Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th

Kerli says Gaga copies her

Techydude

Featured Posts

MikeyMoonShine

Isn't that whole look based on that Japanese Lolita thing though?  :huh:

I'm sure the hair is at least and that was the impression I got when I first saw some of Gaga's looks. I don't see how she can say Gaga ripped her off when her look isn't even that original, it was a trend. 

Maybe Gaga was inspired by her at some point but she didn't invent those looks.  

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's true when she says some hair looks were similar, but that's it between the two. The rest is radically different, even some outfits that can be compared as quite similar were worn in different ways (expresing different ideas and contexts). So it's quite reachy of her in my opinion.

ItsTommyBitch

I'm sure the hair is at least and that was the impression I got when I first saw some of Gaga's looks. I don't see how she can say Gaga ripped her off when her look isn't even that original, it was a trend. 

Yes. When Kanon Wakeshima (she used to be a Lolita-Musician... now shes just kind of a musician who doesnt dress in Lolita anymore) debuted, the fan war between Kerli and Kanon fans on every single youtube video was rediculous. People saying Kanon copied Kerli, and reverse. Gaga has done it before too. Its not like she claims every hair style/wig and outfit shes ever worn is her own. Gaga's an admirer, Kerli is...insecure in her image (because its really all she has.. sales have not been kind to her lol)

Its sad, because i really Kerli's voice and some of her music. But its not because its super original, its just appealing to someone with diverse tastes such as myself.  :hor:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Valextra

She is a one hit wonder, her looks has been seen thousand times before her debut, pick a Vogue from 90's.

it's always the same story.

RAMROD

Yes. When Kanon Wakeshima (she used to be a Lolita-Musician... now shes just kind of a musician who doesnt dress in Lolita anymore) debuted, the fan war between Kerli and Kanon fans on every single youtube video was rediculous. People saying Kanon copied Kerli, and reverse. Gaga has done it before too. Its not like she claims every hair style/wig and outfit shes ever worn is her own. Gaga's an admirer, Kerli is...insecure in her image (because its really all she has.. sales have not been kind to her lol)

Its sad, because i really Kerli's voice and some of her music. But its not because its super original, its just appealing to someone with diverse tastes such as myself.  :hor:

YAAASSS!! Educate ha!

Kerli thinks we are not aware of Japanese fashion scenes!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

MikeyMoonShine

This is why I generally don't care about "look copying" as long as it's not like a carbon copy. That's how art works, people take inspiration from something and make it into something new. Gaga always was good at concocting interesting looks and It's obvious where some of her inspirations come from but what matters is she made it her own and she didn't just copy idea's. Plus Gaga generally does say where her inspirations come from and why she chose to do whatever it is that she is doing. 

It's funny because Madonna did the same thing back in her day and she was also brilliant at it and now her fans say Gaga copied her which is ridiculous because by their logic Madge copied pretty much everyone.  

Sugarfall

Who the hell is she? I've never even heard her name?

And LOL when I watched a video of hers right now when someone put it here, I got a GUY commercial :lmao:

The Fame

I love Kerli to death. She is right behind Gaga in my favorite artists list. I understand her struggles and frustrations as much as an onlooker can, but I cringe every time she mentions Gaga copying her. She needs to stop. Unless she brings up really solid evidence, which I don't think she ever has.

Now, it's POSSIBLE one of Gaga's stylists who prepare her outfits for her might have been inspired by a Kerli look, but I really don't think Gaga is sitting there sponging off Kerli's looks.

Kerli, please stop. ;_;

thefamebitch

She is very unintelligent.   Nobody, and I mean almost NOBODY stays looking the same for years except for maybe Kerli herself.  She acts like she is the ONLY person who has the style that she does, and she's simply wrong.  Gaga has gone through so many styles through her career, and it's insane that she thinks that Gaga has been copying her this whole time.  I'd rather hear the Madonna comparisons.

Nick1495

she's been saying this for years.

MTE. She's starting to make herself look thirsty for attention. I she just doesn't have the attention Gaga does so her "ideas" are seen.

Nick1495

I'm starting to see why Madonna worked with her. They both have something against Gaga :teehee:

Soundophobic

Look... I remember listening to that Walking on Air song aaaaaages ago. That's all I know about Kerli.

But, from what I remember, her style is basically: Scene Girl meets Goth Loli in a Cybergoth rave, hijinks ensue. 

So, not original, at all... You'd see people on DeviantArt dressed like Kerli before she was even aware she could sing. :coffee:

Archived