Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Maybe I'm pressed but

Ascetic

Featured Posts

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DrewStevens

I'm wondering how someone with a net worth of over 200m in assets that isn't a house or liquidated still needs to depend on fan donations instead of larger organizations to sustain a small housed organization :emma:

You seem to not understand what a charity is. This is just an oportunity to get MORE MONEY, the foundation doesn't depend on donations. Again this event was created to get EXTRA MONEY, NOT ONLY HER MONEY.

You guys are thinking one step below what I am asking

How does she not have multiple organizations/LGBT/human rights corporations/groups behind her, or hasn't at least branched out to conduct some sort of formal business

Yet again, her thinking she can do everything herself :emma:

Because she was bullied as a kid and thinks the bullying that others are doing needs to stop!

How does she not have multiple organizations/LGBT/human rights corporations/groups behind her, or hasn't at least branched out to conduct some sort of formal business

Ehhh, I kind of have to agree with this. While I don't think asking for donations is wrong, I do agree that she could be making the Born This Way Foundation much bigger than it is.

Batwings

I'm wondering how someone with a net worth of over 200m in assets that isn't a house or liquidated still needs to depend on fan donations instead of larger organizations to sustain a small housed organization :emma:

You do realize that charities solicit donations, right? Sure, Gaga could fully fund the organization herself, but refusing to accept donations would be stupid, as every contribution helps. And what exactly is so terrible about asking for donations FOR A CHARITY that HELPS PEOPLE? 

Not all charitable organizations are connected, nor do all similar charities work with/support one another.

In your earlier post I quoted, didn't you criticize her for not fully funding the foundation herself?

Gaga has put a lot of her personal money into the BTW Foundation.  It is also supported by individuals like any charity.  The foundation is there to help people, which is why Gaga and her mother started it.  It is Gaga's nature to help people, and this is one of the many ways she does.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Robotboy

she is asking monsters who are rich to contribute to the BTWB foundation, and one of them will get to meet her. you guys just like being negative about whatever she does :yes:

she herself has donated millions.

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

Ehhh, I kind of have to agree with this. While I don't think asking for donations is wrong, I do agree that she could be making the Born This Way Foundation much bigger than it is.

The concept is great, but her execution is poor

The funding could be constant from other sources/organizations, and so that way, fans can trust her that the bus will be coming back

She's a powerful woman who knows some of the most powerful people in various industries, and there's no way that she cannot use that power to her advantage like everyone else does.

drinkmytears

Not really

Why are people so afraid when someone calls her out on her hypocrisy? It's not the first time, nor will this be the last

:ohwell:

This isn't hypocrisy. This is a fundraiser. We aren't donating to Gaga, we are donating to her charity. You can donate to Bill Gates foundation and he's a billionaire. She's not being a hypocrite, you're just being stupid and naive.

I know, I'm just explaining that she isn't wrong doing this, she's being realistic.

Oh, I see! 

in an ideal world we would all donate with no rewards but most people are materialistic that's not Gaga's fault.

She should do a Kickstarter for the Do What U Want video. The biggest donor can choose how many months it will be delayed before canceling ARTPOP altogether.

She should do a Kickstarter for the Do What U Want video. The biggest donor can choose how many months it will be delayed before canceling ARTPOP altogether.

What? This makes no sense at all.

You do realize that charities solicit donations, right? Sure, Gaga could fully fund the organization herself, but refusing to accept donations would be stupid, as every contribution helps. And what exactly is so terrible about asking for donations FOR A CHARITY that HELPS PEOPLE?

Not all charitable organizations are connected, nor do all similar charities work with/support one another.

In your earlier post I quoted, didn't you criticize her for not fully funding the foundation herself?

Actually no, the post was to be further explained since I was going to quote multiple people since multiple people are bashing me for the same thing, so I'm trying to spread the answers as thin as possible to encompass it.

Her wealth in and of itself shows that she has power, but why does she never use it for her actions?

You can bubble it up all you like, but other than music, she has to somehow seek compensation for some of these ideas she has, and she can't depend on fans always

My main criticism stems from her not being backed by larger organizations, or even many smaller ones, and not partnering up and spreading the message

Instead, she constantly chooses to confine it to her fans

This bus could be out doing more and more things in more areas with more stations, yet, it's not

DrewStevens

Obviously the foundation has volunteers and support from other organizations. Her organization doesn't need to do many charity events as she is the main source of income. But usually foundations that don't have such large income must do charity events all the time. BTWF has participated in many events to support other small organizations and causes.

btw she is not alone on it. 

This isn't hypocrisy. This is a fundraiser. We aren't donating to Gaga, we are donating to her charity. You can donate to Bill Gates foundation and he's a billionaire. She's not being a hypocrite, you're just being stupid and naive.

Oh, I see!

in an ideal world we would all donate with no rewards but most people are materialistic that's not Gaga's fault.

Read my post to the other user because I'm not even going to bother addressing the same point :ohwell:

DrewStevens

I don't want to attack you or anything like that, but you seem to have no idea of how foundations work, that makes me think that you are not part of any.

Archived