other

The K-Pop | J-Pop Club

Taylor

Featured Posts

RAMROD
15 minutes ago, MARLON BRANDO said:

Girl The Korean Music market alone is bigger than China, the piracy there is the worst in the world

ARTPOP went platinum therw when it sold like 5 million copies:air:

BOA, SNSD and KARA were slaying in Japan in the past, but since 2014 things have been going down for K-POP in Japan, japanese people just got tired of it and prefer their own Japanese groups instead, AKB48 has been #1 group in Japan since 2009 but it's Baby Metal and E-Girls the ones that have Japan's attention right now

plus political conflicts between Japan and Korea have been disastrous for anything korean-related in Japan

Lies. K-Pop is as big as it does in Japan.

Big Bang had 14 dates of MADE World Tour in Japan alone last year and all sold out.

And they are currently doing the second leg there, for another 7 dates until February 24 before closing it in Seoul in March.

On the contrary, AKB48 have been called embarrassing and the shame of Japan by, both, Japanese citizen and fellow entertainers as they were rumored to be one of the performers to open the Japan Summer Olympic Games 2020. Citing AKB is not the image they want the world to have of Japan.

Yes they are big, but so were idol groups before them, example Morning Musume, thanks to faithful fan base and the moe culture. The very culture that fire back at the community themselves. 

In Japan, idolizing AKB and any other idol groups are like idolizing ultimate guilty pleasure.

They won't be taken seriously for that, it's true.

As for Baby Metal, they are good and I am happy for them. Can't wait for their second album this year.

They mainly got spotlight after they are getting many attention in the West.

They had been touring many rock and metal festivals in Europe last year, it helped with their persona back home.

A bit of patriotic feelings for the Japanese, you know.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ...𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒹𝒾𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝒶 𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓁𝑒 (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PoshLife

Well in complete fairness, I know several Koreans myself who not only don't follow KPop, but find it very silly and weird (and frankly they're right :rip: ). Of course there are people in Japan who don't like today's big pop groups, just like there are Koreans who don't like today's KPop and Americans who don't like pop music here either. That doesn't really say anything we didn't already know.

56 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Lies. K-Pop is as big as it does in Japan.

Big Bang had 14 dates of MADE World Tour in Japan alone last year and all sold out.

And they are currently doing the second leg there, for another 7 dates until February 24 before closing it in Seoul in March.

On the contrary, AKB48 have been called embarrassing and the shame of Japan by, both, Japanese citizen and fellow entertainers as they were rumored to be one of the performers to open the Japan Summer Olympic Games 2020. Citing AKB is not the image they want the world to have of Japan.

Yes they are big, but so were idol groups before them, example Morning Musume, thanks to faithful fan base and the moe culture. The very culture that fire back at the community themselves. 

In Japan, idolizing AKB and any other idol groups are like idolizing ultimate guilty pleasure.

They won't be taken seriously for that, it's true.

As for Baby Metal, they are good and I am happy for them. Can't wait for their second album this year.

They mainly got spotlight after they are getting many attention in the West.

They had been touring many rock and metal festivals in Europe last year, it helped with their persona back home.

A bit of patriotic feelings for the Japanese, you know.

even KPOP forums and webs agree that KPOP is dying more and more in Japan with each year

http://www.allkpop.com/forums/discussion/180474/is-kpop-dead-in-japan

http://www.allkpop.com/forums/discussion/252600/snsd-losing-momentum-in-japan

http://www.japantoday.com/category/entertainment/view/has-japans-k-pop-bubble-burst-weakening-yen-hits-major-korean-record-label-hard

plus AKB48 is not as bad as people make it seem to be, yes they are controversial but most of idols and wenstern artists are at some point, plus being open minded like AKB48,  their fans and their label are is better than being homophobic, pretentious and plastic surgery addicted like korean idols are, that's even a worse image if you ask me for their fans and the world, and the AKB48 concept will keep them the popular for a lot of time, I could still see them performing at the olympic games with Utada, Ayumi and Namie Amuro

I mean AKB48 was named and awarded as the most popular Asian Group in CHINA, there is no other better option to sing at the olympic games than the most successful Asian Group Of All Time

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

48 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

Well in complete fairness, I know several Koreans myself who not only don't follow KPop, but find it very silly and weird (and frankly they're right :rip: ). Of course there are people in Japan who don't like today's big pop groups, just like there are Koreans who don't like today's KPop and Americans who don't like pop music here either. That doesn't really say anything we didn't already know.

yeah that's true but KPO used to be HUGE in Japan, you would always see K-POP adds in each corner of Japan for concerts or tv shows, but you don't see that anymore in Japan since 2013

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Home alone watching The Best Live at Tokyo Dome... God I forgot how strange Mr. Mr. sounds in Japanese :emma: 

YCHofficial
23 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Home alone watching The Best Live at Tokyo Dome... God I forgot how strange Mr. Mr. sounds in Japanese :emma: 

Even more strange is that they gave Jessica's part in the 2nd verse to Sunny 

PoshLife

Shine's character on the new web series "Signal" has already died :lmao:

This is the second time her character has died in a series, and the third time she was the love interest at the beginning but not by the end. (she's only been in three series, so that's all of them.)

Her fans (and yes, she does have a growing fanbase) are starting to call her "the nation's first love". I wonder how long the streak will last :emma:

PoshLife
5 minutes ago, PopReaper said:

That's legitimately terrifying. Like how brainwashed are these performers that their only thought is to keep performing. I would actually like them MORE if they stopped performing and helped her.

Though, as usual, the comments below the video are even worse :smh:

PopReaper
Just now, PoshLife said:

That's legitimately terrifying. Like how brainwashed are these performers that their only thought is to keep performing. I would actually like them MORE if they stopped performing and helped her.

Though, as usual, the comments below the video are even worse :smh:

I know like it actually creeped me out. The way the staff came running, dragged her out, and they just kept performing was so :wtf:

And, yeah, the amount of people being ugly/racist in the comments didn't really help either :awkney:

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

10 minutes ago, PopReaper said:

:duck:  i cant fap to these dance moves

seriously though the light show is way too much. is that girl still in the group? is the group still going? :emma: 

I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.

PopReaper
Just now, Luiz said:

:duck:  i cant fap to these dance moves

seriously though the light show is way too much. is that girl still in the group? is the group still going? :emma: 

I don't even think she was part of the group, she's dressed in white like all the other dancers in the back.

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

• Haroon locked, unlocked and pinned this topic
  • Haroon locked and unpinned this topic

Archived