💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Maybe I'm pressed but

Ascetic

Featured Posts

Obviously the foundation has volunteers and support from other organizations. Her organization doesn't need to do many charity events as she is the main source of income. But usually foundations that don't have such large income must do charity events all the time. BTWF has participated in many events to support other small organizations and causes.

btw she is not alone on it.

The foundation has three partners

THREE.

The Gates foundation (since it was brought up earlier), has five main partners, the combined partners of Microsoft and other technological support, several private partners, as well as backing from the WHO.

She needs to take the foundation more seriously and back it with credible partners that will help it expand. The bus could be more than a single bus. There are HUNDREDS of possibilities. Yet she's stuck with the mundane one.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Batwings

Actually no, the post was to be further explained since I was going to quote multiple people since multiple people are bashing me for the same thing, so I'm trying to spread the answers as thin as possible to encompass it.

Her wealth in and of itself shows that she has power, but why does she never use it for her actions?

You can bubble it up all you like, but other than music, she has to somehow seek compensation for some of these ideas she has, and she can't depend on fans always

My main criticism stems from her not being backed by larger organizations, or even many smaller ones, and not partnering up and spreading the message

Instead, she constantly chooses to confine it to her fans

This bus could be out doing more and more things in more areas with more stations, yet, it's not

Don't forget about her partnership with Office Max to sell BTWF school supplies. She HAS done some branching out.

And honestly, I'm not trying to be mean here, but the reason people are "bashing" you is because 1) you didn't explain your original point well, and 2) you acted smug and condescending whenever someone tried to correct you or explain how charities work. I mean, come on, you just compared the BTWF to the Gates Foundation... 

Don't forget about her partnership with Office Max to sell BTWF school supplies. She HAS done some branching out.

And honestly, I'm not trying to be mean here, but the reason people are "bashing" you is because 1) you didn't explain your original point well, and 2) you acted smug and condescending whenever someone tried to correct you or explain how charities work. I mean, come on, you just compared the BTWF to the Gates Foundation...

Why would I do that when a forum is designed to present an initial thesis and then discuss it with support while counter-arguments are made? That's not only the best way to develop as a writer, but also a debater

And the Gates Foundation example was because the other poster brought it up, so to keep it fluid, I used it as a counter example to the example itself. :fan:

DrewStevens

The foundation has three partners

THREE.

The Gates foundation (since it was brought up earlier), has five main partners, the combined partners of Microsoft and other technological support, several private partners, as well as backing from the WHO.

She needs to take the foundation more seriously and back it with credible partners that will help it expand. The bus could be more than a single bus. There are HUNDREDS of possibilities. Yet she's stuck with the mundane one.

Are you comparing Bill Gate's power with Lady Gaga's power?  :toofunny:

The Gates Foundation was founded in 1997 while BTWF is a 3 years old foundation created by a pop star with 3 years of career.

Batwings

Why would I do that when a forum is designed to present an initial thesis and then discuss it with support while counter-arguments are made? That's not only the best way to develop as a writer, but also a debater

And the Gates Foundation example was because the other poster brought it up, so to keep it fluid, I used it as a counter example to the example itself. :fan:

... I'm just going to go to bed now... There's no point in continuing this massive circle jerk...

Good luck with your "debate" and "writing development"...

Are you comparing Bill Gate's power with Lady Gaga's power? :toofunny:

The Gates Foundation was founded in 1997 while BTWF is a 3 years old foundation created by a pop star with 3 years of career.

It's like none of you read the other posts on other pages :toofunny:

How are you going to be informed of a conversation if you aren't looking at the points presented :toofunny:

... I'm just going to go to bed now... There's no point in continuing this massive circle jerk...

Good luck with your "debate" and "writing development"...

You can call me smug, but you can't deny the fact that little support by the opposition was presented :fan:

MonsterMum

It's like none of you read the other posts on other pages :toofunny:

How are you going to be informed of a conversation if you aren't looking at the points presented :toofunny:

You can call me smug, but you can't deny the fact that little support by the opposition was presented :fan:

Because your points presented are flawed thus people react on your flaws.

Because your points presented are flawed thus people react on your flaws.

The fact that the BTWF is a small organization with little support from other organization as well as little activism for something created by a mega-star like Lady Gaga who entices fans for donations instead of getting donations for the idea of the cause or reminding people that it exists? Or the fact that she has yet to expand the organization or have her mom work to expand the organization in more Southern and conservative states where those fans could benefit the most from it, or even the mid-west? OR the fact it's still one bus, and not several running across a similar region with an organized headquarters based at the Haus?

I'm confused as to the flaws being presented other than them being flaws in the organization :wtf:

MoneyFameSex

She should do a Kickstarter for the Do What U Want video. The biggest donor can choose how many months it will be delayed before canceling ARTPOP altogether.

OMG I'm ****ing screaming

Whispering

Her wealth in and of itself shows that she has power, but why does she never use it for her actions?

