💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Not a joke: In the industry/GP mindset, did katy perry replace lady G?

leoj

Featured Posts

This isn't a joke thread, or a OH GAGA SUCKS SHE SHOULD DO X THING AND NOT X THING thread..

but I have noticed.. althought gaga is still gaga to me.. and still the great performer she was when she started.. although less dramatic maybe? She is not.. at the limelight anymore.. and one can say that maybe her being away from the GP affected this.. but could it be that it was OTHER artists that affected her stature in the industry? Or in the eyes of the GP?

There was a time when gaga was the only pop star getting #1 afer #1 on the pop charts.. she raced to 6 straight #1s from just dance to telephone.. and skipped one with alejandro, then jumped into another #1 with born this way.. giving her 7/8 records going #1 on the pop chart.. all of which sold at least 4? million world wide..

there was also a time where she was the only one doing theatrical performances.. epic entrances.. epic videos..

everyone else was average, including katy and even rihanna.....

today it's the opposite.. gaga can get top 10 hits.. on pop.. but she cannot touch.. katy perry..

katy has had 11 #1 hits on pop.. and if she keeps going.. she will be the biggest radio name ever.. in terms of numbers of #1 hits..

katy is very close to be considered a chart legend..

she is the one now getting effortless #1 after #1 hits..

she is the one with the CUTE OH MY GOSH outfits..

she is the one with the.. EPIC THEATRICAL PERFORMANCES..

it doesn't help either.. that katy perry basically launched her most successful era to date.. with prism.. OUT OF NOWHERE.. when gaga was just barely even in the lime light(and that gaga's management completely ****ed up ARTPOP).. katy's songs were being spun endlessly with wide awake and part of me.. still kind of alive early 2013..

but gaga is still gaga.. I think her dissappearing act for all of 2012.. killed her power.. and her label mudering born this way imo also affected it..

what do you guys think?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna get my post in here before the locking

1kKr7t3.gif

EDIT: I didnt even read it lol sorry. But no I dont think so I think they can coexist.

Princess Die

Some cheap copy can never replace the original.

Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❤

EdgeofTeeth

I don't think she replaced Gaga because she isn't what Gaga was in TF/TFM eras, but she's definitely bigger right now.

Noooooot even close

Katy will never be the girl with iconic controversial hits, fashion, interviews, persona etc. etc.

With Katy it's just about the cheesy music videos and the generic songs. She's not famous for the aura she portrays, unlike the one and only Gaga.

No. Katy will never gross the amount Gaga can touring, will never have the ability to write a #1 single without 6 additional writers, hasn't developed choreography, and follows her label blindly. Bonnie McKee is coming for her weave, bookmark me. That girl is going to churn out more hits than you'll be able to count. By that time, Katy will be in the same position as Gaga is now, and Gaga will have evolved. Katy has yet to do that.

aaronyoji

honestly, this will always happen to katy because she is like clay, molded to cater to the mainstream, straight guys, and young kids. i dont think any one has thought that katy is the new gaga, they have both been aligned next to each other in pop, gaga has her place and katy has hers. i think the gp has accepted that. 

No she didn't REPLACE Gaga but Katy is much bigger now.

I think katy is currently one of the biggest chart artists in history..

in terms of impact... I don't think she has much interms of influence.. I think gaga changed the game.. but katy ran away with it......

JustPokeHerFace

I think that if Katy gets 30 more number ones in her career and Gaga never gets another, Lady Gaga will still be Lady Gaga. People are starting to appreciate her risk taking a little bit. Her talent as a performer distinguishes her from her peers as well. When Gaga was huge back in 2009-2011/2012, it wasn't just because of the new sound and ideas she brought with her; it was more than that. She also brought back a type of stage charisma and persona that was reminiscent of the likes of Michael Jackson and Madonna. In addition, Gaga's hit songs are iconic (BR, PF, BTW, ect.) and are still enjoyed and remembered after a couple years after they were released. 

Archived