💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

The Normal Heart (HBO GAY Movie) - Emmy Winner Best Tv Movie

Valextra

Featured Posts

Valextra

the-normal-heart-hbo-sida-julia-roberts-

HBO%20The%20Normal%20Heart.png

http://youtu.be/QXl_mat0ef0

The film also stars Taylor Kitsch, Jim Parsons, and Julia Roberts and it will premiere on Sunday, May 25th at 9/8c on HBO.

The Normal Heart tells the story of the onset of the HIV-AIDS crisis in New York City in the early 1980s, taking an unflinching look at the nation’s s-xual politics as gay activists and their allies in the medical community fight to expose the truth about the burgeoning epidemic to a city and nation in denial.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hauser

Julia Roberts and Mark Ruffalo are always great to watch, plus the movie looks good to being with. Matt Bomer is so handsome and its great to see him (openly gay man) play gay and straight roles in the mainstream. Ill be tuning in for sure!

One Five Ten

Looks good. Ryan Murphy's work is a mixed bag though, so we'll have to see. Exciting to see Jim Parsons in a role like this though, mostly. 

• 5 weeks later...

Omg this looks great, and the cast :giveup:

I love Mark Ruffalo and Julia Roberts. Not to mention openly gay Matt and Jim.

• 4 weeks later...
Valextra

tumblr_n55n83t98R1rgqcm9o1_500.jpg

The Bomer Method.
By Shana Naomi Krochmal
How Matt Bomer met Larry Kramer, won his dream role in The Normal Heart, and kept on living his own normal, yet charmed, life.
For The Normal Heart to hit its emotional bullseye  to educate and inspire an audience about how homophobia-fueled inaction allowed AIDS to blossom into a worldwide catastrophe  it must also humanize its cantankerous protagonist, Ned. Kramer (and his fictional stand-in) has a reputation for irascible, unending rage at everyone who gets in his way, including himself. “People think of Larry as this person screaming into the wind,†Murphy says. “I wanted to capture his lovable, kind, intimate side.â€
The movie’s most persuasive arguments for Ned’s humanity  and its most tender, heartbreaking moments  are found in his relationship with Felix, which begins just as Ned’s friends start dying.
Felix is deeply closeted at work, despite having perhaps the newspaper’s gayest job. “I just write about gay designers and gay discos and gay chefs and gay models and gay everything,†he tells Ned when they first meet. “I just don’t call them gay.†Ned snaps, “Isn’t it time you start?â€
But Felix is also adamant that two men can love each other and be better for it, which, even after years of therapy, Ned still struggles to fully internalize. “Men do not naturally not love,†Felix tells him. “They learn not to.â€
As Bomer says, “Felix softens Ned in a way and enables him to get a little bit more in touch with his intimacy.†Amidst the board meetings and fundraising events needed to launch GMHC  and the inevitable power struggles and arguments of a desperate, nascent movement  they cultivate a quiet domesticity, curling up on the couch with the dog, feeding each other spoonfuls of ice cream.
When Felix is diagnosed with AIDS and begins to get sick, Bomer says, “Ned gives Felix courage that he wasn’t able to have when he was just a reporter at the Times. That motivational anger that Ned has  it bleeds into Felix’s life as well.†For Ned, Felix’s illness “puts a ticking clock on things,†Bomer says. “For someone who is fighting for principle, it becomes even more personal.â€
Because Bomer knew the part would require a production break during which he would have to lose a substantial amount of weight  40 pounds  part of his original lobbying effort for the role was extensive, specific research into how, in 1984, a man dying of AIDS would see his body change. His transformation  especially in contrast to Ned and Felix’s vigorous s-x scenes earlier in the movie  is a painfully, hauntingly accurate time capsule.
“I think Matt felt the ghosts,†Murphy says. “I think he felt all the shame and humiliation and degradation of all those brothers who have died of AIDS. It was a very beautiful, spiritual thing to witness.â€
Filming such demanding material over the course of five months employed Bomer’s years of classical training, and it took him back to that wide-eyed 14-year-old who first read The Normal Heart. “You’re really lucky as an artist if you get a role that changes you as a person,†Bomer, now 36, says earnestly, on the brink of tears. “It taught me how to access myself on a completely different level as an artist. And it blew my mind in terms of the level of unconditional love between Ned and Felix  my goodness, if these people could incorporate this into their lives, under their circumstances, why can’t I?â€
For more go to [out.com]

thatfoxyfeeling

I think I'm over gay movies that focus on HIV/AIDS.

• 3 weeks later...
MelbHawker

Haven't seen it yet. I hope it airs in Australia, otherwise I'll be forced to download it.

JusticeforVenus

Matt Bomer looks hot naked :hor:

and th movie is so beautiful done , made me cry.... 

Archived