Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th

G.U.Y. officially confirmed as 3rd single from 'ARTPOP'!

Star

Featured Posts

Whispering

I understand that, and I think if you are aiming for a hit song G.U.Y. is probably the smartest choice. But if you are aiming to be remembered for your musical impact, a song like G.U.Y. doesn't make a lot of sense. 

I was just hopping that given her recent antics and the SXSW keynote she wasn't really interested in playing it safe. But she clearly is, which is fine. Just a little disappointing. 

It's BEYOND obvious Gaga isn't interested in playing it safe and that choice came LONG before this current single choice.

From her videos, songs and fashion during TFM to Alejandro and the meat dress. From using her biggest moment ever to push a song like BTW to Judas to the MTN video. From the title of this current album and concept behind it to the lyrics of Applause to the choice of R. Kelly as a collab partner on DWUW to firing her manager at the start of the album era.

Sorry that you are disappointed in this single choice, but Gaga doesn't play it safe!

pachinko

It didn't take long for her to get over her creative rebellion did it? F.u.c.k. pop music, now here is my new radio fodder single called G.U.Y.

I guess that is what you get when you are a Gaga fan. One week your stanning for a vomit covered punk rocker who is denouncing the charts, the next week your left scratching your head while she goes on day time TV to promote the release of the most basic and predictable song off her record.

I thought she was going to throw us a curve ball, so I'm a little bummed. But a new Gaga video is always a reason to celebrate!

Regardless of what anyone says: she needs commercial success to fund her art. All of the songs can be considered her art and what she believes in or else they wouldn't be on ARTPOP. So whatever she chooses, is her decision amd her art. It's not giving in to the system like you make it seem. Bc she does her creative vision through the songs and videos. True to form.

It's BEYOND obvious Gaga isn't interested in playing it safe and that choice came LONG before this current single choice.

From her videos, songs and fashion during TFM to Alejandro and the meat dress. From using her biggest moment ever to push a song like BTW to Judas to the MTN video. From the title of this current album and concept behind it to the lyrics of Applause to the choice of R. Kelly as a collab partner on DWUW to firing her manager at the start of the album era.

Sorry that you are disappointed in this single choice, but Gaga doesn't play it safe!

Stefani328

The Venus stans :toofunny:  Everyone else is over the moon, happy, or at least neutral on the choice. It's always them with the problem, if the single choice is anything but Venus and to find anyway to tear the song down. :eww:

Jase

This has to do well, its def her strongest track on ARTPOP, it screams Bad Romance. If it flops, Gaga I'm scared for your future :/

You're concerned about her entire future based on how well one of her song performs on the charts? Eek

SKANK

I'm only disappointed because I thought her week in Austin was ushering in a new era of Gaga giving the finger to the pop music world. I was just reading to much into what she was saying.

"No one is going to remember you for what you ****ing tweet" A week later she decides to release a single that features her begging for re-tweets in the pre-chorus.  :lolgaga:

Allison M

21 pages on this?

We knew it was one or the other, is anyone really THAT surprised?

I'm happy with the decision. I would take anything at this point tbh

This is so amazing. I can't believe it's actually premiering on Dateline NBC haha. GaGa really pulled some strings here. The video must be good.

This has to do well, its def her strongest track on ARTPOP, it screams Bad Romance. If it flops, Gaga I'm scared for your future :/

I kind of agree. I really hope this song takes off. She deserves a big hit after everything that's happened.

Edited by Kevbev