You can bubble it up all you like, but other than music, she has to somehow seek compensation for some of these ideas she has, and she can't depend on fans always

My main criticism stems from her not being backed by larger organizations, or even many smaller ones, and not partnering up and spreading the message

Instead, she constantly chooses to confine it to her fans

The organization is just two years old. It is in its beginning stages.

The foundation works with a number of partners, including the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, The California Endowment and the Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University.

The foundation's original funding included $1.2 million from Gaga, $500,000 from the MacArthur Foundation, and $850,000 from Barneys New York. The BTWF works in partnership with the Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University, the MacArthur Foundation, the California Endowment and, as lead media partner, Viacom. In July 2012, the BTWF partnered with Office Depot, which will donate 25% of the sales-a minimum of $1million-of a series of limited edition back-to-school products that promote the foundation's message.

The organization is just two years old. It is in its beginning stages.

The foundation's original funding included $1.2 million from Gaga, $500,000 from the MacArthur Foundation, and $850,000 from Barneys New York. The BTWF works in partnership with the Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University, the MacArthur Foundation, the California Endowment and, as lead media partner, Viacom. In July 2012, the BTWF partnered with Office Depot, which will donate 25% of the sales-a minimum of $1million-of a seriesh of limited edition back-to-school products that promote the foundation's message.

As of now the foundation only has three listed partners on the site (located at the bottom)

The rest are no longer partners/not supporting the foundation explicitly (other than Office Depot, which again, is relying on fans spending money there to donate it to the foundation)

I'd like to know if the amount was reached for starters

Also, why hasn't she reached out/partnered up with the likes of GLAAD, HRC, GLMA, or NYAC

Even the NOH8 campaign would be great for the foundation

I'm just kind of sick of the "it means so much to me I hope you love it" mentality when she throws something at us and then leaves it like that

Things change, and the fact that she hardly talks about it anymore is discouraging

Even if it isn't in the media, it should be something circulating on Gay sites/sites spreading equality and I don't see that happen

The only time I see it mentioned is if she happens to mention it or if someone states how much better than Katy Perry she is and the impact she's had

A mile deep in thoughts but an inch deep in actions.

Whispering

The thing is that she has so much cash and always says that she's doing things for the fans, yet things like this prove her wrong

She should be able to support and fund this on her own

Gaga donated the proceeds of her January 24, 2010 concert at New York's Radio City Music Hall to the Haiti earthquake reconstruction relief fund. All profits from her official online store on that day were also donated. Gaga announced that an estimated total of US$500,000 was collected for the fund. Gaga pledged to donate $1 million to the American Red Cross to help the victims of Hurricane Sandy.

Gaga partnered with Virgin Mobile on her Monster Ball national tour offering premium VIP tickets to fans who volunteer their time to homeless youth organizations, which raised more than $80,000 in proceeds to support homeless youth, and generated 30,000 hours of community service for hundreds of charities across the country.

There are many more examples of Gaga giving back to society and to her fans...

Your point is the one that has little support...

Gaga donated the proceeds of her January 24, 2010 concert at New York's Radio City Music Hall to the Haiti earthquake reconstruction relief fund. All profits from her official online store on that day were also donated. Gaga announced that an estimated total of US$500,000 was collected for the fund. Gaga pledged to donate $1 million to the American Red Cross to help the victims of Hurricane Sandy.

Gaga partnered with Virgin Mobile on her Monster Ball national tour offering premium VIP tickets to fans who volunteer their time to homeless youth organizations, which raised more than $80,000 in proceeds to support homeless youth, and generated 30,000 hours of community service for hundreds of charities across the country.

There are many more examples of Gaga giving back to society and to her fans...

This just goes to show what Gaga does and achieves. :)

Whispering

As of now the foundation only has three listed partners on the site (located at the bottom)

The rest are no longer partners/not supporting the foundation explicitly (other than Office Depot, which again, is relying on fans spending money there to donate it to the foundation)

I'd like to know if the amount was reached for starters

Also, why hasn't she reached out/partnered up with the likes of GLAAD, HRC, GLMA, or NYAC

Even the NOH8 campaign would be great for the foundation

"The BTWF works in partnership with the Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University, the MacArthur Foundation, the California Endowment and, as lead media partner, Viacom."

^^Three of the four original partnerships are still listed as partners. Viacom could have been a one time contributor or could have had to drop out due to funding problems inside its organization. It happens.

Why do you "need to know" what amount was reached? Is this foundation personally costing you money? You don't have to donate, you know?

The LGBT organizations above are in the midst of looking for their own funding, not in the position to donate millions to others.

However, Gaga has donated her time and resources to several of the above listed organizations in the past and will undoubtedly continue to do so in the future.

Also, there were over ten organizations that are listed as support, including some of the types you listed above:

http://bornthiswayfoundation.org/bus/virtual

The economy sucks. Charitable organizations are hurting and businesses are having to cut back on their funding to these organizations. These foundations are having to find new, creative ways to raise funds for their organizations. I would imagine that the BTWF is finding itself in the same situation as most charitable organizations in this economy.

Archived