know. :emma:

Oh :emma:

And look how off topic we got :Emma:

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta

Oh :emma:

And look how off topic we got :emma:

Well, it's avatar discussion and it's about Earthbending like our today's fight so it's ok. The official decisions start from tommorow so it's a dead hour for now anyway.

. . . Oscar?

Oscar, is that really you?!

Where have you been?! I've been missing your Hump Day threads!!!! tumblr_inline_mwf4poKPtb1qfvd09.gif

:hug: ily

I'm a bit late but i'll put in my 2 cents in.

i voted toph because shes more in tune with her earthbending then any other earthbender out there. Shes like a badger mole herself. For the argument that bolin could make lava to make her sight worse, thinkmabout it. lavabending doesnt go that deep so it shouldnt be to much of a struggle for her to see.

"The battlefield will benefit all players"

Therefore Toph will have metal to bend when versing bolin and thats a good way to counter the lava. 

VforVendetta

i voted toph because shes more in tune with her earthbending then any other earthbender out there. Shes like a badger mole herself. For the argument that bolin could make lava to make her sight worse, thinkmabout it. lavabending doesnt go that deep so it shouldnt be to much of a struggle for her to see.

Therefore Toph will have metal to bend when versing bolin and thats a good way to counter the lava. 

You are not late at all. From today till Friday we post our official decisions.

From today (Tuesday) till Friday the judges need to post their official decision about the winner.

RAMROD

Wohhhh like nobody voted for Bolin :nooo:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

VforVendetta

Lava goes deep, it comes from within

Also yes the battlefield has metal if you read the description.

From today (Tuesday) till Friday the judges need to post their official decision about the winner.

GypsyPrince

From what we've learnt in the latest episode of LOK, Toph will win anybody since she can "see" everyone from the swamp which will give her the strategic advantage.

Besides, she ain't kidding when she proclaims to be the best earthbender in the world. Bolin stands ZERO chance.

VforVendetta

From what we've learnt in the latest episode of LOK, Toph will win anybody since she can "see" everyone from the swamp which will give her the strategic advantage.

Besides, she ain't kidding when she proclaims to be the best earthbender in the world. Bolin stands ZERO chance.

SHe can't win anbody and her blindness has it's weaknesses as well but we will see them in another battle. As I said above she has a huge advantage against earthbenders and waterbenders. And yes, she probably is the best bender in the world.

VforVendetta

TheOriginalOne

I just don't see Bolin having much of a winning chance against Toph. Her "vision" would let her see just about every attack Bolin throws are her and chuck it back. The only way I see Bolin winning is if he somehow melted the earth in the arena as deep as it goes and leaving her in a very small island. It would disconnect her from everything but that small area, that is if Toph in fact can't see through the lava. But Bolin isn't too bright. He's pretty, but definitely not bright. He wouldn't come up with the idea because his mind would only be focusing on beating her instead of how. Maybe he'd even begin panicking while Toph would remain calm. So in the end, Toph would come out as the winner.

I vote Toph. Bolin would certainly be able to put up a fight, but he wouldn't be focussed on making a plan to disadvantage Toph in the heat of battle - like I said before, he's a team player, and usually looks to people like Mako or Kuvira for tactics. It wouldn't immediately occur to him on his own that lavabending could aid him quite significantly, and in that crucial moment Toph would have him placed on the battlefield and be able to attack.

Toph wins  :Jase:

VforVendetta

I just don't see Bolin having much of a winning chance against Toph. Her "vision" would let her see just about every attack Bolin throws are her and chuck it back. The only way I see Bolin winning is if he somehow melted the earth in the arena as deep as it goes and leaving her in a very small island. It would disconnect her from everything but that small area, that is if Toph in fact can't see through the lava. But Bolin isn't too bright. He's pretty, but definitely not bright. He wouldn't come up with the idea because his mind would only be focusing on beating her instead of how. Maybe he'd even begin panicking while Toph would remain calm. So in the end, Toph would come out as the winner.

I vote Toph. Bolin would certainly be able to put up a fight, but he wouldn't be focussed on making a plan to disadvantage Toph in the heat of battle - like I said before, he's a team player, and usually looks to people like Mako or Kuvira for tactics. It wouldn't immediately occur to him on his own that lavabending could aid him quite significantly, and in that crucial moment Toph would have him placed on the battlefield and be able to attack.

Toph wins  :Jase:

I agree with both.

Very few charatcers of TLOK are able to stand against the characters from ATLA. Bolin has taken a serious advantage in the 3rd season with the lavabending but he remains a mediocore earthbender and not a very smart one either.

Even if Bolin did do all that...Toph could probably still see through the lava but it would probably only mush her sight the same way that sand did. There's no beating Toph. 

Archived