Maybe I'm pressed but

Ascetic

Featured Posts

DrewStevens

Oh it´s for BTWF

So ARTPOP copies = BTWF ??

I don´t think so, they are differents things

:)

The OP doesn't say that. It says that Gaga earns more money with donations than with ARTPOP copies.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were supposedly 10 golden tickets in random copies of ARTPOP. Her official newsletter released the news, and Gaga tweeted about it. No tickets were found though, so who knows if it actually was true.

That didn't motivate people? :giveup:

DrewStevens

She's not a charity case, it kind of disappoints me, because in essence, she's not giving back to the fans for free

They're paying for it :/

People shouldn't earn ANYTHING from charity. This prize in an incentive. 

If she is asking for donations for Born This Way Foundation, then I think that's okay. It's not like Gaga or her mom can donate all their  time and money to the cause. They need money to live too and need to have some down/personal time as well... Sorry, but it seems like some of you are acting like she is asking for personal donations for herself only and not for a cause that's helping those who have been bullied and are being bullied... 

BTWF even has a charity auction up on eBay for her wardrobe from the one photo shoot. 

That's what charities and their representatives do: they ask for money, have charity events/auctions, etc... 

People shouldn't earn ANYTHING from charity. This prize in an incentive.

The thing is that she has so much cash and always says that she's doing things for the fans, yet things like this prove her wrong

She should be able to support and fund this on her own

Instead of funding the creation of something dumb like Volantis, she could have put that money towards the bus.

drinkmytears

People shouldn't earn ANYTHING from charity. This prize in an incentive. 

Well, realistically that isn't going to happen. Most money isn't donated anonymously or with no reward. Gaga has donated items, she's making no money off of this, and people are bidding on them/buying them to give 100% of the money to her charity.

The thing is that she has so much cash and always says that she's doing things for the fans, yet things like this prove her wrong

Instead of funding the creation of something dumb like Volantis, she could have put that money towards the bus.

...this is so ignorant

Well, realistically that isn't going to happen. Most money isn't donated anonymously or with no reward. Gaga has donated items, she's making no money off of this, and people are bidding on them/buying them to give 100% of the money to her charity.

...this is so ignorant

Not really

Why are people so afraid when someone calls her out on her hypocrisy? It's not the first time, nor will this be the last

:ohwell:

Batwings

Please tell me this thread is a joke and not full of people who have no idea how charities actually work...

She's soliciting donations for the Born This Way Foundation, a charity. She is not soliciting donations for herself to buy a new yacht.

MelbHawker

Why are people so afraid when someone calls her out on her hypocrisy? 

So.. are you saying that asking for donations for her non-profit organisation is hypocritical of her because she earns a lot of money?

:excuseme: 

Please tell me this thread is a joke and not full of people who have no idea how charities actually work...

She's soliciting donations for the Born This Way Foundation, a charity. She is not soliciting donations for herself to buy a new yacht.

My thoughts exactly. How can people be so stupid? 

DrewStevens

Every foundation in world asks for donations or they make events to get funds. She maintains the foundation since 2011 and she never asked for something like this. The page Prizeo is sponsoring this event to get more attention on the web, which I think is good since people only gives when they get something. Not many artists own a foundation, normally they support a foundation with some money, but in this case she has to pay almost everything.

Maybe she has a lot of money and she "wastes her money" in crazy stuff but she is always doing something.

Not really

Why are people so afraid when someone calls her out on her hypocrisy? It's not the first time, nor will this be the last

:ohwell:

There is no hypocrisy.  It is strictly for charity.  Gaga makes nothing from this and she is donating her time.   Read this:

https://www.prizeo.com/prizes/lady-gaga/an-intimate-family-dinner-in-NYC?utm_content=gaga&utm_campaign=ladygaga&

I live outside the space time continuum.

So.. are you saying that asking for donations for her non-profit organisation is hypocritical of her because she earns a lot of money?

:excuseme:

I'm wondering how someone with a net worth of over 200m in assets that isn't a house or liquidated still needs to depend on fan donations instead of larger organizations to sustain a small housed organization :emma:

DrewStevens

...this is so ignorant

I know, I'm just explaining that she isn't wrong doing this, she's being realistic.

Every foundation in world asks for donations or they make events to get funds. She maintains the foundation since 2011 and she never asked for something like this. The page Prizeo is sponsoring this event to get more attention on the web, which I think is good since people only gives when they get something. Not many artists own a foundation, normally they support a foundation with some money, but in this case she has to pay almost everything.

Maybe she has a lot of money and she "wastes her money" in crazy stuff but she is always doing something.

You guys are thinking one step below what I am asking

How does she not have multiple organizations/LGBT/human rights corporations/groups behind her, or hasn't at least branched out to conduct some sort of formal business

Yet again, her thinking she can do everything herself :emma:

Archived