💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop | J-Pop Club

Taylor

Featured Posts

Yep. Out of print CDs and digital singles are the two most annoying things in K-Pop.

Either I love a song and it's not released physically (or a promo version of it is released and it's like $50 and upwards for a single) or the album I want has sold out and have to pay a ridiculous amount for it.

• Replies 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

It's so annoying when you have to wait for them to come into stock - CD Japan does the same thing.

It's so much quicker and easier when a store just has their own stock and doesn't need to get it from a distributor. 

It is DX I don't want to wait weeks for a cd to just come in stock. Especially when on their site it says it usually ships within 7 days. 

I've actually thought about ordering from CD Japan before.

Pantsu Nugeru Mon | Have Some Bi Rain

Just now, Bi Rain said:

It is DX I don't want to wait weeks for a cd to just come in stock. Especially when on their site it says it usually ships within 7 days. 

I've actually thought about ordering from CD Japan before.

I actually hate CD Japan. I try to avoid it as much as possible.

Every time I order from them I get charged import duty, and it's not cheap. I've had customs bills of $60 from FedEx after getting a parcel from CD Japan numerous times. I always check the box to say that I want it marked as a gift with a low value, but they never do it.

The only time I've used them in about a year was to use their shopping service to get Girl's Days' Japanese single (as it was exclusive to some physical store in Japan). It was on eBay like a week later for a cheaper amount and I probably couldn't have paid customs on the one from eBay either. :rip: 

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

I actually hate CD Japan. I try to avoid it as much as possible.

Every time I order from them I get charged import duty, and it's not cheap. I've had customs bills of $60 from FedEx after getting a parcel from CD Japan numerous times. I always check the box to say that I want it marked as a gift with a low value, but they never do it.

The only time I've used them in about a year was to use their shopping service to get Girl's Days' Japanese single (as it was exclusive to some physical store in Japan). It was on eBay like a week later for a cheaper amount and I probably couldn't have paid customs on the one from eBay either. :rip: 

Oh wow that's expensive. I appreciate you sharing this because I've seen stuff on there I've thought about ordering.

2 minutes ago, Bi Rain said:

Oh wow that's expensive. I appreciate you sharing this because I've seen stuff on there I've thought about ordering.

Yeah, I'd try Amazon Japan instead for Japanese stuff. It's the exact same as normal Amazon, but... in Japan with Japanese stuff! 

6 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Yeah, I'd try Amazon Japan instead for Japanese stuff. It's the exact same as normal Amazon, but... in Japan with Japanese stuff! 

I went ahead and emailed yesasia :toofunny:

Like I want to know now if they aren't able to get the cds. Especially since I noticed on cd japan(when I had looked a day or so ago)  has one of the ones I ordered listed as out of print.  

I am currently 2 CDs (or DVDs/Blu-rays/Photo Books etc.) away from having 400 K-Pop CDs/DVDs/Blu-rays/Photo Books etc. :emma:

I currently have (according to my spreadsheet... I didn't go counting them all :lmao:) 422 CDs (including pre-orders), 24 of which are English and 398 of which are Korean. :emma:

Spoiler

I have a problem... I know.

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I am currently 2 CDs (or DVDs/Blu-rays/Photo Books etc.) away from having 400 K-Pop CDs/DVDs/Blu-rays/Photo Books etc. :emma:

I currently have (according to my spreadsheet... I didn't go counting them all :lmao:) 422 CDs (including pre-orders), 24 of which are English and 398 of which are Korean. :emma:

Reveal hidden contents

I have a problem... I know.

Slay

Are you running out of room for all of them though? XD

18 minutes ago, Bi Rain said:

Slay

Are you running out of room for all of them though? XD

I ran out of room about a year ago haha... Over the summer I spent about two weeks coping all the CDs to my computer, bubble wrapping them and putting them in storage boxes.

Then I think it was about a month ago, I erased the hard drive that had all the CDs on it by accident and had to copy them all again :rip: I just finished a few weeks ago haha

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

I ran out of room about a year ago haha... Over the summer I spent about two weeks coping all the CDs to my computer, bubble wrapping them and putting them in storage boxes.

Then I think it was about a month ago, I erased the hard drive that had all the CDs on it by accident and had to copy them all again :rip: I just finished a few weeks ago haha

Oh wow. I bet that was fun. I would have been so pissed if I did that. :toofunny: 

PopReaper
48 minutes ago, Taylor said:

ANDA predicts her own future...

Reveal hidden contents

Jk... We love you ANDA :heart: 

lmao.gif

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

• Haroon locked, unlocked and pinned this topic
  • Haroon locked and unpinned this topic

Archived