Explain the J&D hate.

Mr Josh

Featured Posts

super ultra

I don't hate it but when I heard it after the iTunes festival my first thought was "is this a joke? " I was laughing so hard  :toofloppy: 

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nativenewyorker

Well.. I love it because it's so ridiculous that I find it entertaining. It's like cringey hip hop songs from the early '00s that are so stupid but it's catchy and makes you feel good while you're dancing and singing along. Idk. 

JEWELS N DRUGS BAABY HUSTLE

GagaSkeletonWay

Do you expect that pop/dance fans prefer a rap/hip-hop song when they have 14 pop/electronic songs?  :lolgaga:

It's not a bad song for sure, it's just that the majority of people here prefer the rest of the album because of the genre of the song.

MikeGoneGaga

Rap music is scary to some of these kids.

:yes:

People who don't know from rap usually treat it as "the lesser" especially when its changed a bit from the standard. 

SlayedForTheGod

I love it. I love the contrast between Gaga and the rappers. Surprisingly my mom really likes this song too.

djBuffoon

Plus we get to hear our home girl try her hand in some rap verses, which is, I don't know, hilarious and awesome?! Turn the bass up and don't take everything so seriously. Remember, ARTPOP is one big party

At the end of the day, this. It's splashy and loud and ridiculous (but intentionally so).

GagaIsMydonna

J&D is very captivating and has genius lyrics imo ... But the young pancake thing is something i dont understand

I can't explain it because JnD is good

The instrumental shows how versatile Gaga is, and if instead of the three collabs she had only T.I. and one more of her verses, it would probably be my favourite song on ARTPOP, even though it's top 5 for me already

nathantj594

Love the beat, I hope someone samples the instrumental and makes a good song out of it. 

But those lyrics.... :megaflop:  :megaflop:  :megaflop:  :toofloppy:

Especially Gaga's part....

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

nathantj594

I love Jewels N' Drugs. It's one of the few songs on ARTPOP I still listen to on a regular basis. The bass goes HARD - hardest bass on the album I would say, and DJWS's background of trap production really shines. I don't take the lyrics too seriously. It's just fun to jam all the way out too. Plus we get to hear our home girl try her hand in some rap verses, which is, I don't know, hilarious and awesome?! Turn the bass up and don't take everything so seriously. Remember, ARTPOP is one big party

JND is not a trap song though. I has trap elements, but it's hiphop. 

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

Archived