💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

KP's Dark Horse music video reminds me why she'll never be Gaga

GHGUY

Featured Posts

Just saw KP's Dark Horse music video, and it was so cheap and tacky that it was torture watching it the first time. 

But what it really got me thinking was that it solidified Gaga's place in the music industry as being in a league of her own. There were threads earlier talking about how KP might replace Gaga and how she is obtaining legendary status... for a second I was afraid it may have been true. But after watching the music video it reminded me that what separate Gaga from not just KP but others like Miley and Rihanna and Britney is that Gaga will never sacrifice her artistic integrity for cheap sales.

Even though Alejandro sparked controversy during the peak of Gaga's fame, Gaga released something so controversial because it was a bold statement and it was working towards a cause of bestowing equal rights to all diverse groups/minorities in America. Gaga could have released another Telephone, but instead she released Alejandro that is so rich in its symbolism and imagery and also produced a bold statement that got ppl thinking whether they liked it or not.

Even at the height of her career she released BTW which again worked towards a cause of equal rights for not just LGBT community but anyone who felt disenfranchised (yes, I said it) when she could have released something like TF or TFM and remained popular for the GP trying to spark change in society

On top of that her music videos (even TEOG) are always well thought out and have an artistic integrity to them that never errs on tacky or cheap, unlike music videos like Katy Perry's Dark Horse that had no artistic message that quite frankly ruined Ancient Egyptian culture and mythology for me. 

Therefore, I think that Gaga should be proud that she never sold out to the GP just for popularity and sales and instead worked towards something bigger, even if it took a hit in her popularity with the GP. Anyone else agree? Sorry about this wordy post. 

In case you were wondering:

Dark Horse 

http://www.vevo.com/watch/USUV71400083

Alejandro 

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Lady+Gaga+Alejandro&sm=3

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think it's misguided to think that every artist out there is aspiring to be or emulate gaga and gaga's career model. she'll never be gaga because she is katy perry.

Battle 4 Ur Life

Gaga needs to hurry with the editing!!! It's her chance to get that throne back!!! She has no competition whatsoever and the standards have never been this low...It's now or never!

Thank you Katy!

:toofunny:

:party:

GAGA, please don't screw up...

“Stupid Love aged like Macallan tho”

I completely agree and I can't wait for the Katy stans to get here  :redface:

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

Just saw KP's Dark Horse music video, and it was so cheap and tacky that it was torture watching it the first time. 

But what it really got me thinking was that it solidified Gaga's place in the music industry as being in a league of her own. There were threads earlier talking about how KP might replace Gaga and how she is obtaining legendary status... for a second I was afraid it may have been true. But after watching the music video it reminded me that what separate Gaga from not just KP but others like Miley and Rihanna and Britney is that Gaga will never sacrifice her artistic integrity for cheap sales.

Except that she told fans to buy as many versions of the same single as they could, and prove it with the receipts, for which she would give the winner a prize. I'm sorry, but as much as I love Gaga, she has stooped very low in the past. She is a much better artist than all those girls you mentioned, and she produces much better quality material overall, but I'm just trying to keep a little perspective here: she clearly does care about the bling/sales/charts as much as the music. 

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Archived