other

The K-Pop | J-Pop Club

Taylor

Featured Posts

• Replies 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PoshLife

Holy crap, the lyrics to "B Who I Want 2 B" are even weirder than I realized.

I thought "Tokyo Pygmalion" was "Tokyo will be my love" :toofunny:

What the crap is up with these lyrics... references to Pygmalion, Ulysses, Babylon... these are almost as deep as the "FM" lyrics :lmao:

And thanks to looking up the lyrics, I finally get what they're singing at the end. It's all in English but they're singing different words over each other so it was hard to decipher. At least for me :giggle:

PoshLife

There are more boys in those two groups than I saw while I was actually in Korea :smh: Where do these twinks even come from?

PopReaper

There are more boys in those two groups than I saw while I was actually in Korea :smh: Where do these twinks even come from?

What did you think the factory in the Dumb Dumb MV was? :ray:

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

PoshLife

What did you think the factory in the Dumb Dumb MV was? :ray:

I just thought that was the mega-computer that writes all kpop songs :fan:

PopReaper

I just thought that was the mega-computer that writes all kpop songs :fan:

If that's true then someone needs to hack it so it writes some new songs for Wings and CHI CHI

the-selena-gomez-crying-meme-is-literall

PopReaper

Siwon confirms his stance against same-s-x marriage

siwom-davis-650x537.png

On September 11th, Siwon retweeted various messages in light of the recent Davis case about same-s-x marriage in the United States.

Known for expressing his opinions against same-s-x marriage in the past, the Super Junior member retweeted a news article as well as two Biblical passages to confirm his position on the controversial matter.

When previously asked about s-xually ambiguous roles the actor revealed, “I will respectfully refuse any such offers. While I respect all genders, I do not wish to acknowledge homos-xuals as I have been taught that God created Man and Woman with specific characteristics and duties. I realize that with globalization, there are many [entertainers] who do not share my views. There are those who are value-oriented and those who are success-oriented. However shouldn’t an actor deliver an image to his audience through roles he chooses to portray, based on his beliefs in life?”

The recent case revolves around Kim Davis, a Kentucky county clerk who refused to issue same-s-x marriage licenses. She was ordered to jail last Thursday but has been released this Tuesday on September 8th. She insisted that issuing these licenses was against her religious beliefs and therefore refused to do so.

SOURCE: Koreaboo

PoshLife

I wonder what Siwon thinks about Kim Davis' FOUR MARRIAGES - divorce being, of course, prohibited in the Bible just as gay marriage is. How hypocritical of her, and of him for supporting her (hypocrisy is also frowned upon in the Bible). I'm glad I'm not a fan of Super Junior (whose recent releases have been so bad it's criminal) else I'd be even more grossed out at this guy than I already am.

But this points out another oddity of kpop - a large part of their worldwide success lays squarely in the hands of LGBT fans and straight fans who support LGBT rights. Yet Korea is so far behind the Western world on that issue. They take us for granted tbh.

PopReaper

I may or may not have posted a troll thread about this on OH. :rip:

links pls :lmao:

PopReaper

"He has gay friends tho... He didn't mean it like that"

Not someone using the ugly homophobic cousin of "But I have black friends, I'm not racist!" :wtf:

• Haroon locked, unlocked and pinned this topic
  • Haroon locked and unpinned this topic

Archived