Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

Will you ever forgive Gaga

carrot stick

Featured Posts

Her music, she does as she pleases... or as told to by Interscope. 

I generally like most of the songs on her albums and don't care for critical acclaim or whether the general public buy her music her, where she sits on the charts etc... 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I'm just a passionate Gaga fan, unlike you obviously. Dance In The Dark is an amazing song and could have been iconic. The GP hardly even know Alejandro. I wish Gaga had of listened to us fans when she made the decision.

Don't get me wrong. I ADORE that song. Dance in the ****ing Dark was THE perfect opening song for the Monster Ball, with the epic intro, solid message, and retro classy sound. Not to mention the quite possible reference to Bruce Springsteen's Dancing In the Dark and twisting it into a powerful female empowering song. It's been years though. I felt that her visuals for her tour made up for ditd not being a single.

🖤 𖤓 ♠︎

Don't get me wrong. I ADORE that song. Dance in the ****ing Dark was THE perfect opening song for the Monster Ball, with the epic intro, solid message, and retro classy sound. Not to mention the quite possible reference to Bruce Springsteen's Dancing In the Dark and twisting it into a powerful female empowering song. It's been years though. I felt that her visuals for her tour made up for ditd not being a single.

Agreed. Seeing it performed at the Monster Ball did the song justice. Sure, most people would have loved a video, but that performance, that silhouette... was everything!

MonsterOfSpain

Alejandro > Dance In The Dark

Maybe I'm just a passionate Gaga fan, unlike you obviously. Dance In The Dark is an amazing song and could have been iconic. The GP hardly even know Alejandro. I wish Gaga had of listened to us fans when she made the decision. 

Alejandro it's one of her biggest hits in Europe and Spanish speaking countries. It peaked within the top 5 on the Billboard Hot 100 and sold more than 2 million copies.

So yes, people know about Alejandro. If you ask people in Spain to tell you a Gaga song title, they'll probably say Alejandro too.

Interlude

'Originally, "Dance in the Dark" was planned to be released as the third single from The Fame Monster, as a preference of Gaga's record label. The singer's own choice, "Alejandro", initially saw poor reception in terms of radio play, thereby was not seen as a viable choice for a single. A quarrel then arose between Gaga and her label where "Alejandro" was ultimately chosen to be released.' 

Woops..  :smh:

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

MonsterOfSpain

And also I don't consider I have to forgive her for any bad decisions she's ever made (not this one), it's her ****ing career.

Runway

Alejandro is the better song and considering it just hit 200 million views, the GP is more than aware of its existance

iTSLAp4UiEcrQ.gif

Alejandro is an amazing song. So is DITD, but I think it wouldn't have done as well as Alejandro. 

Oh, and I wont forgive her if Venus isn't a single. That will be truly inexcusable. 

Archived