💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

General Charts Discussion - list of artists w/ most #1 hits

Mills

Featured Posts

Mariano

Agreed. BTW's published worldwide figures, around 8 million (label's figures / shipments), has been the highest I've read so far since 2011, sans Adele's 21. That alone speaks how massively successful BTW was as an album. The closest major release I could think of right now to the published stats of BTW is P!nk's The Truth About Love (2012), which is being presented as a 7-million seller. Red could likely follow in two years' time, but still it shows how difficult for albums these days to move more than 7 million units worldwide. 

Exactly :applause:

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
artpopmess

Agreed. BTW's published worldwide figures, around 8 million (label's figures / shipments), has been the highest I've read so far since 2011, sans Adele's 21. That alone speaks how massively successful BTW was as an album. The closest major release I could think of right now to the published stats of BTW is P!nk's The Truth About Love (2012), which is being presented as a 7-million seller. Red could likely follow in two years' time, but still it shows how difficult for albums these days to move more than 7 million units worldwide. 

TTAL didnt sell 7M copies as an actual album the way BTW did tho. Those 7M copies are a result of the track equivalent album method. I thought we had established that back when the IFPI top 10 sales reports came in and everyone was wondering why TTAL didn't make the cut but ARTPOP did and thus the whole argument about shipments/sales began. 

don't follow my instagram (trying out reverse psychology)

OBEY

Summer is still pushing up there. THE REAL Summer smash is emerging.

i think its top 10 in canada since a lot of weeks!

6. MAGIC! - Rude

15. Sam Smith - Stay With Me

Next two smashes that will sell over 4 million each and contend for the top 3.

i thought Rude was already a hit? mess :emma:

Robotboy

anyone else scared ARTPOP will fall off top 200? :ohno:

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

Klou

i think its top 10 in canada since a lot of weeks!

i thought Rude was already a hit? mess :emma:

It is, but it still has a lot of growing to do and it's already #5 on iTunes. I don't care for the song, but can't deny it's gonna be big :)

Gagamel

anyone else scared ARTPOP will fall off top 200? :ohno:

It definitely will this week, it's been in the 400s

Gypsy Life

POP

13 12 KATY PERRY Birthday 8182 7549 633 48.858

+50 Spins
-96 Bullet
-0.017 Audience

HOT AC

17 16 KATY PERRY Birthday 2430 2046 384 15.285

+1 Spin
-81 Bullet
-0.035 Audience

17. KATY PERRY – Birthday: 73.757 (-0.057)

Sold 230k so far.

Most likely will end up a MTN-sized hit sales-wise, but with 2.5x airplay.

Jee Yew Whai

POP

13 12 KATY PERRY Birthday 8182 7549 633 48.858

+50 Spins

-96 Bullet

-0.017 Audience

HOT AC

17 16 KATY PERRY Birthday 2430 2046 384 15.285

+1 Spin

-81 Bullet

-0.035 Audience

17. KATY PERRY – Birthday: 73.757 (-0.057)

Sold 230k so far.

Most likely will end up a MTN-sized hit sales-wise, but with 2.5x airplay.

about time. :applause: 

everybody hates the song. 

Pure Adrenaline

Mariano slaying ATRL with his threads :nick:

http://atrl.net/forums/showthread.php?t=596716

:legend:

but I think that ARTPOP is her most ambitious album to date .... BTW's message and theme fails to top ARTPOP's one because putting ART infront of POP and bringing into the pop culture is more underground then self-esteem theme and loving urself which was BTW main theme (tho the other one living btw reality and fantasy is more interesting for me and I like that she explored more themes in that album)

Probably that's why a lot of people (most of them actually :awkney: ) tought that ARTPOP is pretensious  - they simply couldn't understand it and what she was trying to say and maybe that's way BTW was such huge success WW because it's theme connceted to a lot more people than ARTPOP'[s theme: that's why I think AP is more ambisious than BTW

but slay mariano ... tho soon the WPs will follow :emma:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Mariano

:legend:

but I think that ARTPOP is her most ambitious album to date .... BTW's message and theme fails to top ARTPOP's one because putting ART infront of POP and bringing into the pop culture is more underground then self-esteem theme and loving urself which was BTW main theme (tho the other one living btw reality and fantasy is more interesting for me and I like that she explored more themes in that album)

Probably that's why a lot of people (most of them actually :awkney: ) tought that ARTPOP is pretensious  - they simply couldn't understand it and what she was trying to say and maybe that's way BTW was such huge success WW because it's theme connceted to a lot more people than ARTPOP'[s theme: that's why I think AP is more ambisious than BTW

but slay mariano ... tho soon the WPs will follow :emma:

I think BTW is more ambitious and ARTPOP is more pretentious (not in a bad way).  Both ambitious but nothing will top BTW for me.  It was about a lot more important and risky things than puttint ART infront of POP.   But you have a point as well :nick:

Edit: Oh and for me Born This Way is more ARTPOP than ARTPOP so yup.. :D

Pure Adrenaline

I think BTW is more ambitious and ARTPOP is more pretentious (not in a bad way).  Both ambitious but nothing will top BTW for me.  It was about a lot more important and risky things than puttint ART infront of POP.   But you have a point as well :nick:

Edit: Oh and for me Born This Way is more ARTPOP than ARTPOP so yup.. :D

well discussing the theme of the albums is not .... because SELF-ESTEEM/LOVING URSELF will always be popular theme amongst music u can find that theme in almost every music genre not only pop where ARTPOP's theme is kind of undergound and low-brow because there are more people that would dare to release a song like BTW or You&I or MTN than a song like Applause or ARTPOP if u know what I mean :nick:

monketsharona

I've just listen Fancy for the first time, now I understand why french radios don't play it  :toofunny:

Though Iggy's rap is pretty good !

Mariano

well discussing the theme of the albums is not .... because SELF-ESTEEM/LOVING URSELF will always be popular theme amongst music u can find that theme in almost every music genre not only pop where ARTPOP's theme is kind of undergound and low-brow because there are more people that would dare to release a song like BTW or You&I or MTN than a song like Applause or ARTPOP if u know what I mean  :nick:

There is no song like BTW, period. 

Baby you are firework

You are beautiful no matter what they say

is nothing like "No matter gay str8 or bi..." 

And yes I know your point and I kind of agree but it still doesn't top BTW and it's importance in my opinion :nick:

Pure Adrenaline

There is no song like BTW, period. 

Baby you are firework

You are beautiful no matter what they say

is nothing like "No matter gay str8 or bi..." 

And yes I know your point and I kind of agree but it still doesn't top BTW and it's importance in my opinion :nick:

I don't say that there is other song like BTW but there are 1252314213423431 songs about loving who u are ...... tho I still can't find song similar in theme to Applause and ARTPOP that's what I'm trying to say :nick:

Archived