Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

A Big Difference Between Gaga and Katy

Quark

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Gaga choose to put a ball between her legs.

Katy choose to put gigantic cube on her head.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is this a shade when I am just stating what I see from Katy?

I said it could just easily go that direction when comparing the two, that's all. I didn't say you were shading her

Madonna can't sing or play instruments like Gaga, and MJ can play instruments like Gaga.

And who is who?

Non of them can dance like Queen M and MJ?

calmar

Also, I'm disappointed that Katy would so carelessly combine Mesopotamian and Egyptian cultures under one roof and then call herself "Katypatra" (when Cleopatra lived 2200 years after Babylon, and was of Greek ancestry). I would hope that Gaga would make sure her allusions don't conflate, distort, and simplify history like the MV for Dark Horse appears to be doing.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

shaneybaby

i always think that.. like katys video was like tarzan and now like egyptian themed... gagas can never be classified as anything other than its GAGA 

Except Katy doesn't have enought talent to be the female MJ, and Madonna doesn't have enought talent to be the female Gaga.

I think he's referring to the end of BTW MV tho ..

Some of them want to abuse you, some of them want be abused.

Also, I'm disappointed that Katy would so carelessly combine Mesopotamian and Egyptian cultures under one roof and then call herself "Katypatra" (when Cleopatra lived 2200 years after Babylon, and was of Greek ancestry). I would hope that Gaga would make sure her allusions don't conflate, distort, and simplify history like the MV for Dark Horse appears to be doing.

THIS. She wouldn't treat us like were all ignorant and feed on everything she will give us.

Some of them want to abuse you, some of them want be abused.

Ladle Ghoulash

big difference: one is a cultural icon and the other is a marketing machine.

not to mention her carelessly presenting a mish-mosh of japanese and chinese imagery and s-xualized and appropriated version of a kimono at the AMAs.

also one is an innovator and the other shamelessly panders the pop market.

I think Gaga is much more involved in what she does. I think Katy is involved as well, but she takes a step back and lets her creative team do what creative teams do. Gaga on the other hand likes to sit at the table with her creative team and be like, "let's do this, this, and this". I don't think one is necessarily better than the other but I do respect Gaga's way of working more.

Archived