Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Cynthia Fights Back About BTWF Allegations

MonsterMarty

Featured Posts

MonsterMarty

EDIT: UPDATE FROM LADY GAGA!

A Message from Me about the Born This Way Foundation

My mom and I are so deeply passionate about the Born This Way Foundation. Its work, its message. Creating local grassroots events to support youth with mental illness, abusive household situations, disabilities, in search of friends, answers. We believe in advocating empowerment and creating a safe space for kids to go who feel helpless. Suicide Prevention, Compassion, Inspiring Bravery. This is our mission. We do not raise money and allocate the funds to other charities for them to do the work. We do the work. We formed a brand new, up-to-date with all the newest research and best doctors in the country approach to youth wellness. My mom is on the ground with the kids, so am I, the whole Born Brave Team is. Check out my mom's article in the HUFFINGTON POST to learn more http://tinyurl.com/l57mokp

EDIT: UPDATE FORM CYNTHIA!

First and foremost, we are an organization that conducts our charitable activity directly, and we fund our own work.

We are not a grant-maker that funds the work of other charities, and were never intended to be.

Our activity has included The Born Brave Bus Tour, which has travelled to 23 communities, interacting with more than 19,000 young people and raising awareness to the tune of more than 300 million media impressions. The foundation's messages of kindness and bravery have touched more than half a million online users via our website, which includes the Bravest Map Ever and the Play Brave Game, as well as social media channels such as Twitter and Facebook -- which on a peak week can hit 50 million individual users....

Read more:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cynthia-germanotta/speaking-out-for-lady-gag_b_4952424.html

New article disproving the bullsh!t tabloid reports about the BTWF:

The 2012 federal tax report for Gaga's Born This Way Foundation reveals the star spent $1.3 million on charitable projects. As long as you read it properly, that is

No, Lady Gaga did not spend only $5,000 on charitable projects in 2012.

According to reports by ShowBiz411 and the New York Post, the federal tax report for the pop star’s nonprofit, the Born This Way Foundation, reveals that Gaga donated a mere $5,000 to “governments and organizations in the United States†and spent $1.8 of the foundation’s $2.6 million in revenue on “expenses,†shelling out hundreds of thousands of dollars on website design and legal fees. But that’s not (entirely) true. What they’re not reporting is that more than $1.3 million, or 72 percent, of those expenses directly funded her charitable projects.

According to the 990 form, Gaga’s foundation, which she launched in 2011, spent more than $406,000 on legal fees, around $9,000 on office expenses, $50,000 on website design and some $150,000 on philanthropic consulting in 2012. These functional expenses sound huge, especially if you interpret Gaga’s comparatively measly five grand as her only charitable gift. However, a deeper assessment of the document reveals that the $1.3 million in “program expensesâ€â€â€the costs of operating her charitable causesâ€â€was spent on three key projects.

http://www.vocativ.com/culture/celebrity/lady-gaga-actually-charitable-everyone/

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AgusPop

"The document reveals that the $1.3 million in “program expenses†as spent on the.... “Born to Be Brave†bus tour, which traveled across the country to provide therapy and mental health education to young people; the “development of a youth outreach program and the creation of a “youth advisory board summitâ€

Very good.  :legend:

The haters are so desperate and liars

1-8aca9ba0ff.jpg

Mister G

So because she's not obsessing over international charitable events like poverty in 3rd world countries she's being dragged? Bull****. Her foundation is combating issues like LGBT equality and bullying...soooo how are those not charitable?

jhonyguy04

But it's not a hate post :toofunny:

I know, but I was referring to that fake one that was slandering her. 

The PR team over at the BTWF needs to make this clear, so many people already believe the false reports that have been posted by major news sources. It's kind of funny that no other publication has since looked further into this but rather has copied the same article essentially and slandered Gaga's name as well as the foundation itself.

Archived