Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

My sadness for GUY

Kenon Astro

Featured Posts

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HORRORHOLIC

I didn't think it was one of her best videos either, and to be honest the other songs played in the video (ARTPOP, Venus and MANiCURE) are all much better songs. I'm not saying I didn't like it and I really love the message, but she has some amazing videos 

Does anyone here agree with me on this?

I love Gaga and always supports everything she does, and I understood the GUY video' storyline and all but something isn't satisfying. It seems like she used a lot of random cuts and scenes, instead of scenes with substance. The Venus bit was so anticlimactic, those house wives ruined it, that fold pool scene was unnecessary, Jesus and Michael didnt even look like them. Whole thing felt so homemade

Well I'm sure she is very sorry that she couldn't dig up the real ones to make you happier  :coffee:

Sakrai

I think you're mistaking things. The video looks kinda homemade yes. But it's not because this or that scene. It's because Lady Gaga directed it and she has no proper directing education. This makes the video look less Hollywood carbon copy and more improvised/messy. Which is NOT a bad thing.

The whole statement is that the artist's vision is the one that should be brought forward, not a factory-made pop music video. Which seems to be this whole era's manifesto.

You should have prepared for an unorthodox photography and directing from the moment we knew Gaga was the director. We all saw it coming :oops:

not her fault.

Oh, I'm just visiting-

Whispering

I know I'm late for this, but how the hell does anyone know what Jesus looks like?

jesus_main_1595926a.jpg

Black-Jesus.jpg

Does anyone here agree with me on this?

I love Gaga and always supports everything she does, and I understood the GUY video' storyline and all but something isn't satisfying. It seems like she used a lot of random cuts and scenes, instead of scenes with substance. The Venus bit was so anticlimactic, those house wives ruined it, that fold pool scene was unnecessary, Jesus and Michael didnt even look like them. Whole thing felt so homemade

Ultimately, whether you're right or wrong will be determined by the sales.

I think you're mistaking things. The video looks kinda homemade yes. But it's not because this or that scene. It's because Lady Gaga directed it and she has no proper directing education. This makes the video look less Hollywood carbon copy and more improvised/messy. Which is NOT a bad thing.

The whole statement is that the artist's vision is the one that should be brought forward, not a factory-made pop music video. Which seems to be this whole era's manifesto.

You should have prepared for an unorthodox photography and directing from the moment we knew Gaga was the director. We all saw it coming :oops:

not her fault.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, although it was well meant, it further establishes her in the kitsch category visually.

Sadly, this video makes me miss Applause, although at the time I felt it wasn't strong enough.

I guess we'll see the impact this makes, tastes differ, but the overall trend becomes clear pretty quickly.

Archived