💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga can easily have #1 hits if she wanted to

Quark

Featured Posts

GagaObsession

I agree completely.

Gaga is too stubborn, she knows that she could totally slay the charts with a mainstream song if she wanted but she is too much about doing her own thing.

I would like her to try and go a little mainstream and see how it turns out, she could have 3/4 of an album playing it safe and a few ' there' songs for the true fans who like Gaga for Gaga.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dominic

She wanted a #1 hit. She didn't get a #1 hit.

This kind of disproves your thread sorry.

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

MessyTop

This!!!!

This only further proves my theory. Gaga is willing to release what she wants knowing that is could possibly fail but hoping that it won't.

Gaga has been the most popular pop girl since 2009. But now people just done care about her. Katy is not more popular than Gaga even tho she has more #1s. Its just that she is smart and plays it safe. And yes Gaga has lost the vision. In november she wanted Venus as the second single. And Venus is a flop waiting to happen. But I think that Gaga still can have a #1 single tho. The only thing she has to do is to work with established POP producers not some self proclaimed DJ and 19-20 years old kids. She needs hit producers like DarkChild, Max Martin, Stargate, RedOne, Dr. Luke( as much as you guys hate him). DJWS cant make a hit for Gags neither can Zedd and Madeon.

This does not disprove my theory. Half of the people in this thread are just not understanding what I am saying. Gaga obviously wants hits, but she wont fully comform to what could possibly be an easy hit just to get one. She still wants to keep her art in her pop songs and that is why she named the album ARTPOP. Like I keep saying, she hopes that people like her art and that it becomes a hit.

Dominic

This does not disprove my theory. Half of the people in this thread are just not understanding what I am saying. Gaga obviously wants hits, but she wont fully comform to what could possibly be an easy hit just to get one. She still wants to keep her art in her pop songs and that is why she named the album ARTPOP. Like I keep saying, she hopes that people like her art and that it becomes a hit.

I understand what you're saying but I don't think it's completely true.  I agree she does want to stick to her art but I think she is also willing to "conform" to get that #1.  Just look at how quick they changed the second single to DWUW just because it was a hit promo.  

Look at the "BUY APPLAUSE" begs she did on Twitter.  She wants them hits.  I think sometimes as much as we want to believe she doesn't write for the charts she clearly does.  :noparty:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

I hate to say it but this is kind of denial, right? It's like, she's clearly not doing as well with this album, it's a massive fall from grace after Born This Way and everyone who pays attention knows it. By saying "the reason it's not doing well is because she doesn't want it to, it's not about sales/charts/numbers", it's making an excuse for the album's poor performance AND perpetuating that annoying "Gaga the puppet master" theory.

Let's be real, friends -- if Gaga was in supreme control, had everything worked out and had a mission plan, none of this would have happened. DWUW would have always been second single, and Her Holiness with the Sight would have seen the R. Kelly backlash coming. But it wasn't, she didn't and now we're here.

Maybe, just maybe, Gaga is an artist who tried something, it didn't work and now she's fixing it. If you think this is all part of the plan and that she could get a number 1 easily if she wanted to, you're deluding yourself.

okay, what you are saying is technically true, but in the end of the day, you can't formulate a hit. with ARTPOP, most of the songs are gaga doing everything right by the book, and yet people aren't eating it up as much. its not that gaga does or doesn't want easy hits, its that the market is completely fickle and flighty. has it occured to anyone that maybe gaga would have more commercial success this era if she didn't focus so much on doing what seems to be a sure success of a hit? 

Haroon

I don't think there's such a thing as getting a #1 or a top 5 hit simply "if you want to" :shrug: There are many factors involved that the artist does not control, so there's no such thing as a guaranteed hit in my opinion :noparty:

fede ARTPOP

Shes over numbers 1....the girl just sold out many shows in UK...shes ok  :legend:

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived