DISEASE - OUT OCTOBER 25th

OSCARS discussion thread: Gaga attending!

Joey1

Featured Posts

BuzzcutSeason

I wouldn't have anything against something minimal and beautiful.

Versace is a tacky brand that's neither shocking or aesthetically pleasing. Only people with questionable taste like Versace, especially the post-Gianni stuff. 

Do you not see how hot she looks???? and not even just that.

zxo95t.jpg

HAHAHA SO TACKY. Not at all she frickin looks flawless like AHHHH

and this is a very pleasant pick In my opinion, and maybe its just your taste but its really you against everyone else if you think these looks are basic. 

Edited by BuzzcutSeason

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mars

• JaggedMonster

• darkvenusian

• Joel

Top Posters In This Topic

Pierre

Exactly, thank you.  :classy:

Angelina, Penelope Cruz...

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

freebit

i feel like Versace's dresses aren't all that classy. They're not necessarily basic, but most of them look kinda cheap. If she wants to go extremely classy, she should wear an amazing Elie Saab Gown. Also, none of Versace's dresses seem Oscar-appropriate?

But again, Gaga's loyalties to her friends keep her at mediocre level. 

I do agree Versace is tacky, but...that's is the whole point of them anyway (remember "I dress sluts"?). Their whole aesthetic is bold, fun, and tacky. She's the face of Versace right now though, so it's not even about her and her friends atm. She's obligated, and it's probably one of the main reasons she's going. She can't just show up randomly in Elie Saab, which lol @ that example. Elie Saab is known for being basic, boring and almost bridal, so let's not pretend it's something amazing like old school McQueen. It's only a tad better than Marchesa IMO. Up and coming TV stars wear Saab.

That said, I do hope they customized a dress for her, I wasn't crazy about most of the newest collection, I think Gaga wore the best dress of them all at the show in Paris.

lets start educating you boo

penelope-cruz-oscar-2007_300.jpg

marisa-tomei-09-oscars-white-versace-s.j

jennifer-hudson-oscars-2011-01.jpg

LETS NOT FORGET THE LEGENDARY:

Angelina-Jolie-Versace-Oscars.jpg

I suggest you open a book on fashion history and theory.  Only then you might realize that the fabrics + the silhouettes Donatella Versace "designs" are extremely dated and only worn by wives of Russian millionares who want to appear classy.

There's an aura of bad "nouveau riche" tack surrounding the brand and their aesthetic.

Lady Gaga used to wear amazing contemporary designers such as Alexander McQueen, Hussein Chalayan and Gareth Pugh. She needs to go back to that, or even better, explore more young designers.

Collaborating with Versace makes her appear old and out of the loop. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Vernier

Not the Oscars, but let us not forget one of the most iconic red carpet dresses:

liz-hurley-x_2789341a.jpg

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

SlayedForTheGod

Bitch better pull off a Macy Gray and were a dress with the release date of her next single on it

Do you not see how hot she looks???? and not even just that.

zxo95t.jpg

HAHAHA SO TACKY. Not at all she frickin looks flawless like AHHHH

and this is a very pleasant pick In my opinion, and maybe its just your taste but its really you against everyone else if you think these looks are basic. 

To me, she looks like a rich italian housewife going to the opera. To people with a lesser education that might seem like the pinnacle of culture, but in reality it's quite a faux pas. 

It's not something a contemporary avant-garde pop artist that hangs out with Marina Abramović should wear. 

JaggedMonster

It actually is extremely basic. 

Versace is not contemporary fashion. Gaga needs to stop with this collaboration. 

Elizabeth Hurley says hi..

60170829.jpg

Not the Oscars, but let us not forget one of the most iconic red carpet dresses:

liz-hurley-x_2789341a.jpg

This dress was designed by Gianni Versace. 

Donatella could literally NEVER.

Queen Angie can wear anything and still be the most fabulous woman in the room/world/history. My god the meltdown I will have if Gaga and Angie take a photo together.

JaggedMonster

Bitch better pull off a Macy Gray and were a dress with the release date of her next single on it

:lmao::rip:

freebit

Lady Gaga used to wear amazing contemporary designers such as Alexander McQueen, Hussein Chalayan and Gareth Pugh. She needs to go back to that, or even better, explore more young designers.

Collaborating with Versace makes her appear old and out of the loop. 

Collaborating with them has made her money and got her face in a major ad campaign. :coffee: Let's not. Versace, even when it's not great is still one of the big brands, much like Gucci and Chanel. 

lol, I can't believe we are arguing about this one little appearance she's making like it's the end all be all. WTF