Is Lady Gaga the real RedOne?

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ladle Ghoulash

This is exactly my thought! :yes:

Most generic productions you may be listening to on radio are his. Many Pitbull songs, Nicki Minaj StarShips, JL Live it Up etc.

But, I feel like a lot of those are reflections of the fact that the artists he's working with don't have as distinct of a vision as Gaga (going back to my original point)

VforVendetta

But, I feel like a lot of those are reflections of the fact that the artists he's working with don't have as distinct of a vision as Gaga (going back to my original point)

I agree but he worked also with Cher, a legendary artist and his productions were very disappointing. :yes: Someone thay made a song like Bad Romance would never make so many bad and cheap songs in my opinion.

VforVendetta

I kind of agree. RedOne would have never come up with a song like Bad Romance or Scheiße for an artist like Nicki Minaj or Jennifer Lopez. And that's because those two are NOT like Lady Gaga. Gaga likes to be involved 200% in her work, while other popstars do this and that, but the producers are the ones who create most of the song.

I'm not saying this is how they all work, because we're not there to see the process. But I agree that Gaga is the one with all of these ideas, and RedOne creates the beats and stuff, but Gaga decides what to do with those sounds. I remember this video of Gaga saying how RedOne was creating the beat for Scheiße and she said it reminded her of these Berlin clubs she went to, so they wrote the song based on that. RedOne KIND OF used this same beat or structure for Swallow My Bullet by Porcelain Black. I'm not saying he recycled Scheiße, I'm just saying that since he was involved in both songs, he may have wanted to do something like that for other artist, but it's not the same thing.

I think it's obvious that Lady Gaga is becoming more and more involved in the production of her music, and I agree that she was probably the key to Poker Face, Bad Romance, Judas and Scheiße's sound, but RedOne is also the one who helped get those ideas out and put them in the song.

Venus, on the other hand, I see that it's one of ARTPOP's highlight songs (not mine, though) but I see why people love it. I agree that it's a great song, and an amazing debut for Gaga as a solo producer.

And it's not just RedOne, look at what DJ White Shadow, Fernando Garibay and Madeon produced with Gaga, it's not what they usually do, and this is because of Gaga's vision and ideas. I think it's like a 50% and 50%.

I think that with RedOne it feels like 90% Gaga and 10% RedOne tbh. :yes: With the other producers you can see their personalities in their productions with Gaga even if their work with her is much different. With RedOne it actually feels like it's only Gaga with the experience is a producer like RedOne.

Better Day

I agree but he worked also with Cher, a legendary artist and his productions were very disappointing. :yes: Someone thay made a song like Bad Romance would never make so many bad and cheap songs in my opinion.

Even the version of The Greatest Thing that leaked with Gaga in it sounded cheap even with Gaga in it

Together You And I!

Gaga probably just started learning under him and he naturally influenced her. I love their work together. 

RedOne isn't all bad either. His pop dance isn't too great, but I like his latin music a lot. 

geopang

... Compare Venus to Bad Romance, Alejandro, Pokerface, and Scheiße. The productions are def more crisp, clean, fuller, higher quality than the solo production of Gaga's Venus. He definitely knows what hes doing as a producer and when you put him with Gaga they make epic songs

I can't believe all the RedOne hate, especially since (yes, with Gaga) he made some of her greatest songs. He translated her vision and ideas to life. Don't discredit him. 

His productions are generally amazing. His ideas aren't always solid, but Gaga's production was messy, but her ideas were great. I think it's entirely 50/50. 

Also, RedOne wasn't a huge producer until after Gaga and he had put out their work. So calling him basic isn't fair, because he changed sounds for each artist he has worked with. I think he is overall a very impressive producer. Not saying I like all of his work, but he clearly knows how to produce a damn good song. 

I think his first big song was Whine Up by Kat Deluna in 2007 or 2008. 

XoXoJoanneGaga

Are Fernando and DJWS great producers outside of Gaga? I'm just wondering cause I haven't heard any of their stuff

Donatello

What If Lady Gaga is the genious behind all these ingenious productions and RedOne is just the cover Gaga had to use for her reasons back then (provably because her label wouldn't allow her to produce a song by herself back when she was a new act). What if RedOne actually gave Gaga the freedom to do her thing? What if she is the producer of Bad Romance and PokerFace? (I don't say that RedOne hasn't taken part to the production but maybe he contributed much much less than we think)

I've been thinking this ever since I heard another production of Paparazzi (possibly Garibay's) that made RedOne seem inessential. 

VforVendetta

Are Fernando and DJWS great producers outside of Gaga? I'm just wondering cause I haven't heard any of their stuff

I honestly think yes, at least they have their personal signatures.

Even the version of The Greatest Thing that leaked with Gaga in it sounded cheap even with Gaga in it

:yes: Even if I like the song.

Archived