💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The biggest mistake in Gaga's career

Pure Adrenaline

The biggest mistake in Gaga's career  

153 members have voted

1. 1. What was one thing that Gaga/Interscope did that hurt her career the most?

• Ending TFM era after Alejndro
    • 'album of the decade' statement
    • Releasing Judas as single
    • Not releasing ARTPOP in 2012 as planned
    • Releasing ARTPOP album
    • Not releasing DWUW video
    • buy 'Birthday' on Google Play

Featured Posts

M I M I Z

Releasing Born This Way  :eww:

She will suffer from Born This Way for the rest of her career.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the gap between btw and ARTPOP are perfect as is.....

I see no mistakes, just decisions ....

ARTPOPHooker96

Definitely not releasing ARTPOP as planned and not making Scheisse as a single :giveup:

Tropico

Wow. I see haters everywhere on this thread. And a big f--k you to all those who voted ARTPOP as an album :kisses: . Gaga's career is still fine thank you and she still has the industry kissing her ass a lot of the time. I honestly think none of those were mistakes. It would have been real nice if she released ARTPOP in 2012 but that would've made BTWB so shortlived imo.

Maybe the little managers could just calm down for just today and go back to being fans because TBQFH the negativity doesn't help. What is all this gonna change... Nothing okay. Gaga has done it already. And all this does is look negative and shady. How do you think she'd feel if she found out her "fans" were busy bringing up non-exisistent "mistakes" which all never really flopped in the slightest. Tbh maybe we should stick to promoting instead of trying to control Gaga.

Oh and one last flip off to all those who consider Judas, BTW (album + single), ARTPOP and alejandro mistakes. :fthis:

Come. At. Me.

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

LaLuna

I feel Gaga's "decline" started when she released Judas. It seems like everything has been a mess since.

Also not releasing DWUW vid too. Killed ALL hype for this era.

Also this.

GypsyDope

To be quite honest. Gaga should have released ARTPOP back in 2012. It doesnt make sense tho since The Born This Way Ball had two more legs to go. 

Phoenix

not releasing DWUW and releasing Judas
i love Judas it's just a bad single choice

💎

Tommy Monster

I love it, but this.. She's still a big pop star, but BTW's social message being projected in interviews throughout and in the album as a whole put a damper on people's perception of her in contrast to how they saw her in TFM era.

edit: I'm talking about the album btw

Yeah, me too :laughga: and I think it also really dissapointed in the terms of music and production + she was everywhere, so people were dissapointed and sick of her... And now the masterpiece ARTPOP cannot shine :emo:

Yeah, me too :laughga: and I think it also really dissapointed in the terms of music and production + she was everywhere, so people were dissapointed and sick of her... And now the masterpiece ARTPOP cannot shine :emo:

Yeah.. I think everything before was very 'forward' sonically [even if there was retro inspiration. it was used in a fresh way, or at least one that sounded more futuristically interpretive (Dance In The Dark is a good example) than throwback] , and BTW had a lot of - what some people saw as 'cheesey' - throwback vibes.. some disco and hair metal sentiments...and 90s melodies.. like in The Queen, Bad Kids, The Edge of Glory, Amen Fashion's verses etc.. And the heavy use of Fernando Garibay's production made songs seem similar.. and because these vibes ran throughout, I think it left a bad taste in some mouths, whilst many of the fans could appreciate Gaga's sensibility.. + affinity for these elements and message...

+ yeah, not only was she everywhere, but she was everywhere now with a message seen to people as preachy. Her 'pop' was no longer.. lay your hair back.. inconsequential fun bops, it was self help, focused on liberation of lgbt people.. this and now the indetification of Gaga's fanbase even more specifically seen as 'the outsiders' 'the losers' 'the troubled' 'the insecure' with 'Mother Monster' and her outreach.. it made people feel uncomfortable..  instead of buying into a pop song, people felt they were buying into the association of being a Gaga fan, and what it represented in 'BTW'.

Slade

I voted Judas because it slowed the momentum of the BTW era big time, but I don't think that was really what hurt her. I think what hurt her was her serious overexposure during the Born This Way era and her preachy attitude, which was good, but sometimes was just a little too much.

It was definitely not Alejandro. Do you guys not remember BTW going #1 for 6 weeks right after Alejandro? If anything, it was good for her. Alejandro did well on the charts too.

But THIS era, what I think hurt her the most was naming the album ARTPOP, even though I love it so much and it's my favorite album title of all time. It made critics more critical about the album because of the word "ART," and I think it turned people off because it sounded pretentious.

seana39223

Releasing Applause as the lead single is by far GaGas/Interscopes biggest mistake. G.U.Y would have been Just Dance 2.0 if it was the lead single.

blahblahblahhhh

If being outspoken, vocal and passionate about things she loves and stands for is considered a mistake, then that would be her greatest ''mistake''.

She is a strong opinionated woman and that obviously can alienate people who don't necessarily share her opinion.

Archived