Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga's use of autotune? Does this Gaga performance have AUTOTUNE?

Pain of fame1

Featured Posts

AbuHassan1992

I could judge from the stupidity of the title/topic that this thread was made by ARTPOPIST1

it's not stupid it's completely accurate so back off

I don't know how to differentiate between autotune, reverb etc but I know she did use something on her voice for that performance - but for effect, not because she can't sing, as evidenced by her hundreds of great performances without this effect. 

You have to be watching the video on mute to not hear that there is something there it couldn't be more obvious...

you really don't know the difference between reverb and autotune they have nothing to do with each other holy **** are you serious

are you confusing delay with pitch correction or something or are you ****

I don't know how to differentiate between autotune, reverb etc but I know she did use something on her voice for that performance - but for effect, not because she can't sing, as evidenced by her hundreds of great performances without this effect. 

You have to be watching the video on mute to not hear that there is something there it couldn't be more obvious...

damn captain obvious it's a reverb and delay of course it's meant t be noticed that's why it's there it's to fill up the sound space damn

now that's a case of obvious autotune...

and the AMA BR/Speechless - autotune

but this has no autotune.

a lot of ********* here don't know the difference between reverb or delay and pitch correction :toofunny:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheFame Monster

Some people claim that the 2009 VMAs Paparazzi performance was autotuned.. :shrug:

If you were at the Vmas it wasn't, but if you watched it on TV they added some audio effects

she doesn't use autotune live, she sings with backup vocals because it is hard as hell to dance and sing while still sounding good. listen to her judas snl performance mic feed. she sings but it's light because she gets so out of breath. that's why it SOUNDS autotuned, because it's the studio backup vocals playing along with her.

Pain of fame1

I could judge from the stupidity of the title/topic that this thread was made by ARTPOPIST1

I mean you are a madafaka, you knew it was made by me before you posted this, dont be that silly

dynamite

it's not stupid it's completely accurate so back off

you really don't know the difference between reverb and autotune they have nothing to do with each other holy **** are you serious

are you confusing delay with pitch correction or something or are you ****

damn captain obvious it's a reverb and delay of course it's meant t be noticed that's why it's there it's to fill up the sound space damn

a lot of ********* here don't know the difference between reverb or delay and pitch correction :toofunny:

What's your problem? I was just saying that I haven't learnt the difference between the different vocal effects but I was agreeing that there is something there and the last sentence was aimed at people who are denying that she used anything.

Get the **** over yourself and change your stinking attitude.

AbuHassan1992

she doesn't use autotune live, she sings with backup vocals because it is hard as hell to dance and sing while still sounding good. listen to her judas snl performance mic feed. she sings but it's light because she gets so out of breath. that's why it SOUNDS autotuned, because it's the studio backup vocals playing along with her.

she does use pc live. at least on tv

Poope MOnster

3:27 ?¿

Answer no..

Gaga use auto in some live but not this

But im ok if her use autotune with song like paper gangster

Bottom line is, she has never actually used autotune live.

VMA's, AMA's and Alan Carr were all pre-recorded or fell behind a few minutes (VMAs, AMAs) so that the MTV production team could add the autotune in. If you were actually sat in the crowd at the VMAs or the AMAs she was singing without any autotune, same with her Alan Carr performances. All the audio effects were added in post production.

The only time Gaga has ever used autotune live is when she did Paper Gangsta on her Monster Ball 1.0 tour and that ****ing slayed when she used it then. I actually loved how her voice sounded when she did that performance during that time. 

gagaohlala

Bottom line is, she has never actually used autotune live.

VMA's, AMA's and Alan Carr were all pre-recorded or fell behind a few minutes (VMAs, AMAs) so that the MTV production team could add the autotune in. If you were actually sat in the crowd at the VMAs or the AMAs she was singing without any autotune, same with her Alan Carr performances. All the audio effects were added in post production.

The only time Gaga has ever used autotune live is when she did Paper Gangsta on her Monster Ball 1.0 tour and that ****ing slayed when she used it then. I actually loved how her voice sounded when she did that performance during that time.

This

Little Monster | Diamond | Cry Baby | Lana Del Rey

Ok all of you have to realize AutoTune corrects pitch and does so without you realizing it. The Cher Effect is just so popular now, and it's done by speeding up the notes of correction and making them too fast for the song it's correcting, thus resulting in the robotic sound. That's not autotune, it sounds more like reverb and some other ****ty vocal effect.

Interlude

Paper Gangsta Live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS3sfp62Yx8

This was done on purpose as part of the performance though. A statement on record labels (Deff Jam) and how they prefer autotune over real talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSb9umJvhj4

Don't know why she used it here, she didn't need it and it made her sound wobbly but again, probably part of the performance

She uses synthesizers and reverb in studio versions of some songs

She doesn't use it from laziness or because she's not capable, it's always to get a specific sound or to make a statement

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

Archived