other

The K-Pop | J-Pop Club

Taylor

Featured Posts

PoshLife
1 hour ago, PopReaper said:

Utada Hikaru's father and website deny rumours of her comeback

aramajapan_this-is-the-one-promos-utada-

Earlier this week, rumors surfaced that Utada Hikaru would be making her return to music this coming spring. Sources said that a new album would be released and that songs from the album would have high level tie-ins.

These rumors have proven to be false. Her father, Utada Teruzane, took to Twitter yesterday to dismiss these rumors. He said that she is still continuing with her hiatus, but that she is currently working on music.

Today, a statement was released on Utada’s official site by a label representative. It too denied the rumors. This statement also confirmed that she is working on new material, but that the production is not yet at a level where a release date can be announced. The statement finished by saying that when Utada does return, that it will be announced through her official site, as opposed to the media being the primary source.

SOURCE: ARAMA

---

@PoshLife welp :emma:

The true elusive chanteuse 

• Replies 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AKB48 graduated members came back to AKB48 for their 10th anniversary of the group, it's so good to see Oshima Yuko and Maeda Atsuko together again, they were the sun and moon of the group

10506213.gif

the senbatsu elections between them were always so intense

Oshima Yuko wins the elections and Maeda congratulates her the next year

Maeda Atsuko wins over Yuko and everyone else that year

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

RAMROD
6 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

JYP

And the Wonder Girls~

WE BACK!

wonder-girls-gif.gif

What? Are they still promoting their comeback album or have moved on to new project now?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ WUMBOLOGY! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

PopReaper
6 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

JYP

And the Wonder Girls~

WE BACK!

wonder-girls-gif.gif

iconic :legend:

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

PoshLife
1 hour ago, RAMROD said:

What? Are they still promoting their comeback album or have moved on to new project now?

Just listen to the first ten seconds of the song :laughga: 

This isn't a news item :laughga: 

Spoiler

Taylor "my last name's not Grant" teases 

PopReaper

Hitomitoi's new album The Memory Hotel is really good tbh, probably my fave J-Pop album:

:legend:

PopReaper

K-pop band Oh My Girl mistaken for sex workers in Los Angeles

2d406d2473950dba69b8ab28d96d4542

ALL eight members of a new girl K-pop girl band, travelling for an album cover shoot in the United States, were detained at Los Angeles airport on suspicion that they might be sex workers, their agency.

The eight member band, Oh My Girl, were held for 15 hours on Thursday before being released, after which they flew back to South Korea.

Their agency WM Entertainment released a statement saying the LA immigration authorities had gone through the band’s costumes and props.

“Then, probably because of their young age, they seem to have mistaken them as sex workers,” the statement said, without elaborating.

The agency said it was taking legal advice in the United States as to whether the band’s detention was lawful.

There might also have been an issue with the type of visa the band members were holding, as they were also booked to perform at a gala event in Los Angeles on Saturday.

Oh My Girl was only formed in March this year and released its debut single in April.

South Korea’s K-pop scene, which has been exported with enormous success across Asia and beyond, is dominated by young girl and boy bands whose members are sometimes as young as 13 or 14 years old.

In 2012, the South Korean authorities took steps to curb over-sexualised performances threatening to slap R-ratings on films, music videos and TV shows that placed an exaggerated sexual emphasis on young singers and bands they feature.

SOURCE: NEWS.COM.AU

---

:wtf:

PoshLife
13 minutes ago, PopReaper said:

K-pop band Oh My Girl mistaken for sex workers in Los Angeles

2d406d2473950dba69b8ab28d96d4542

ALL eight members of a new girl K-pop girl band, travelling for an album cover shoot in the United States, were detained at Los Angeles airport on suspicion that they might be sex workers, their agency.

The eight member band, Oh My Girl, were held for 15 hours on Thursday before being released, after which they flew back to South Korea.

Their agency WM Entertainment released a statement saying the LA immigration authorities had gone through the band’s costumes and props.

“Then, probably because of their young age, they seem to have mistaken them as sex workers,” the statement said, without elaborating.

The agency said it was taking legal advice in the United States as to whether the band’s detention was lawful.

There might also have been an issue with the type of visa the band members were holding, as they were also booked to perform at a gala event in Los Angeles on Saturday.

Oh My Girl was only formed in March this year and released its debut single in April.

South Korea’s K-pop scene, which has been exported with enormous success across Asia and beyond, is dominated by young girl and boy bands whose members are sometimes as young as 13 or 14 years old.

In 2012, the South Korean authorities took steps to curb over-sexualised performances threatening to slap R-ratings on films, music videos and TV shows that placed an exaggerated sexual emphasis on young singers and bands they feature.

SOURCE: NEWS.COM.AU

---

:wtf:

That's even less logical...

"We think these girls are being exploited so we're going to have them sit in this room for 10 hours."

Re-victimization tbh.

RAMROD

Which agent are these girls under? 

What kind of unprofessional management.

These things will have never happen to Big 3 artists.

I feel sorry for the girls, must be really exhausting and mortifying.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ WUMBOLOGY! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

PoshLife
On November 27, 2015 at 9:23 AM, PoshLife said:

jakku wi araero heundeullineun naaaa
Why don’t you know, don’t you know, don’t you knowwwww

153uvs9.gif

I was about to post these same lyrics with this same gif and was like "wait, I think I've done this before :emma: "

• Haroon locked, unlocked and pinned this topic
  • Haroon locked and unpinned this topic

Archived