Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Anyone else feel GUY is the first single to....

GHGUY

Featured Posts

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe you weren't here for the BTW era, but pretty much every single fan wanted MTN to be a single.

I was here and I still remember fans being upset Scheiße still wasn't picked

Zaplingfire

& the DWUW mess was another 'please the fan' single

Word, shouldn't be picking singles for fans. Although I think DWUW could have done better if they marketed it better 

Yes and what I realized is all this fan base does is complain about everything. Interscope chose for her and then she bumped her manager off and now she's doing what she really wants to.

But what you said still was not related to what the op was implying.... :awkney:

But what you said still was not related to what the op was implying.... :awkney:

Did the OP not mention that since after BTW the single the fans generally didnt like her singles much after that until G.U.Y

Not me. I meab its not a terrible track but its also not very strong either. And to me it sounds like something she might have released 4/5 years ago. It doesnt sound very...current to me. Plus it lacks a strong, catchy chorus.

I'm not. Venus (the concept) has been the center of ARTPOP over the past year. Venus should be the single & represent ARTPOP & what it is all about.

Thank you. Im legit going to be SO pressed if we dont get a video for Venus, at the least. Like...so pressed. Venus ****s all over GUY tbh (excuse the vulgarity)

I was here and I still remember fans being upset Scheiße still wasn't picked

That doesn't mean fans didn't want MTN. :awkney:

People will always be mad. I have been happy with every single choice except Judas, but that's only because Judas did so bad. I like Judas, I just wish it didn't flop to such extremes.

blahblahblahhhh

YAS! JUSTICE FOR G.U.Y.!

(it better be the goddamn singe or I will have a major meltodown)

Fixed.

That doesn't mean fans didn't want MTN. :awkney:

When ppl were still mad it was picked over another song at a particular time = disappoint (even if they eventually wanted it as a single) :later:

When ppl were still mad it was picked over another song at a particular time = disappoint (even if they eventually wanted it as a single) :later:

It's also good to note that the majority of the people rooting for MTN were doing so because they thought it was the most radio friendly song left on BTW, not because it was their favorite song on the album.

Scheisse and HML are the fan favorites from BTW. Period. It's not even a question.

Likewise -even though this time around they can be considered the more radio friendly songs- G.U.Y. and Gypsy are the fan favorites from ARTPOP. Saying otherwise would be totally ignoring the countless polls, posts, and comments referring to them as favorites. It's always a landslide. Venus lovers just happen to be a lot more vocal and annoying.

When EOG was picked, people were mad it wasn't MTN.

When EOG was picked, people were mad it wasn't MTN.

TEOG was chosen before the album dropped. At that time all we had was an instrumental and hype around the song because it was revealed to be the original lead single.

Fast-forward to the 4th single poll on GGD and Scheiße was unanimous.

Stefani328

I agree with the OP. It does seem like most fans are pleased this time around. I've visited other forums with people that are exactly big fans of Gaga and they even seem pleased at the choice. Although there are some that are still upset Venus isn't going to be third single and have flooded threads all day with complaints.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived