Bill Werde wonders if G.U.Y can't turn around things for ARTPOP

LordDisick

Featured Posts

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah i know it flopped but for the most part Katy songs slay

photo-18839.jpg?_r=1391143316

I guess they're here for catchy pop songs, but not ballads or anything else. Oh well.

trL2txh.jpg

G.U.Y. isn't a quirky song. The music and lyrics read like a mediocre album filler that was written on auto pilot mode. There is nothing quirky about G.U.Y., except the part at the end when Gaga responds to Zedd asking her if she wants to share her joint. 

Battle 4 Ur Life

Gypsy won't bring anything new for Gaga tbh,  it would be the most safe, predictable and boring choice at this point...G.U.Y it's very fresh...and it's gonna be a game changer...he'll see...you'll see!

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

MonsterofFame

Gypsy won't bring anything new for Gaga tbh,  it would be the most safe, predictable and boring choice at this point...G.U.Y it's very fresh...and it's gonna be a game changer...he'll see...you'll see!

This. Gypsy would've been a great single if Gaga still had the GP's attention. She needs something unique and huge if she wants to come back up the charts. Since ballads seem to be hot, I'm wondering if Sexx Dreams would do well. It's not a ballad but it's slow and has a great beat.

Normally I'd say Donatella would be the best next single musically, but its not very relatable and some of the weird lyrics will probably turn the GP off.

freebit

Gypsy would be a very boring choice, even though its the most logical on paper. I'd rather she release something more adventurous since there's no guarantee of success either way.

Elizabeth

I like him and I respect his opinions but that's just his opinion. Due to his former job it's probably a well informed one, but the only way we'll find out how well G.U.Y is going to do, is by seeing what happens when it's released. 

ryhanna

At the end of the day his opinion holds no more weight than yours or mine. Bill's knowledgable on the charts, but single success is never something that is set in stone.

Ladle Ghoulash

But ARTPOP is not all about EDM or dance pop. She has a trap song Jewels N' Drugs, a Pop Rock/Trap song MANiCURE, two electronic ballads Dope and Gypsy, and DWUW was mostly R&B. And even her EDM songs don't sound like what everyone else has been releasing. When have you heard a song like Aura, MJH, Swine, and Venus on the radio for example?

You realize that trap is encompassed within EDM (being as trap is electronic rap music, primarily made for dancing) and J&D is absolutely a pop song, so, it's actually a trap pop song. 

But, I don't understand what you're saying. Your argument is falling instep with his about radio-friendliness (it is not radio friendly right now because there is nothing like it on the radio).

At the same time, this lack of 'radio friendliness' doesn't indicate that they can't be hits, just means that they're different than a lot of what's being released right now (which, in my opinion, is a great thing).

I agree with him. I feel that GP just won't buy it in terms of radio. Imagine families/people after 30s/ older listening to the song on the radio . It's like 100% they would switch.

Archived