💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

It's not the songs, It's Gaga - Thoughts?

JackMonster

Featured Posts

FrankGutz

If Britney released ARTPOP it would be hailed as iconic and forward-thinking

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stefani328

The media was waiting to see Gaga fail. The repetitive articles made to tear her down and compare her to very other female artists. I mean even credible sources were believing the gossip written about her. Plus, the album reviews that focused more on her as an artist than talking about the subject at hand, which was the music. 

Stefani328

I wish Gaga and her fans wouldn't play the victim card. You talk about Gaga's amazing voice, which she does have, but is that apparent on this album? The whole album is electronic except for Dope, her voice doesn't exactly sound incredible here, it's very computerized and the music is more EDM.

If Gaga makes a real personal album and markets it well it will be a hit. I can't believe people think an album called ARTPOP, that not even Gaga herself could explain the concept to, would be a big success. The cards were stacked against it from the start and then on top of that the promotion was terrible and she fired her manager in the middle of it. It's not the public or the media's fault, this just wasn't a successful album campaign and it didn't give non-fans any good reason to care. It happens to every artist at least once in their career 

So the media shouldn't have any blame for basically tearing the album down from the beginning? I recently looked back at some of the reviews for ARTPOP and I was surprised by how credible journalist spent more time talking about Gaga the artist and the bias against her instead of what they were supposed to be talking about which was the album. Allison also made a good point about how the GP doesn't carry about vocal talent. I really don't even think they care about the quality of the music, it's a popularity contest. I hate when people say if the music was good enough, well there are a lot of songs now that aren't a good quality of music but people just follow the masses and make it a hit. They don't have to have any talent, they just have to have the right formula. I can go down the list.

Sister

The songs just aren't the best on ARTPOP and pretty honestly, people expected more from Gaga since she was on top and highly regarded by the whole entertainment world and were disappointed in the songs. It happens and then Gaga's attitude about it made it ever worse and now she just hides away, making it even worse.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Well I don't think going on a blackout and not releasing a video would work with the GP for many artists.

I don't think it's the songs or Gaga. It's the lack of promo and hype. The era has been a marketing mess. The album sales were lower than we expected but it was actually selling pretty standardly for a pop girl album. Until she decided to disappear again, that is.

For example I think people like Applause and DWUW, but both were under utilised. Applause only got promo in US (and then way later in Japan), and the messy rush release did it no favours. Especially with no radio deal. DWUW ... I don't think we even need to go there lol. The lack of video is insane but I guess something happened we don't know about, so I don't want to blame anyone. The worst part is, the song was starting to take off in places and the reception to it was the most positive a Gaga song had seen in a long time, but then it just fell flat because nothing was done.

Her team haven't maximised the potential of this album, because there are definitely hits on it. And it doesn't matter who it is, if people like the music, they will buy it. That's my opinion anyway.

Agreed. The lack of maximising one's potential, something most of her contemporaries seemingly don't have a problem with, is what holding ARTPOP the most. However, I find that her brand being slowly tarnished ever since Alejandro's music video is a huge factor as well on why it's being quite of an obstacle for her to produce singles with sales reaching past 5 million in the US alone like she used to. I've always believed that promo is meant to negate this unfavourable public image. And with the absence of promo, the more the cons are being highlighted, as reflected by the sales nowadays. 

eamonster123

I wasnt dissappointed with ARTPOP, but i wasnt blown away either. The album has potential though, its just her management and promotions have been really REALLY messy and its affecting her greatly. 

I also think she should stop performing random songs that arent the next single, it confuses the gp and wastes perfectly good promo opportunity

Archived